Frustrated!

You could have said, 'sorry, it's really too late'. Your sister sounds charming.

It really was a bad cabin (Rhapsody, near the bow, on one of those inside corridors, and it smelled):eek::(. We're too close as sisters to have blown her off without causing hard feelings.

I have cruised solo since then, and I have now learned, if anyone wants to join after the fact, I will help them find their own cabin.

You're problem is that you are not properly charging the people who were added. Say the cruise originally cost you $800 a person...and you had $50 OBC ($1,600 total, net of $1,500).

When you add the person the price for the three in the cabin went up to $900 a person and you lost the OBC ($2,700 total, net of $2,700). You should have kept everything on your card and told the added person their cost was $1,200...that keeps you whole...and have them give you their money. :D

Here is my frustration Myself , Hubby , Oldest Son and his wife decide we are going on a cruise ..book our cabins and we all have 50 bucks per person OBC. Then my 17 yo decide to go , so we have to add her , which means we have to get a different cabin..We lose our OBC and aside from paying for our daughter our price goes up 400 . GRRRRR! THEN my father in law decides he wants to go. SO we take our daughter out and put her with GPA... we now literally are next door to our original cabin and our price goes up 75 bucks a person . GOOD NEWS FIL and Daughter have 25 OBC UNTIL my nephew decided to go .But Wait ! Not only do they lose their OBC. MY son and his wife make no changes to their cabin but lose their OBC ..... Can someone one explain the rational on why when adding ppl you get punished by losing OBC... I kinda understand when u shuffle rooms , although I still feel ripped off , I can at least buy the rationale. and if we book thru a TA would it be the same? ATthe end of the day this will not ruin my trip as we have never gotten any OBC or any perks ..just wanted to vent and see if anyone had a reasonable answer..

Yes - you are rebooking with every change. Make it clear to your family that they have to decide before the booking is made - no changes. Not like stuffing another person in the van for a road trip.

Next time ask "everyone" if they want to go before you book anything..

If they are wish-washy and cannot decide, then don't give them the option later.

You turned everyone else's problem into yours for no reason......

Edited by matj2000

No they are in the service industry. Here to serve my every need. 😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

................the ships are the way the company has chosen to make money for the employees and stock holders in a "service industrial guise". They aren't no Little Sisters of the Poor.;)

Feel blessed you have a family that you want to spend time with and enjoy being with. I don't have a family, just a bunch of relatives that don't know anything about cruising and think we are wasting our money.

But, we have met many great people though here on the boards and have enjoyed cruising with them again and again.

Enjoy your trip, its only money and you cannot take it when your gone anyway.

JoeRum

When you are adding people you are changing your booking and they are going to give you whatever the current rate for the room is including the current sale regarding OBC.

Same thing happens if you find a price drop. You may get the price drop if before final payment but you may lose OBC or other booking perks depending upon the current offer.

This is a keeper. I had never thought of this before because none of our cruises - up until the one next year - EVER had OBC. Now that we do, I'm keeping this in mind when seeking price drops. To tie in another twist, I hope we would not lose the $100 OBC we gained for opening a RCL credit card. The $200 we gained OBC for booking the cruise on our last cruise though, I'd imagine, COULD potentially be lost.

Here is my frustration Myself , Hubby , Oldest Son and his wife decide we are going on a cruise ..book our cabins and we all have 50 bucks per person OBC. Then my 17 yo decide to go , so we have to add her , which means we have to get a different cabin..We lose our OBC and aside from paying for our daughter our price goes up 400 . GRRRRR! THEN my father in law decides he wants to go. SO we take our daughter out and put her with GPA... we now literally are next door to our original cabin and our price goes up 75 bucks a person . GOOD NEWS FIL and Daughter have 25 OBC UNTIL my nephew decided to go .But Wait ! Not only do they lose their OBC. MY son and his wife make no changes to their cabin but lose their OBC ..... Can someone one explain the rational on why when adding ppl you get punished by losing OBC... I kinda understand when u shuffle rooms , although I still feel ripped off , I can at least buy the rationale. and if we book thru a TA would it be the same? ATthe end of the day this will not ruin my trip as we have never gotten any OBC or any perks ..just wanted to vent and see if anyone had a reasonable answer..

I think your relatives are frustrating you more! Leave them all behind, book yourself a nice suite and enjoy your cruise!:D

The reason your prices are going up (or down) is because every time you are adding/reshuffling people, the cruise line is considering it as a new booking (at the going rates with the current promos). They are not doing anything wrong. You could also transfer your booking to a good TA so that they can handle all this reshuffling and booking problems.

You probably had cabins that had only two berths. When you wanted to add a passenger to your cabin, you had to change categories. That means entirely new pricing.

If you had been in a cabin that HAS an extra berth, and just added someone, your pricing would not have changed.

I agree with this because it happened to my family that way and our price did not change. We were just charged for the 4th person in the room.

Feel blessed you have a family that you want to spend time with and enjoy being with. I don't have a family, just a bunch of relatives that don't know anything about cruising and think we are wasting our money.

But, we have met many great people though here on the boards and have enjoyed cruising with them again and again.

Enjoy your trip, its only money and you cannot take it when your gone anyway.

JoeRum

I always tell anti cruisers that they do not know what they are missing and even converted a few :D

Next time ask "everyone" if they want to go before you book anything..

If they are wish-washy and cannot decide, then don't give them the option later.

You turned everyone else's problem into yours for no reason......

Nah, I think her final conclusion was best...sail solo. Every man for himself.

I have been working so I just logged on today...

1. I just needed to vent and move on... Once I put it on paper (so to speak ) I felt better.

2. I understand about the rooms being different price. My point is I spent almost 5K so would it have killed RC to let me keep a few hundred in OBC

3. Yes I am Very Blessed ;)

4 And yes I can laugh at myself for being whiney but the waterslide and Ikea comments went over my head.

5. And I was not thinking about a TA this time but next time I will actually I will go thru COSTCO because they offer some perks. AND yes next TIME NO ADD ons

6. Everyone have a great evening !

I have been working so I just logged on today...

1. I just needed to vent and move on... Once I put it on paper (so to speak ) I felt better.

2. I understand about the rooms being different price. My point is I spent almost 5K so would it have killed RC to let me keep a few hundred in OBC

3. Yes I am Very Blessed ;)

4 And yes I can laugh at myself for being whiney but the waterslide and Ikea comments went over my head.

5. And I was not thinking about a TA this time but next time I will actually I will go thru COSTCO because they offer some perks. AND yes next TIME NO ADD ons

6. Everyone have a great evening !

you-deserve-a-drink.jpegbon_voyage.PNG