How to find if a cruise has a large group booked

Sammie. 1900

Hi, looking at a cruise June 19, 2019, Barcelona to Venice, 9 days Constelation. Celebrity web sight does not show the category C2 vs C3 category price difference. So how does a Captain Club member get the rate difference? Also, is there a place to check if a cruise has a large group booked? It is to far out for this cruise to be so full—out of various categories. Thank you

Hi, looking at a cruise June 19, 2019, Barcelona to Venice, 9 days Constelation. Celebrity web sight does not show the category C2 vs C3 category price difference. So how does a Captain Club member get the rate difference?

Ah, yet another "challenge" presented by the wonderful Celebrity web site.

I hope you sent them a feedback message about this deficiency.

The deck plans from just about any other source will identify the cabin categories, but for some reason Celebrity's own deck plans fail to do so.

In the meantime, you can use a workaround by looking at the deck plan on any other website that actually identifies the categories of the various staterooms, such as travel agency websites.

We are not allowed to post links to TA websites here, but I think this link should be acceptable:

Celebrity Constellation deck 8 plan

Once you know which cabins are C2 and which are C3, you can look up specific cabin numbers on the Celebrity website to see their prices.

Or you could call Celebrity or call a TA and ask them to look it up for you (but there is no challenge that way). ;p

It would be nice if Celebrity would just show us a list of all the stateroom categories with the prices for each, instead of making us go clicking through all those screens.

But if there is a simple way to do something and a complicated way, we know which one the Celebrity website designers will always pick.

Edited by varoo

Hi, looking at a cruise June 19, 2019, Barcelona to Venice, 9 days Constelation. Celebrity web sight does not show the category C2 vs C3 category price difference. So how does a Captain Club member get the rate difference? Also, is there a place to check if a cruise has a large group booked? It is to far out for this cruise to be so full—out of various categories. Thank you

Go to the U.K. website it shows all three category prices, you would then need to convert but it would give you an idea...

Be aware that Celebrity has been playing games with Concierge cabins on most all cruises in/out of Venice. Almost all show that only a C2 guarantee cabin is available (no specific cabins), although there are many C3's available on most ships. I asked about this and was told something along the lines that they are holding C2's in case they have a large group or family and that if I booked with them, they would be able to free up a C2 for me on B2B cruises out of that pool. My guess is that they are trying some new approach to increasing revenue...or they've found that the one class upgrade is not helping the bottom line so they are making it impossible to do the upgrade for Concierge cabins.

BTW...the difference between C2 and C3 cabins is generally less than $100 pp. The big jump is to C1's.

There is no foolproof or efficient way to determine if there is a large group booked on your cruise.

You can try to Google your ship name and and cruise date and you might find reference to some group selling space on your cruise, but not seeing any group listed doesn’t mean there isn’t one. It could be a closed group, like a family or a corporation, might still be there when you arrive on board. Or it could be a foreign group that would appear in a US based Google search. (For instance, onEclipse last year there were 500 German clients of one travel agency, there was a Harley-Davidson club,and there was a huge family reunion, all at the same time.)

Be aware that Celebrity has been playing games with Concierge cabins on most all cruises in/out of Venice. Almost all show that only a C2 guarantee cabin is available (no specific cabins), although there are many C3's available on most ships. I asked about this and was told something along the lines that they are holding C2's in case they have a large group or family and that if I booked with them, they would be able to free up a C2 for me on B2B cruises out of that pool. My guess is that they are trying some new approach to increasing revenue...or they've found that the one class upgrade is not helping the bottom line so they are making it impossible to do the upgrade for Concierge cabins.

BTW...the difference between C2 and C3 cabins is generally less than $100 pp. The big jump is to C1's.

I think that’s exactly what they are doing on the more sought after itineraries such as the one you have mentioned from Venice.

I think that’s exactly what they are doing on the more sought after itineraries such as the one you have mentioned from Venice.

Does the UK website not show exactly which cabins are available? I know the US one seems to hide some inventory.

Just for clarification..it's not just one cruise from Venice...it's all the Infinity and at least two of the Constellation cruises to/from Venice.

Try clicking on one you are interested in and then contacting the agency booking it?

Yes, I think that is all you can do. I’ve not found another way of finding this information except for some really informed people on the roll call. I don’t know how, but sometimes, they know these kinds of things.

Ps ... we were on a couple of group cruises before, one of which we felt completely out of place.

The other was a biker cruise ... what a fun group they ended up being!

We were part of a couple of group cruises before ... it was sponsored by a chef or winery. Thy did close off some of the public areas for us at certain times but the groups only cocnisted of a hundred people or so ... so don’t really think any of th either passengers noticed.