Set sail pass discrepency

doretm123

My reservation is in my maiden name as that is the name on my passport but i have added my credit card which is in my married name. I am worried as there will be two signatures on my set sail pass that will be different surnames, one for the cruise ticket contract and one for the on board expense account. This is what it says on the set sail pass that has me concerned `Any discrepancies may result in delayed or denied boarding. Please make sure that the name on all your paperwork is identical to the name on your reservation. All guests listed on the SetSail Pass must be present to board.`

Would it suffice if I take my drivers licence (married name) and marriage certificate to prove I am the same person as on my passport and reservation or do you think this is going to create problems boarding. TIA

As long as you have any photo ID, with your MARRIED name, you should be fine.

When I cruise with my SO, the name on the credit card does not match her name (it is in my name) and never a problem.

I have photo I.D in both names. I will take both. thank you :)

It shouldn't matter so long as you have the card with you for verification when you check in. If your booking and your passport matches, the scrutiny for the card is much lower, especially if your husband is checking in with you with the same last name as the card.

When I cruise with my SO, the name on the credit card does not match her name (it is in my name) and never a problem.

Same with me, but I'm there to sign that line. Not that I think the OP will have a problem as Royal is probably happy to take anyone's credit card, but her situation is a little different.

You might feel better if you selected "cash account" while doing your online check-in, gave a minimal amount (maybe $200?) when actually checking in, then going to Guest Services with your credit card on Day 2, when the lines are not so long.

I think that's a good idea, except it's not required to give any cash. Royal lets guests charge up to $500 before they ask for the account to be paid down.

I think that's a good idea, except it's not required to give any cash. Royal lets guests charge up to $500 before they ask for the account to be paid down.

I wasn't aware of that, thank you. I will be with a newbie on my next cruise, as my SO died unexpectedly shortly after our last cruise. Lots of things will be different, probably things I should know or remember but haven't paid attention to for a few years. So, I can use my credit card for my charges and my cruise partner can select "cash" and just go to Guest Services later? If I decide to put both of us on my credit card and settle it between us later, will the charges be separated so we know how much each of us owes?

I wasn't aware of that, thank you. I will be with a newbie on my next cruise, as my SO died unexpectedly shortly after our last cruise. Lots of things will be different, probably things I should know or remember but haven't paid attention to for a few years. So, I can use my credit card for my charges and my cruise partner can select "cash" and just go to Guest Services later? If I decide to put both of us on my credit card and settle it between us later, will the charges be separated so we know how much each of us owes?

Yes, you can have totally different onboard account options than your roommate. As far as if you combine accounts and settle up later, that may be harder. I do the same thing with my wife, and we get one bill at the end of the cruise. There may be a column on the bill that may identify the guest who made the charge, but that escapes me at the moment. It might be easier to let your roommate have a cash account, and then pay that off with your credit card on the last day. That way you know exactly which charges are allocated to the roommate.

Not sure that is always followed. My cash account (with $80 in OBC) was locked. Couldn't even log in and access my complimentary internet until I visited guest services. Reason given for the lock - I had a cash account.

Yes, you can have totally different onboard account options than your roommate. As far as if you combine accounts and settle up later, that may be harder. I do the same thing with my wife, and we get one bill at the end of the cruise. There may be a column on the bill that may identify the guest who made the charge, but that escapes me at the moment. It might be easier to let your roommate have a cash account, and then pay that off with your credit card on the last day. That way you know exactly which charges are allocated to the roommate.

That would also work, thank you. Looks like we will be braving the lines at GS the last day no matter how we take care of it.

Not sure that is always followed. My cash account (with $80 in OBC) was locked. Couldn't even log in and access my complimentary internet until I visited guest services. Reason given for the lock - I had a cash account.

Did you have to give them money to unlock your account?

My husband has a first legal name he never uses, he goes by his second name every, so when we book a cruise his Legal name we have to use on the cruise documents, and his name on his credit card never matches. We have never had a problem, they never even really look at the name on credit card, so I would not worry about it.

To be safe you can take a certified copy of the marriage license. That's what we did for our first cruise after getting married (we hyphenated our last names). Passports were in original name, other documents were in the married name, they asked to see proof of name change, glanced at the marriage license, and said all was good.

Looks like we will be braving the lines at GS the last day no matter how we take care of it.

No need for any of this runaround, and no need for visiting Guest Services.

Simply sign up for two different accounts with two different methods of payment when you're doing your online check-in.

Just because you're in the same room does NOT mean your charges have to be done together.

You do your online check-in with your info and credit card for your account. Then your companion does his online check-in with his info and his credit card for his account. Items charged with your SeaPass get charged to your account. Items charged with his SeaPass get charged to his account. At the end of the cruise, they charge your balance to your credit card and his balance to his credit card.

It's not rocket science, people!

To be safe you can take a certified copy of the marriage license. That's what we did for our first cruise after getting married (we hyphenated our last names). Passports were in original name, other documents were in the married name, they asked to see proof of name change, glanced at the marriage license, and said all was good.

good advice. I'll do that ☺

Edited by Host Clarea