Cancel Equinox and Reflection TA Goes Crazy

Lastdance

It is amazing how many people were dumped by the Equinox/Europe and booked other cruises including the Reflection TA in April, 2017. There are only a handful of S1(not aft)suites available; only one A!...What a difference that choice by Celebrity made, besides some unhappy customers and some very happy ones who love cruising from Florida to the Caribbean.

Edited by Lastdance

You have any proof to back up your say

What proof are you looking for? I was dumped by Equinox and choose not to book Reflection based on its itinerary and increased cost. I was a very unhappy customer and switched to RCCL.

What proof are you looking for? I was dumped by Equinox and choose not to book Reflection based on its itinerary and increased cost. I was a very unhappy customer and switched to RCCL.

But, but, but, you gave the same bottom line your $$ and same share holders.

They win.

It is amazing how many people were dumped by the Equinox/Europe and booked other cruises including the Reflection TA in April, 2017. There are only a handful of S1(not aft)suites available; only one A!...What a difference that choice by Celebrity made, besides some unhappy customers and some very happy ones who love cruising from Florida to the Caribbean.

With the glut of cabin's, there was a hard business decision to be made.

My Grand Parents to their last day said man was not ment to fly, so they never did.

Ditto for us!! We also booked a RCCL TA to replace the Equinox!!

Ditto for us!! We also booked a RCCL TA to replace the Equinox!!

But, but, but, you both gave the same bottom line your $$ and same share holders.

They win 2 times now. Why?

I was very unhappy with cancellation of our Equinox fall TA, but none of any TA itineraries left were in interest to us. It must be meant to be - no travel in Europe. So we booked Equinox October 27, 17 - too many perks and OBC to pass. We gave up our preferred AQ big balconies cabin for just a balcony - so not the end of the world.

You have any proof to back up your say

Number of cabins before and after the Equinox canceled..20 suites, S1's and now four...etc...flashing lights disappearing in every category and fast...don't have to be a rocket scientist!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But, but, but, you both gave the same bottom line your $$ and same share holders.

They win 2 times now. Why?

Celebrity will be treated as a seperate company within RCCI with a separate CEO and board structure. As such they will have their own Sales, Growth and Profit targets which will be different, possibly, to the other companies in the Group (RCI and Azamara). The CEO and board will be accountable to the Shareholders for achieving their targets so any drop in Celebrities performance will impact their own career/reward/employment status.

The decisions they make drive their Companies numbers and they won't want to see them be negatively impacted. The market (shareholders) will have been given indications in the RCCI annual reports of the financial plans of all companies in the group. They wont see revenue dropping in Celebrity as a good thing as they would expect all companies to hit their targets.

I think there will be other cruise lines following suit. The European market, especially the Med., is soft this year.

Celebrity is a business. A business needs to make profit. They're banking that the people they tick off will be far fewer than the many cabins they'll sell with the new itineraries. It's a small risk they're taking for bigger gains. :cool:

It's a smart business move. Who wants to sail to Europe now. Don't think Celebrity had much of a choise. I know I would not go over there now.

I'd have no problems cruising to Europe right now.

Every time I turn on my TV or open a newspaper there's another report of a mass shooting in the United States. Do you feel people should also avoid travelling to the US as well?

Personally, I think Celebrity shot themselves in the foot when they released the 2017 European itineraries last fall. The prices were very high and I feel that resulted in a lot of people either waiting to book or making other vacation plans.

While it is a good business move, I do feel bad for those who had their sailings cancelled as many had airfare and hotels already booked.

It's a smart business move. Who wants to sail to Europe now. Don't think Celebrity had much of a choise. I know I would not go over there now.

I've got 4 European cruises booked, and hope they don't cancel any of them. ;)

With both the Constellation AND the Equinox out of the transatlantic business next year, that's 5,000 fewer beds being supplied... and next April's prices for Silhouette, Eclipse and Reflection show it. ;)

The probability of getting another 15 night transatlantic on Reflection for only $449pp again just dropped dramatically. :eek: :o :(

Who wants to sail to Europe now. Don't think Celebrity had much of a choise. I know I would not go over there now.

I just booked a 14 night transatlantic to Europe for April. Just that it's with Royal Caribbean instead of Celebrity.

This past April, it was a 35 night B2B, New Zealand and transpacific... ALSO with Royal.

This fall it's a 12 night transatlantic from Rome...*A*L*S*O* with Royal.

That's 61 nights Celebrity lost out on just from me. :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

I've got 4 European cruises booked, and hope they don't cancel any of them. ;)

I also hope they don't cancel any of them either. I just would not feel safe but everyone is different. Enjoy your cruises.

Celebrity will be treated as a seperate company within RCCI with a separate CEO and board structure. As such they will have their own Sales, Growth and Profit targets which will be different, possibly, to the other companies in the Group (RCI and Azamara). The CEO and board will be accountable to the Shareholders for achieving their targets so any drop in Celebrities performance will impact their own career/reward/employment status.

The decisions they make drive their Companies numbers and they won't want to see them be negatively impacted. The market (shareholders) will have been given indications in the RCCI annual reports of the financial plans of all companies in the group. They wont see revenue dropping in Celebrity as a good thing as they would expect all companies to hit their targets.

I do not think this to be accurate. There are actually at least 6 different subsidiaries in the RCCI group. All but 1 are 100% owned by RCCI. As such, I doubt that they have separate Directors (Other than RCCI Officers and/or Board members). I am sure that each Subsidiary has NOI and NI goals, that they are accountable for attaining.

With both the Constellation AND the Equinox out of the transatlantic business next year, that's 5,000 fewer beds being supplied... and next April's prices for Silhouette, Eclipse and Reflection show it. ;)

The probability of getting another 15 night transatlantic on Reflection for only $449pp again just dropped dramatically. :eek: :o :(

I just booked a 14 night transatlantic to Europe for April. Just that it's with Royal Caribbean instead of Celebrity.

This past April, it was a 35 night B2B, New Zealand and transpacific... ALSO with Royal.

You gotta do what ya gotta due...I am booked on the Reflection TA; love Europe and am not afraid any more than I am in the US...Royal is fine with me too, but I prefer Celebrity...35 nights? I am waiting till I am real old for that one[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also hope they don't cancel any of them either. I just would not feel safe but everyone is different. Enjoy your cruises.

To be honest, looking on from the UK I doubt we would feel 100% safe in the USA at all or Europe, come to think of it. The world doesn't feel safe but let's stick together on this one ........ we are off to the Med. soon. Can't wait.

Edited by Presto2

To be honest, looking on from the UK I doubt we would feel 100% safe in the USA at all or Europe, come to think of it. The world doesn't feel safe but let's stick together on this one ........ we are off to the Med. soon. Can't wait.

I totally agree with you; the US is not safer, but those of us who have traveled around the world more than others would most likely:) agree with you.

Celebrity will make 3x the money on each night without having to give out any OBC , they probably don't care you are not on them because it appear people will pay the big bucks for a TA :o

The cheapest cruise I have book at the moment is with Celebrity $549 USD ,military rate with $250 obc , 15 night cruise , it is a repositioning not not a TA

Edited by Airbalancer

After receiving an email from celebrity last Friday, we were really disappointed to see they had cancelled our Equinox cruise for 21 June as we planned this around a wedding in uk as we live in Cyprus. So we also thought we would spend two nights in Barcelona pre cruise. After spending nearly a week negotiating with t/a we came to agreement with what we would have to pay extra. Well when t/a went back to celebrity they had changed their minds and now wanted us to pay an extra £600 as originally we were booked for Aqua class. Surely they should be honouring our original booking. The deal celebrity they want to make is to lose the classic drinks package and obc. We are disgusted with celebrity the way they have treated us when they have made the cancellation.

Edited by ba ba

I was very unhappy with cancellation of our Equinox fall TA, but none of any TA itineraries left were in interest to us. It must be meant to be - no travel in Europe. So we booked Equinox October 27, 17 - too many perks and OBC to pass. We gave up our preferred AQ big balconies cabin for just a balcony - so not the end of the world.

We also were disappointed that they cancelled our Equinox Transatlantic cruise. We have switched our booking to the Eclipse. Just glad we had plenty of notice.

I've got loads of European cruises booked, as well as European land trips. Not sure why you would feel unsafe. Bad things are happening everywhere. Nothing can keep me home while I'm young, healthy and able to travel.

Michael

I've got loads of European cruises booked, as well as European land trips. Not sure why you would feel unsafe. Bad things are happening everywhere. Nothing can keep me home while I'm young, healthy and able to travel.

Michael

Go for it.