Little reminders

NoobCruise

I wish there was a standard place to put the tags! I don't want to sound like a party-poop, but I like to take the tags off when I get my clothes back. Sometimes I can not find them, no matter how much I look. Recently I put something on at home, and finally, FINALLY! felt the tag. It must have been there since May.

It didn't feel so much good as it felt scratchy. :(

Just got dressed and found a tag in my sweatpants (it's cool here today). The sweatsuit just came back from Alaska, and I forgot that I left it folded so it could just be packed. I forgot all about the tag at the time! :eek:

At least it was easy to spot.

I was really surprised to find a tag on some capris that I had worn on a cruise 7 months before! :eek: It was a warm weather cruise in October -- winter came and went, and it finally warmed up enough here to wear capris.

I was wondering what that scratchy feeling was at my waist.....and yes I did smile. :D

I never seem to pull them off when we are on the ship but each time I launder DH's undies after we get home, I pull them off. Our dry cleaner at home used to give me a 'sideways glance' when they saw a tag they know is not theirs when I bring in clothes after they were done on a ship. They now recognize them as HAL's laundry :D and ask about our cruise.

By the time I've gotten rid of most of them, I know it's time for another cruise. :)

Need to collect some more.

I LOVE finding the laundry tags on something I haven't worn in a while. Like others have said, they bring back fond memories of past cruises.

Personally, I tend to leave them on the clothes until they start curling at the edges and itching.

Why take the tags off while still on the cruise? That means the next time you send a garment out to the laundry, staff has to affix a new tag each time!

Donna

Doesn't that tag number correspond to the laundry bag number? If you leave tags on clothes while cruising and mix together things that have been in previous loadS won't some of the things risk being "lost and maybe not found" ? Perhaps the excellent workers in HAL's laundry are trained to watch for previous tags and remove them to prevent mix ups.

I was surprised to recently find a tag on DH's jeans that has lived on those pants since last spring! So much for "sharp eyesight"! No excuses from this laundry lady. But it did leave me wishing for another cruise, like right now!

Why take the tags off while still on the cruise? That means the next time you send a garment out to the laundry' date=' staff has to affix a new tag each time![/quote']

A new tag has to be affixed each time anyway to correspond to the number on the invoice for that load. No sense confusing the issue with too many tags for the laundry workers to check.

Somewhere incorporated with that number on the tag is your cabin number! I know because our cabin number in 2010 was 7056 (blue tags that sailing), and our cabin number in 2011 was 2707 (pink tags that sailing). The numbers "7056" and "2707" were on the tag of those garments from each respective sailing.

I look at the laundry tags as an easy way to remember what is clean when I go home:):) I too just found one the other day - and yes they do have the cabin number on them:D

Brings back memories of the tissue wrapped little things and the well delivered other things. Love laundry on HAL:D

I think HAL does a great job with the laundry and dry cleaning.

I'm careful to not send anything of mine that requires delicate care and find if I'm careful what I send, we are happy with how they handle what they have done. :)

No one does whites better than HAL laundries. :)

Archived