All Things Adventure of the Seas

We were very disappointed in the mini-golf revisions. It is very awkward going between decks and some of the holes "just don't work". Otherwise, we thought most of the "revitalization" worked fine.

Sorry to hear that, we've got two long cruises on Adventure coming.

Any idea when next year? The ships we have been on lately with the Concierge lounge on 14 were very nice.

The concierge never gave a date and he only had one week left on the ship so I'm not sure he knew.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

101days until we sail. :-) I'm so excited! You guys here at CC have been my go-to cruise people during my whole planning and booking process. Thanks for all your great answers and insight.

I have a couple of questions: what is the earliest flight I should book when disembarking? Is 10:30am too tight for comfort? I don't want to eat in under 5 minutes (I do that on the way to work each morning :-( ) and rush off the ship like there's a plane to catch :-0.

Or should we take a much later flight (5:30pm), rent a car and drive out to El Yunque? Or will we be ready to just get on an earlier flight so we can get home and start planning the next cruise?

We plan on flying into SJ the night before, then spend the day touring OSJ. What is the latest we must board the ship by if she departs at 8:30pm? I want to make the earlier muster drill.

TIA!!

Edited by Renken

101days until we sail. :-) I'm so excited! You guys here at CC have been my go-to cruise people during my whole planning and booking process. Thanks for all your great answers and insight.

I have a couple of questions: what is the earliest flight I should book when disembarking? Is 10:30am too tight for comfort? I don't want to eat in under 5 minutes (I do that on the way to work each morning :-( ) and rush off the ship like there's a plane to catch :-0.

Or should we take a much later flight (5:30pm), rent a car and drive out to El Yunque? Or will we be ready to just get on an earlier flight so we can get home and start planning the next cruise?

We plan on flying into SJ the night before, then spend the day touring OSJ. What is the latest we must board the ship by if she departs at 8:30pm? I want to make the earlier muster drill.

TIA!!

We are getting ready to sail on the Adventure for our 3rd time and Love her....We can't wait to see all the new updates.

10:30 a.m. flight..NO WAY!!!! You have to realize there maybe other cruiseships disembarking the sametime we are. The last time we were there 3 other ships were in port disembarking. Go with an afternoon flight if possible. I wouldn't rent a car and drive to EL Yungue the day you are trying to fly home. Flip Flop you OSJ Day . Take a look around OSJ the day you fly home. There is a free trolley that you can jump on/off anytime. Several posters have talked about where you can store your luggage for the day while you explore OSJ. Post the question and some one will answer you.

El Yungue...get up early and be at the park by 9:00 explore, hike, get wet return to the ship by 5:30 pm fir Muster Drill.. I hope this helps. We set sail May 20th,2017

Angela

:)Where is CK Robyn on this thread????? I haven't been able to find anything from her about the AOS. On our first trip several years ago Robyn had a fantastic thread titled all things Adventure. I read every post by her getting the pulse of the ship.

Robyn if you see this THANK YOU...were are getting ready to set sail on the AOS for our third time May 20,2017. Your excitement for the Adventure had me excited for months prior to boarding.

Angela Ramsey/California

We are getting ready to sail on the Adventure for our 3rd time and Love her....We can't wait to see all the new updates.

10:30 a.m. flight..NO WAY!!!! You have to realize there maybe other cruiseships disembarking the sametime we are. The last time we were there 3 other ships were in port disembarking. Go with an afternoon flight if possible. I wouldn't rent a car and drive to EL Yungue the day you are trying to fly home. Flip Flop you OSJ Day . Take a look around OSJ the day you fly home. There is a free trolley that you can jump on/off anytime. Several posters have talked about where you can store your luggage for the day while you explore OSJ. Post the question and some one will answer you.

El Yungue...get up early and be at the park by 9:00 explore, hike, get wet return to the ship by 5:30 pm fir Muster Drill.. I hope this helps. We set sail May 20th,2017

Angela

Thanks, Angela. I was thinking about doing the flip flop thing- We just might do that.

Yes- I read about storing luggage with a restaurant the day we depart. The name escapes me, but I'll do a search for it and most probably drop our luggage off there, tour a bit, then have our farewell cocktail and lunch back at the restaurant before we gather our luggage and depart *sniff*

Have fun on your cruise- so exciting!

Sorry to bring this back up but is the information still correct to this day? Especially smoking on the outside promenade deck? My Father in law will need to know when we get on the ship next year. Thanks!

It is still the same as far as I know and it has been this way on every other Voyager/Freedom class ship that I have recently been on.

Pure speculation here...I am curious if they will start refurbing some of the rooms when AOS starts going out of Ft Lauderdale? Perhaps all the materials for the shortened dry dock are still sitting in FLA after the hurricane and they are going to slowly start installing them? Maybe that is why they swapped out AOS and FOS this year?

We have two Adventure cruises planned so we'll see!

This is the first one. Maybe they will realize how many of their guests are unhappy when they get the surveys back.

We booked this ship because there was a cigar lounge and we like San Juan. I'm no longer looking forward to the trip as much as I was.

Same for us... The cigar lounge was always one of the highlights of any trips on the Adventurer... met many wonderful people every night.

Pure speculation here...I am curious if they will start refurbing some of the rooms when AOS starts going out of Ft Lauderdale? Perhaps all the materials for the shortened dry dock are still sitting in FLA after the hurricane and they are going to slowly start installing them? Maybe that is why they swapped out AOS and FOS this year?

We have two Adventure cruises planned so we'll see!

That is an interesting thought. I guess we will see. More likely they saw a way to increase revenue with the switch.

:)Where is CK Robyn on this thread????? I haven't been able to find anything from her about the AOS. On our first trip several years ago Robyn had a fantastic thread titled all things Adventure. I read every post by her getting the pulse of the ship.

Robyn if you see this THANK YOU...were are getting ready to set sail on the AOS for our third time May 20,2017. Your excitement for the Adventure had me excited for months prior to boarding.

Angela Ramsey/California

Hi Angela :)

Thanks so much for your kind words! I am still (and always will be) a HUGE fan of the Adventure, it really feels like home to me. I last sailed on her in February 2016, and I am booked again for November 2017 - this time trying the ABC route and very excited about it as I have never been to Bonaire!

My original thread was closed to make room for this one - and to be honest, I don't really check this one very often!

Have a wonderful cruise and I will look for your comments when you return!

Looking for a bit of advice. Booked an Owners Suite for my DH, 2 DS (18 & 22) and myself. I am confused by the Royal Caribbean website as to the services offered. I know we do not have a genie as it is a small ship. Will be have someone to help us if we need anything?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for your kind words! I am still (and always will be) a HUGE fan of the Adventure, it really feels like home to me. I last sailed on her in February 2016, and I am booked again for November 2017 - this time trying the ABC route and very excited about it as I have never been to Bonaire!

My original thread was closed to make room for this one - and to be honest, I don't really check this one very often!

I'll be on Adventure doing the ABCs real soon. Got a big day planned for Bonaire as that will be our 36th anniversary.

Looking for a bit of advice. Booked an Owners Suite for my DH, 2 DS (18 & 22) and myself. I am confused by the Royal Caribbean website as to the services offered. I know we do not have a genie as it is a small ship. Will be have someone to help us if we need anything?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Yes You will have a concierge. These are the suite services:

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Yes You will have a concierge. These are the suite services:

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Thank you for your quick reply! We are excited for the personal service DS will receive as it is "his" cruise.

Robyn i'm so glad that you didn't jump ship. I'll definately post a reveiw and pictures upon our return.;)