Noise

famreynoso

Nope I've been under the galley, by the elevators (actually prefer this location) etc so far no noise problems. Occasionally I'll hear a scrape or a thump but by far the only noise I ever heard that was an issue has been from the hall when people were partying out there and that's what security is for. I do bring along a small fan though so maybe that helps with any noise issues.

Think I may try leaving the fan at home this trip though.

Any bad experiences with noise due to your room location? Above the main theatre etc.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

We have had problems on the main or Riviera decks when people would return to their rooms late at night talking loud, laughing, even after they are in their rooms. Very inconsiderate.

I had a room that was very noisy. It seemed to be along a corridor used by staff that ran along side our room. I could hear banging and carts rolling through. After the 3rd night of no sleep I finally asked to be moved and they did find another room for us.

I am not very sensitive to such, but I have never had a problem with noise on the boat. This may be my schedule though, I stayed in a cabin last cruise that someone else said was terrible for the noise from the band in the atrium and I said, that is strange, I never heard it. Then I realized I was never in the room between dinner and midnight even once.

I had a room that was very noisy. It seemed to be along a corridor used by staff that ran along side our room. I could hear banging and carts rolling through. After the 3rd night of no sleep I finally asked to be moved and they did find another room for us.

Good to know, incase we need to request the same, thanks

We have had problems on the main or Riviera decks when people would return to their rooms late at night talking loud, laughing, even after they are in their rooms. Very inconsiderate.

Most of our issues with noise is from inconsiderate people. Never is it appropriate to yell down the hall but at 3 AM it i really annoying. Slamming balcony door.

Once we booked a stateroom across from a crew access door. Heard the carts but not really a bother. Another time we were next door to the stewards closet. Noise early in the morning but we are early risers no matter how late we stay up the night before.

this year on the breeze we had a cove balcony room right under the galley. It was ok at first and then by the second day it sounded like somebody was rolling carts and bowling balls at the same time. By the third nite I did complain. They gave us a credit and we stayed in the room. I love the balcony and watching the flying fish and so close to the water. Next time I will not pick under the galley.. lesson learned... room 2437 beware of loud sounds early in the morn.. the rest of the day is fine....

I've had two rooms where noise was an issue, but I could have avoided both by checking in advance where my room was in relation to other spaces on the ship.

On the Legend, my room was right above the piano bar, and the music continued well into the wee hours. Usually that wouldn't have bothered me because I'm usually out and about on the ship late myself, but with an Alaska itinerary and early excursions, I went to bed unusually early all week.

The second and by far worse location was under the weightlifting area in the gym on the Dream. People would drop weights from early morning to late at night, rattling my walls and ceiling. Even after the gym closed to guests, staff would use the gym for several hours, so the noise continued. After several complaints to guest services, the after hours noise was curtailed, though, so I wasn't too upset.

I haven't had a "bad" cabin, but then again I am very selective on where I will stay. I like down low and aft. There is a lot of noise but it's constant. The vibration and sounds drown out rowdy people in the hallway but it isn't for everyone. I have to put the TV pretty loud to hear it most nights. We have been in 2470 on Glory and Conquest, and 1452 and 1456 on Glory. All equally as loud and wonderful IMHO. But if you need it quiet with no vibration, or you get seasick easily, avoid the aft. You will be miserable.

After 6 cruises in those cabins I can tell you that you will hear a lot of noise and have vibrations the majority of the time, and not just when docking. Other people have reported it wasn't that bad, or maybe only for a night or two and I'm here to tell you that that is the exception, not the rule. I would say that out of all the nights in those cabins, 37 in all, maybe 3-4 nights total were quiet. I know for sure because I am sad when it is. I like the noise!

My MIL had 6400 on the Conquest and it was right above the disco. They weren't happy. Not so much for the sound, but for the thumping from the bass that could be felt while in bed.

9270 on Liberty was great except for at night when the band was playing in the Atrium. It travelled up and went on until about midnight. The kids were little so we usually went to bed before then. It was annoying.

It just depends on how sensitive you are to noise and your sleep habits. I cruise solo and go as cheap as I can on cabins due to paying double, so a lot of times the cabins are not in the most desirable locations.

One cabin was an ocean view aft, and right across hall from supply closet for deck...every morning it was busy and noisy outside my door, but I get up early so no big deal.

Another cabin outside port hole forward, cabin was triangle shaped, that's how forward it was. I think the anchor was in the room next to me. LOL I heard it ever morning we docked in port...but again I get up early.

Another interior aft, the thrusters ( I guess) were loud and rattled the cabin every time we entered port noticeable in the mornings, but again I was up or used it as my own personal alarm clock.

The only cabin I had that was just to much to deal with was located mid ship and on a center hall, one of those upper lower cabins, the problem was not the location or the ship. The problem was absentee parents, children running the halls at 3 and 4 in the morning. I have stayed in same cabin on another cruise on same ship and had no problems.

Edited by uncleg

Any bad experiences with noise due to your room location? Above the main theatre etc.

Our room on the Triumph was directly above the theater and we could hear noise from the shows, but it wasn't too bad. Luckily the shows were over before we were ready for bed. I would stay in that room again.

People should quit complaining about noise and bring a white noise machine or white noise App for their IPhone . Makes all the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hate that term "white noise" as the generators aren't making "white noise". If you've heard that, you'd not want to constantly hear it. They really generate "pink noise", but nonetheless a set of earplugs is an easy fix too and work wonders if the OP is worried about late night/early morning noises.

We prefer locations near the elevators. Use the steps when going up or down a few floors and the elevator if going all the way up or down. I've never heard any noise from other people but Ambien and earplugs work wonders!

The one exception was on the Sunshine, Lido Deck and when there were parties in the Atrium (nobody can throw a party like Jamie Dee), we would hear the music. Never late at night and never bothersome to us, but I know some on here would be majorly bothered by it.

I hate that term "white noise" as the generators aren't making "white noise". If you've heard that, you'd not want to constantly hear it. They really generate "pink noise", but nonetheless a set of earplugs is an easy fix too and work wonders if the OP is worried about late night/early morning noises.

Isn't it a lot easier just to,pick a cabin in a quiet location?