Adventure of the Seas Balcony vs Jr. Suite??

Natmar

Need quick advice on the Adventure of the Seas is it worth the extra $1300 to book a Jr. Suite instead of a regular balcony cabin for 3 adults (dad, mom and 21 yr old daughter)?

If this is a 7-day cruise, then it would not be worth that much of an increase in price to us.

Double Crown & Anchor points for a suite.

The one Junior Suite we've done was our honeymoon back in '06, and coincidentally it was on Adventure of the Seas. If I recall correctly, in that one could take a bath, rather than having showering as the sole bathing option. From what I've heard from a couple of women, IIRC, some women prefer a bath over a shower. Sounds like you'll have at least 2 women in the room; see if that matters to them.

Richard.

There is a tub in the JS...but it also has a shower head, so it's a 2 in 1 thing. Makes it larger than a standard bath/shower. There is a HUGE walk-in closet, too. I wouldn't put 3 in any cabin, unless it was a multi-room suite, but many do. I'd go for the JS with 3.

With 3 people having to stow clothes and luggage, having the walk in closet would be nice. We get all of our suitcases under the bed, but there definitely isn't room for a couple more. In a standard room, they are going to be out in the way all the time, and the extra bed has to be pulled out each night. As others have said, with 3 in the room, if you can afford it, you'll enjoy the space--and you do get double points so if you're interested in building status, that's a help.

$1300 is quite high if only 7 days.

What would it cost to get an inside room? The balcony size difference between an Ocean View Balcony and Junior Suite on Adventure is only 4 sq ft. An inside room that one of you only sleeps in gives you that much more storage room, plus a second bathroom for the mornings.

The deck plans we're looking at show junior suite balcony is 75 sq. feet; the regular balcony is 51 sq. feet. The regular balcony room is 164 sq. feet, and the junior suite room is 264 sq. feet (and it has the walk in closet that would make life better, in my opinion). There is also a "spacious balcony" that has 179 sq. feet, and its balcony is 52 square feet.

It's definitely possible that booking a cheap inside would solve a lot of space problems for your group at a lesser cost than upgrading to junior suite where the three of you would still have only one bathroom and would need the bed pulled out each night.

I was just going by what they show in the booking system. Who knows how accurate it is ... RCI as I've learned from another here has earned its nickname of "Really Consistently Inconsistent".

I think the JS balcony size int he photo is a mistake. The JS balcony is just as deep as the one on a D/E category, but is significantly wider.