Summit - new ‘Infusion’ Bar

WB57

Happy New Year all!

I understand that Summit (and Infinity I believe) is testing out a new bar called Infusion. As I was a big fan of the Molecular/World Bar on the other ships, can a recent Summit traveler comment on this new Bar. Hours of operation...menu pics...etc...

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Infusion bar is amazing, very much like the World Class bar on the S ships. Hours are 5:30-10:30 PM located on deck 5 in the same area as the Gelateria across from cafe Bacio.

All cocktails are $15, so if you have the premium package it will cost you $2.36 per drink. Completely worth the upcharge. All cocktails are made with fresh ingredients, the bartender prepares all the ingredients daily, As of the Dec 30th sailing there was one Bartender, Filippe excellent bartender, nice guy.

I think there are 9 cocktails, the menu is shown on a tv screen sitting on the bar, no printed menu yet. I'll try to upload some photos.

How nice. Add another specialty bar but with drinks that are over the premium package limit. Another way to squeeze out a few more dollars.

Can see where this will be the new Modern Luxury for other bars.

Drink up 🍷🍸🍹🍺🍾🍻🥂

How nice. Add another specialty bar but with drinks that are over the premium package limit. Another way to squeeze out a few more dollars.

Drink up [emoji485][emoji483][emoji484][emoji481][emoji898][emoji482]🥂

So go drink at the Martini Bar where all the drinks are included. What did they take away?

Normally we hear complaints about them taking stuff away. Here they ADDED a new, GREAT Feature and your upset it's not free?

They added bigger cabins on Edge, should those be free too for anyone who bought a regular balcony?

Ugh.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drink up 🍷🍸🍹🍺🍾🍻🥂

So go drink at the Martini Bar where all the drinks are included. What did they take away?

Normally we hear complaints about them taking stuff away. Here they ADDED a new, GREAT Feature and your upset it's not free?

They added bigger cabins on Edge, should those be free too for anyone who bought a regular balcony?

Ugh.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My 1st thought was great..........might open up more seats in the Martini Bar. I did see two drinks that looked interesting they are Shark Bite and Pineapple Ginger Mojito. On this board people talk about having problems on how to spend OBC. Celebrity is just helping those people with spending problems. So I can get a nice drink for under $3.00.:confused:

Ugh.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My 1st thought was great..........might open up more seats in the Martini Bar. I did see two drinks that looked interesting they are Shark Bite and Pineapple Ginger Mojito. On this board people talk about having problems on how to spend OBC. Celebrity is just helping those people with spending problems. So I can get a nice drink for under $3.00.[emoji782]

Love that Ginger Mojito!

I tried them all [emoji1]

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the Summit last week and tried the Jalapeño margarita, Smoking Scottish and Smoking Indian. I didn't think they were worth the up charge from the premium package. They are very similar to the Blu restaurant cocktails, all of which I tried, none of which were more than $13, and none of which were particularly tasty to me. I realize taste is subjective, so perhaps some of you will like these. However, I suspect these are as much a test of a new menu item as they are a test of passengers' willingness to pay more when they already have a premium drink package. I enjoy a craft cocktail, and I'll pay for it as well, but these didn't hit the mark to me. The gin and rose petal one got high reviews from other cruisers at the bar at the gelateria, but I'm not one for such sweet, creamy drinks.

I was on the Summit last week and tried the Jalapeño margarita, Smoking Scottish and Smoking Indian. I didn't think they were worth the up charge from the premium package. They are very similar to the Blu restaurant cocktails, all of which I tried, none of which were more than $13, and none of which were particularly tasty to me. I realize taste is subjective, so perhaps some of you will like these. However, I suspect these are as much a test of a new menu item as they are a test of passengers' willingness to pay more when they already have a premium drink package. I enjoy a craft cocktail, and I'll pay for it as well, but these didn't hit the mark to me. The gin and rose petal one got high reviews from other cruisers at the bar at the gelateria, but I'm not one for such sweet, creamy drinks.

They're definitely not infusing alcohol and using freshly made ingredients at the level they are at this bar in blue. As far as taste goes, of course it's subjective.

It's great to have choices!

Happy sailing.

Jenna

They're definitely not infusing alcohol and using freshly made ingredients at the level they are at this bar in blue. As far as taste goes, of course it's subjective.

It's great to have choices!

Happy sailing.

Jenna

I completely agree. I was excited to see these interesting recipes onboard. I LOVE to try new things. I hope you like them!

060bd6d2a8af8bddf9f0b645982121f4.jpeg

93f9c418c51fb6cb0145b7782c56d1c8.jpg

cd3e3ea2f3a616e88daf758897d52b08.jpeg

And some drink shots:

db1453141ad00f5c64faa8f07447baea.jpg

The Chameleon:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thank you for the info (and associated pics) Jenna. Menu sounds enticing. I am looking forward to trying these in August!

Cheers...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Infusion bar is amazing, very much like the World Class bar on the S ships. Hours are 5:30-10:30 PM located on deck 5 in the same area as the Gelateria across from cafe Bacio.

All cocktails are $15, so if you have the premium package it will cost you $2.36 per drink. Completely worth the upcharge. All cocktails are made with fresh ingredients, the bartender prepares all the ingredients daily, As of the Dec 30th sailing there was one Bartender, Filippe excellent bartender, nice guy.

I think there are 9 cocktails, the menu is shown on a tv screen sitting on the bar, no printed menu yet. I'll try to upload some photos.

The bar and all in it look great, thanks for sharing. But am I the only one slightly annoyed that a premium package won't cover it? I know you get a great discount, but still...

Don’t know if these are the same drinks that are on the Infinity but at that bar the drinks are $12

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2574334

Drink up 🍺🍹🍷🍸🍾🥂🥃🍻

On the Dec 12th Summit sailing they were $13 they increased to $15 on the Dec 23rd sailing. I don't know if the price increased on Infinity as well. The great thing is, this is an extra bar option it takes nothing away from any other bar,( the gelato is still there.) If you don't want to pay the uncharge no need to, just skip this bar....if you are curious it's a small charge to try something different

Last year on Silhouette we discovered the World Class Bar is sponsored by Diageo and they carry Dieago products. That means the only bourbon at this bar is Bulleit. Since my husband drinks Bookers, Knob Creek or Makers Mark .... he had to go get a drink elsewhere and meet me in the WCB. After the second visit... it really was just easier for both of us to visit another bar. I imagine this bar is the same as I see Bulleit as their preferred bourbon. It's cool to see the drinks being made and they are tasty, but we are just simple folks from Kentucky and enjoy our bourbon on ice...we don't need it fire! LOL