husband not excited about OV to balcony upgrade

fancruise

My husband is doubtful this was money well spent, but when I realized our Conquest OV on the 2nd floor was over the galley, I hit a sale and was able to upgrade to 7th floor midship balcony for a total of $120 for the cabin.

What do you think? I'm feeling a little sad over my husbands lack of enthusiasm. :(

My husband is doubtful this was money well spent, but when I realized our Conquest OV on the 2nd floor was over the galley, I hit a sale and was able to upgrade to 7th floor midship balcony for a total of $120 for the cabin.

What do you think? I'm feeling a little sad over my husbands lack of enthusiasm. :(

If the cruise is longer than 3 nights, then you got a VERY GOOD deal. Balconies aren't cheap! Congratulations.

If he doesn't show some excitement soon or once in the cabin, tell him he's not allowed to open the door or go outside on the balcony. He can just enjoy it as an ocean view room sitting inside while you're outside enjoying the perks of a balcony!

Great going-now how long is the cruise-a week you got an absolutley FANTASTIC deal, 5 days- a GREAT deal-less than 5 days, well you got away from early morning noise, late night cleaning noise, you got windows you can open, a balcony to step out on-your DH needs to get over it!

I feel excited again...thanks everyone for your encouragement! I think he would love the "balcony club" joining, but not sure I want to be the subject of the "what have you seen/heard your balcony neighbor's doing" thread!:D We'll see.....:rolleyes:

We are on a 7 day cruise leaving April 15th.......3 1/2 weeks. My husband really needs a break from work and I think he will love the sense of being at sea that you get from a balcony.

Sounds like a great deal to me. We had our first balcony last summer. DH was sure he wasn't going to get much out of it....I think I got him hooked. Now everytime I start l looking at pricing for a cruise he wants to know how much more for a balcony. I always start my search by looking a pricing for 2 insides. We started doing 2 rooms starting with our Destiny cruise...we will never go back to 1. The extra bathroom and extra space is priceless. The balcony is luxury we will take in 1 of the rooms if the price is right...for that price I might of done both rooms.

Well my DH would poo-poo it too...he's a cheapo. But, you got a great deal and you will love it...I went balcony on my last cruise and I don't wanna go back...now I'm hooked. And you got a MUCH better location too!!! Enjoy your cruise!

I am about the cheapest person on the planet, but give me a chance to upgrade to a balcony for $125.00 and that is a no brainer!

Archived