Looking at a L Shaped Cabin

siestakeys04

I stayed in one and really enjoyed it. It was called a large balcony room and the balcony actually had a lounge chair. One thing in my case is that the bathroom door hit the bed when fully opened but that didn;t bother me in the least. I also loved the location as was very quiet. I liked the room alot.

We just got off the Sunshine and had an L shaped balcony cabin. I previously sailed on the Splendor last year, in an L shaped balcony room. I ditto what previous posters have said. The room is VERY quiet and you are next to the aft wrap balcony. Both of our balcony cabins had a recliner/lounge chair and 2 chairs and a small table. It was nice and large. I enjoyed the bathroom being on the other side of the room away from the closets. We could open and close the closet doors without worrying about someone coming out of the bathroom. The rooms seemed a tiny bit smaller and more "boxy" shaped instead of rectangular shaped like regular balcony rooms. I wouldn't hesitate to book this room shape again and again!

Good morning all so we are cruising on the Victory next July. I have cruised this ship before and enjoyed it. We've had balconies twice but now looking at a L Shape for the next one. How much did you enjoy it?

We enjoyed the larger balcony but missed the couch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some l-shaped have couches (Sunshine, Victory etc), actually love seats, and others (Conquest class) do not. Depending on the cruise (if weather could be bad etc) that is a factor but we generally chose the balconies. They are quiet, in a great location and love having the lounger. You sacrifice floor space in the cabin but you gain the bed facing out the window; I leave the curtains open for the sunrise.

This truly is our go-to room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a youtube video I uploaded of our "L" on the Valor. We have stayed in this type of cabin many times and love it !! We have one booked again on the Magic in 2020, one of the "L" cabins we had did have a love seat. But I cant remember which ship

• Like 1

My husband and I did a B2B on the Conquest in an L-shaped and LOVED it! Loved having the lounger on the balcony so that I had a quiet place to read and relax. The best part about it was that on the class of ship, they are priced the same as regular balconies. So I even got some price drops for one of the cruises. Oh, and I also enjoyed the second window. Loved the extra light in the room.

We have had several L-shaped balcony cabins on different ships, and have one again on our upcoming January Conquest cruise. (same one we had last time on Conquest) I love the long balcony. We spend a lot of time out there, as we have been to all the ports many times, and usually just stay on the ship and enjoy the emptiness! I do not miss not having a couch. The only other thing I can tell you is to make sure you get an L cabin sandwiched between decks that have cabins on them. (we have deck 7) If you have the aft adult pool above you you will hear chairs being moved/scraping the decks in the early morning, and if you have the comedy club/showroom below you you may hear that in the later evenings.

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2018 at 11:43 AM, elcuchio24 said:

We thought the aft wrap was ok. Did it once. If it wasnt a ton more money I may do it again. HATE the aft facing balconies....can't understand how people consider that an upgrade over normal balonies. Hot/not as good a view/less privacy.

The "L" shaped cabins arent aft facing  they are the one's  next to the side corner of the aft wraps.   The are awsome. 

I did a ship tour on the Breeze with my TA friend.  And I actually had this room booked and I didn't like after I saw it.  The room felt really small and claustrophobic, so we switched to an aft extended view balcony.  I'm so glad I did.  Everyone has their own opinions on the room they prefer and this kind is definitely one I'm not interested it; balcony size isn't that big of deal to me.

I am in the minority-   I hated that cabin.  Felt like i was on top of my traveling partner all week.   There is only a small area of usable space in the cabin-- that 3 feet sq in front of the vanity.   Very hard when two people are getting ready for dinner  or the day.    When we sailed the tv was over by the vanity.   The only way to view it was to lay in bed on your side.  Couldnt sit on the bed to watch because then you had to crick your neck to watch.      If wanting a bigger balcony stay on the aft across the back.  Cabin will have much more space plus a sofa to sit on   

WE had the L-shaped balcony on the Valor for a B2B and loved it.  I actually felt like it was bigger, but the thing we like most is that the bed faced the window and door, so we could look out while lounging on the bed.  True the bathroom door did hit the bed if opened all the way, but who does that anyway.  We have booked the same cabin type on the Freedom 14 day for Jan. 2021.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:01 PM, hockeyluver said:

The "L" shaped cabins arent aft facing  they are the one's  next to the side corner of the aft wraps.   The are awsome. 

Well aware of what it is, from staying in them. What I was saying is I dont like it/wrap/aft. I dont like that area of the ship for balconys, period