Anyone booked any of the new 2020 cruises ?

Host Hattie

So excited to see new dates but no QE for summer 2020 [emoji30]. What's up with that?? It shows Alaska in June. Then still Alaska in September. It will then head to do Japan/Australia trips. I heard it was going to be staying down under then.

What about summer 2020 [emoji37][emoji15][emoji30]. Fingers crossed it does Alaska for summer2020 but nothing listed yet. It will be my big 50. I would love to check Alaska off my bucket list on my favorite ship [emoji7][emoji7]. Wondering when they will put it out??

We've done Norway/Baltic multiple times. Trip booked for Iceland this summer [emoji41].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have picked one, but I am not going to wait until I am on QM2 before booking anything.

Ditto Lanky,

We too have one being considered being sort of not to long because of personally reasons related to a family member's health.

But we miss the old fashion days like when we were on the QE2 with Caribbean Cruises were being offered other then the now a days during November, December or World Cruise.

Wish they would consider bring back the old types of cruise lineup.

QM 2 void between 11/1, Hamburg, and 11/28, S'ampton.

DRY-DOCK??

The gap from November 6 to November 28 in QM2's schedule is indeed most probably her 2020 drydock.

The gap from November 1 to November 6 was originally listed as a 5-day "Hamburg, Stavanger, Oslo, Hamburg" cruise. Similar gaps like that have turned out to be charters from Hamburg (such as several "Stars at Sea" voyages of previous years). That might be what is going on again in 2020 with those early November dates.

Are there rooms at the Hotel Hafen Hamburg where we could watch the QM2 enter the dry dock, before we take a train back to Southampton to meet the Q.V.?

Hi Milkcow

It is possible to specify river view rooms at the Empire Riverside Hotel which is closer to Dry Dock 17 than the hotel you mention. The Skyline 20up bar on the 20th floor of the Empire Riverside is open in the evening and provides panoramic views over the shipyard.

Enjoy your voyage!

Edited by Chornomorets
Typo