Luggage

Cruiser3132526

It doesn't have to be checked if that 28" is the height when standing up. You need to measure the bag when it is lying flat. The only measurements that matter at that point are the new height(depth when standing) and the width. It can be no more than 16" H x 24" W when lying down. Length is not a factor. Those dimensions will fit through the security scanners.

You will likely encounter port emoloyees that will try to insist that you have to check it. Just bring a copy of the luggage help page with the allowed dimensions highlighted and stand firm when they try to sway you.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373/~/embarkation---luggage-information

Also, the number of bags mentioned in this link are just suggestions.

This is my first cruise and I am trying to wrap my head around the luggage issue. I have a 28" bag. Can that be checked or do I need to get smaller luggage? TIA

Cruise lines are not like the airport. You can bring pretty much any size luggage that you can handle.

Wow are you cruising for a month? That is a HUGE bag LOL

Hand that baby off to the porters and go enjoy your lunch on board. Just remember not to pack valuables, and medications in there, you need to carry that stuff on in a tote bag or backpack.

A good rule of thumb to follow: Lay out all the clothes you are planning on packing, remove HALF of that and leave it a home and double the amount of money you were planning on taking.;)

A good rule of thumb to follow: Lay out all the clothes you are planning on packing, remove HALF of that and leave it a home and double the amount of money you were planning on taking.;)

If I followed that method, I wouldn't have enough shirts to get me through the cruise. I wear t-shirts and jeans. I bring one t-shirt per day(I sweat) and one pair of jeans for every three days.

If I followed that method, I wouldn't have enough shirts to get me through the cruise. I wear t-shirts and jeans. I bring one t-shirt per day(I sweat) and one pair of jeans for every three days.

Agreed. Depending on the time of year, I sometimes need to change more than once a day because of sweat, sunscreen, beach, etc. 28 inch luggage is not that big, especially if you're packing for 2 people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We drive to the ports so how many bags we take doesn't matter.:D:D and we normally take cruises of at least 7 days (plus 2 hotel nights coming and going).

For the 2 of us - In the winter we normally take the 28" suitcase, a 22' and a rolling tote bag as our carry-on.

For warm weather we take 2 22" suitcases and the tote. Cold weather clothes take up more room :D

We always check the suitcases and keep the tote bag with us.

I pack a day outfit and a casual dinner outfit for each day of the cruise plus all the sundry items needed for a week. If we don't wear all of them it's no big deal.

The luggage fits nicely under the bed. We leave one suitcase open and use it for dirty clothes sliding it in and out like a drawer during the cruise.

Edited by summersigh
spacing

This is my first cruise and I am trying to wrap my head around the luggage issue. I have a 28" bag. Can that be checked or do I need to get smaller luggage? TIA

If you bring a large bag that will need to be checked, carry a smaller one that contains meds, maybe a swim suit and your evening clothes and cosmetics, in case your luggage is late getting to your room.

I have learned to underpack and never feel I have enough stuff. My sister overpacks and has enough clothes for a Gilligan's Island tour.

If you bring a large bag that will need to be checked, carry a smaller one that contains meds, maybe a swim suit and your evening clothes and cosmetics, in case your luggage is late getting to your room.

I have learned to underpack and never feel I have enough stuff. My sister overpacks and has enough clothes for a Gilligan's Island tour.

She/he doesn't have to check that bag if that 28" is only the height when the bag is standing. The bag is supposed to be measured lying down. The height when standing becomes the length when lying down. Length is not a factor.

I feel sorry for the poster. All she wanted to know if the 28 bag can be checked and all she needs to know is that the bag can be checked.

She does not need to know that you measure laying down, or standing up. She did not ask how to carry the bag on. She does not need to know that a person, had a bag damaged (like anyone that travels should know that airlines/cruises/trains can damage luggage).

Yes, you can check your bag!!!!!!

I feel sorry for the poster. All she wanted to know if the 28 bag can be checked and all she needs to know is that the bag can be checked.

She does not need to know that you measure laying down, or standing up. She did not ask how to carry the bag on. She does not need to know that a person, had a bag damaged (like anyone that travels should know that airlines/cruises/trains can damage luggage).

Yes, you can check your bag!!!!!!

She is a new cruiser and in addition to getting her question answered she got some more info. See nothing wrong with that.