Best Haven

gmbhardy

Epic

By far. I've written this out a few times but basically the Epic Haven has half the guests and it's bigger! It has 3 bars (lobby, POSH and off the courtyard) the other ships have one lobby bar. With more people.

The Epic has POSH which is a very large outdoor sundeck with it's own bar. There's plenty of seating for all Haven guests. The other Haven's I've been on have an upper sundeck that seats probably 20-25. There's not nearly enough seats and chair hogging is very real. There is no need for chair hogging on the epic with less passengers and a much, much larger space. Then my major pet peeve about the Haven on the other newer ships is that the one and only smoking area for the entire Haven is on that tiny sundeck. I told you already how it's over crowded, now add in the smoking area. It is separated sort of by a glass partition but not adequate at all.

Then drink service is slow in the other Haven ships. With one bar that means the drink servers have to make there way down 2 decks from the upper sundeck to get your drink in the Haven bar. In POSH on the Epic there are several bars and on every level. The bar servers aren't going far to serve.

Then I like that the Epic Haven doesn't have the enclosed, retractable roof. In theory that sounds nice but the retractable frame is all metal and glass and the noise bounces all over the courtyard. It's echo'y. If you get even a couple of well behaved kids in the pool, the noise bounces all over the courtyard from all the metal and glass.

For those of you that say the Epic looking at the videos/pics of the proposed haven on the upcoming Bliss would you change your mind and say Bliss?? It does have the retractable roof but has much more sundeck area and huge lounge etc. Would love your thoughts. We are currently trying to decide which ship we should sail next winter for our eastern Caribbean.

Thank you!