Bringing your own fishing gear to GSC??

jdvmd

Last week, my husband and I were on Princess Cay and he commented he wish he had a fishing pole.

We will be in Great Stirrup Cay in a few weeks and while looking through Black Friday ads this morning, I came across a portable fishing pole at Tuesday Morning.

Would he be able to use this at GSC? Fishing license needed?

Last week, my husband and I were on Princess Cay and he commented he wish he had a fishing pole.

We will be in Great Stirrup Cay in a few weeks and while looking through Black Friday ads this morning, I came across a portable fishing pole at Tuesday Morning.

That's a great idea.. Don't forget to bring your catch to the ships Galley. I'm sure the chef would love to cook it up for you..

This would be catch and release. Why do you say it's "not the right setting to consider it?" Have been to GSC numerous times and know there are spots that it would not interfere with any other cruisers? Is that what you meant?

Yes, I meant someone possibly get tangled in the line or injured with hooks.

Honestly if it was permitted I think the cruise line would rent gear. They don't miss a chance to make a buck. To me a private island/beach doesn't seem like the right setting for fishing, but just my view.

Fishing's more than a pole.

What about hook's plier's and a fishing knife to cut the line?? :evilsmile:

Yes, I meant someone possibly get tangled in the line or injured with hooks.

Honestly if it was permitted I think the cruise line would rent gear. They don't miss a chance to make a buck. To me a private island/beach doesn't seem like the right setting for fishing, but just my view.

Thanks for the explantion.

Sure, but typically you want backups of everything in case of a snag. Plus pliers at a minimum, in case it's needed to extract a hook.

Yep. That's what DH took with him to the ER and the doctor used it to extract one of those six prong hooks from his arm.

Just got off the Breakaway and first stop was port canavral and right around the corner was a store filled w/ fishing item. If PC was one of your stops, you can pick up some bait. :D But GSC was canceled. Fish from your balcony...or a whale...*coughs* buffet line.

Have fished GSC while on Breakaway cruise on 3 different occasions. Purchased collapsible fishing pole with reel on Amazon for very reasonable price. Brought along a small tacklebox with assorted lures. On GSC, head to the Lagoon and then walk over the bluff to the water. Excellent fishing with no interruption. It is legal under Bahamian Law and I usually fish in Nassau on the last concrete pier off Junkanoo Beach also. Fished at Jetty Park at Port Canaveral prior to GSC stop as well. No license required there as well as long as you were on the pier or the long walkway to the pier.

Edited by razor7_us