Premium drink package removed from Mini cruises

Ok,

So just rang RCI to pay my final balance for our cruise and to also pay for a beverage drink package only to be told that RCI have now stopped selling drink packages on Mini cruises - sure enough I can only see a water package available to purchase online.

What on earth!! Booked this cruise as part of our mine and my husbands 30th wedding anniversary (party of 14 onboard) some have purchased the beverage package already and some (like me) haven't.

Was told you cant even buy them onboard.

Such a shame :(

I suspect following the actions in May of some on board ( some were removed from the ship before we even set sail from Southampton, and others were removed from the ship by the French authorities in Le Havre due to excessive drinking and violent behavior)...that RCI have rethought their marketing strategy for these short cruises.

They were turning into Booze Cruises and were attracting the Stag and Hen parties.

I'm afraid that everyone on board is now effected by the actions of a few.....

ps: you must have been a child bride! No way 30 years!!

I suspect following the actions in May of some on board ( some were removed from the ship before we even set sail from Southampton, and others were removed from the ship by the French authorities in Le Havre due to excessive drinking and violent behavior)...that RCI have rethought their marketing strategy for these short cruises.

They were turning into Booze Cruises and were attracting the Stag and Hen parties.

I'm afraid that everyone on board is now effected by the actions of a few.....

ps: you must have been a child bride! No way 30 years!!

You're too kind :) fyi - married at 19 :)

I was onboard in May - didn't hear about anybody being removed from the ship - think I was too busy watching the royal wedding to notice ;)

You're too kind :) fyi - married at 19 :)

I was onboard in May - didn't hear about anybody being removed from the ship - think I was too busy watching the royal wedding to notice ;)

I was on the May 15th 2n cruise.....

Someone kicked off after 'abusing' staff member at muster!

Others met by the French boys in blue...!

TBH if it was my first cruise then it probably would have been my last. I like a drink along with most people but because of the cost of the drinks package (was it $82pppd?) and my roomie didn't drink very much, we just utilised the DL and the 2 bottles we bought on and I think I actually paid for 1 or 2 drinks on board. Cheapest cruise ever!!!!

Maybe they lose money on UK cruisers who buy the beverage package?

Oh yes indeed they do!

We are sailing from the uk next year on a 3 night taster cruise , does this mean we can't even buy a drinks package onboard , seriously not impressed if that is the case , why should the minority spoil it for the majority ? Makes my blood boil it really does

We are sailing from the uk next year on a 3 night taster cruise , does this mean we can't even buy a drinks package onboard , seriously not impressed if that is the case , why should the minority spoil it for the majority ? Makes my blood boil it really does

Yep, I was told you can’t even purchase onboard [emoji17] idiots onboard have really spoilt it for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a shame that some spoil it for others! It's behaviour like this that has brought the 'all adults in cabin must purchase' back from it being relaxed a few years back! I remember when alcohol packages weren't available on any cruise from the UK including the Transatlantic crossings. On my last crossing, I did a tour and a question was asked about whether Indy had any cells! The response (about midcruise) was yes and they're all full with several more confined to cabin!! I'm now of the thinking that not only does my other half not really drink that much to warrant 2 packages, what with Diamond perks/Lounges etc I'm also well and truly at the 'drinks package fatigue' level ha ha

- and just to think I've always stayed away from P&O because they're full of fellow Brits!! ha ha

Any newbie cruiser - please don't let the minority spoil it for you - you make your cruise what it is!!!!

I remember when the drink packages were first introduced, they were only available on sailings of 4 nights or longer. I'm not sure what the logic was behind that, perhaps to prevent the 3-day "booze cruise" atmosphere. Makes sense. However, I'd be shocked if they went back to that policy. They are obviously a huge money maker. When I was younger, people my age would always sneak liquor onto the 3 day cruises (pre-drink package era) because 3 days of healthy drinking would end up costing more than the entire cruise fare. I think now that the drink packages are available, people don't bother anymore. Which is a huge win for RC.

This is the first time we've cruised with Royal Carribean ( usually use p and o who's drinks are very reasonably priced ) had been reading that drinks are quite expensive on RC so was going to invest in a drinks package but now this option has been taken away from us, I'm not happy, I think an email to head office will be on its way.

Ok,

So just rang RCI to pay my final balance for our cruise and to also pay for a beverage drink package only to be told that RCI have now stopped selling drink packages on Mini cruises - sure enough I can only see a water package available to purchase online.

What on earth!! Booked this cruise as part of our mine and my husbands 30th wedding anniversary (party of 14 onboard) some have purchased the beverage package already and some (like me) haven't.

Was told you cant even buy them onboard.

Such a shame :(

You might want to call again. When I get an answer I don't like from a Royal rep.....I find the second call solves the issue.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

You might want to call again. When I get an answer I don't like from a Royal rep.....I find the second call solves the issue.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Did ring twice and got the same answer from two different agents [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

There is a 3 night charter 12-15 October 80s Festival at Sea out of Southampton. I was considering it but it sounds like (from the FB page I follow for it) that not much sleeping is planned and its all dancing and drinking as so far drinks packages are popular! Cruise is £900 for a balcony and drinks package is on top! :eek: