Wish Carnival would change their rules.....

LucyR.

This past week I had a serious water leak in my condo. It was fixed but I still need to hire someone to fix the torned down wall to have the pumbling work done.

My washer broke down this week and I need to buy a new one.

Grand-daughter is having a baby this week. It will be my first grandkid.

I got sick last week with a cold and now I am having asthma whezzing sounds and coughs at times. I have the asthma meds. Hard to sleep with the sound from my voice/whezzing sp.

My dog needs to see a vet because she has some type of inflamation

on her private part.

I wanted to change my cruise date to a future date so I can take care of all my problems now.

I called my T.A. and I was told at this late date of just a few days away from my cruise....Carnival will keep my money except for the Gov. taxes and some fees. I am not able to roll over my money for a future cruise.

I WISH CARNIVAL IS LIKE THE AIRLINES THAT GIVE PAX'S a chance to change dates for travel.

I have travel insurance and I don't need advise. I just hope that Carnival is more considerate of us cruisers. I hope Carnival starts to listen to our complaints and work on alternatives.

This is my Christmas wish for this year. I am thinking of not cruising this coming year as much as I have cruised in my life. I have a feeling that Carnival is going to crash like a lot of airlines do and start to think of a plan B.

They are losing customers with their plan A which is inconsiderate of us cruisers who never know when disaster may hit us in small ways.

In all of my years of cruising I have never had so many things happen in one week. It would have been really nice for Carnival to take that into consideration since I have cruised with them 25 times or more.

I am just venting and hoping for Carnival to make some changes. But if they don't.... I can just stop cruising and instead just stay at all-inclusive resorts. THATS MY PLAN B. Lucy

If your grand daughter is having a baby, then how can it be your first grandchild?

I think the OP is saying "grand" as in wonderful or great. I might be wrong, but that is how I read it.

To the OP, sorry your plans have been ruined and it is good to read that you have travel insurance to help with the issue. It is always good to be able to vent and get things off of our chests. Happy future sailing and congrats on the addition to your family.

And there are many outside insurance companies out there that can cover things like you mentioned.

Hey Jim, we have been trying to send you a PM, but for the life of us can not find the button anywhere..lol. Could you please send us a PM and hopefully we can just see and reply back to it? We've been looking for a couple days for that darn button. We wanted to send you some of the group photo's we have from the Dream. We enjoyed it so much and are planning on cruising the Freedom in August.

Hope all has been well for you and the family.

Ben & Cindy

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)

Hey Jim, we have been trying to send you a PM, but for the life of us can not find the button anywhere..lol. Could you please send us a PM and hopefully we can just see and reply back to it? We've been looking for a couple days for that darn button. We wanted to send you some of the group photo's we have from the Dream. We enjoyed it so much and are planning on cruising the Freedom in August.

Hope all has been well for you and the family.

Ben & Cindy

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)

The PM function on this board is disabled.

:)

Other the Southwest what other airlines do this without a penalty/fee?

The OP's point is that Carnival won't give him ANY of his money back besides the taxes and whatever else he said was included. If they let you change with a $50 fee/penalty I don't think the OP would be having this problem. So instead of paying $50 to change the date and cruises later he'll lose all his money and not cruise. Make sense?

The OP's point is that Carnival won't give him ANY of his money back besides the taxes and whatever else he said was included. If they let you change with a $50 fee/penalty I don't think the OP would be having this problem. So instead of paying $50 to change the date and cruises later he'll lose all his money and not cruise. Make sense?

I think that the root of the problem for the OP, and many others, is that they've not reviewed the contract that they agreed to when they made final payment on the voyage.

It's easy for us to say as experienced cruisers but none the less folks need to educate themselves when expending large sums of money on any purchase...

It doesn't really work for Carnival's business model to do that. Unlike the airlines where they tend to be overbooked, Carnival relies on every cabin being full AND the majority of those onboard spending money onboard. If they can't fill that cabin and were to refund money or even tranfer it to another sailing, they are losing the onboard spending revenue on the current sailing if they can't resell the room at the last minute.

If Carnival allowed a $50 change fee, can you imagine how many people might decide at the last minute to change? If even a small percentage of those onboard bailed out at the last minute, that's a lot of lost revenue onboard and creates a logistical nightmare trying to resell rooms very quickly and then blocking space down the road they wanted to sell.

I think that the root of the problem for the OP, and many others, is that they've not reviewed the contract that they agreed to when they made final payment on the voyage.

It's easy for us to say as experienced cruisers but none the less folks need to educate themselves when expending large sums of money on any purchase...

Which I would perfectly understand from a new cruiser. But OP stated that she has been on 25 cruises with Carnival, so there is no excuse for not reading the contract.

It doesn't really work for Carnival's business model to do that. Unlike the airlines where they tend to be overbooked, Carnival relies on every cabin being full AND the majority of those onboard spending money onboard. If they can't fill that cabin and were to refund money or even tranfer it to another sailing, they are losing the onboard spending revenue on the current sailing if they can't resell the room at the last minute.

If Carnival allowed a $50 change fee, can you imagine how many people might decide at the last minute to change? If even a small percentage of those onboard bailed out at the last minute, that's a lot of lost revenue onboard and creates a logistical nightmare trying to resell rooms very quickly and then blocking space down the road they wanted to sell.

I do get that. I was just explaining to the PP that the OP wasn't complaining about paying a fee to switch dates, they were complaining about the lack of ability to switch dates since it seems like they were confused as to what the issue was.

If your grand daughter is having a baby, then how can it be your first grandchild?

Seriously? Is this what you took away from the OP's sad sack story?

Maddle

PS - does your travel insurance cover your home being uninhabitable? OR - will your homeowner's insurance perhaps assist with this loss?

If Carnival did that for you, they would have to do it for everyone. If a small fraction of passangers did this, they don't make money. It's not like there will be someone waiting for that cabin a couple days before the cruise, whereas with the airlines, there are almost always people flying standby, or the flights are oversold. If the cruises went to an airline model, can you imagine what would happen if you booked your cruise, paid for it, and when you showed up at the port, they tell you that you can't cruise because someone checked in before you? You can either hope that someone will give you their room on the cruise, or wait for the next one to leave. Somehow, I don't see that going over too well.

As far as your granddaughter having a baby, presumably, you have known about her due date for some time, at least 6 months. Even if you booked the cruise before the pregnancy, if when you heard the news and heard that it was around the time of your cruise, you could have changed your dates much easier back then than you could now.

Seriously? Is this what you took away from the OP's sad sack story?

Maddle

PS - does your travel insurance cover your home being uninhabitable? OR - will your homeowner's insurance perhaps assist with this loss?

I was just asking for clarification, what's wrong with that?

Archived