Amsterdam drydock and bathroom "refresh"

While the Amsterdam is is drydock (currently) - I know that the rooms being converted to Lanais on Lower Promenade will get all new bathrooms with walk-in showers and glass doors like other ships in the fleet have received.

Does anyone know if ALL bathrooms will get new wall panels, floors and counters (like those on the Rotterdam, etc have gotten), even if they retain their original tubs/showers, or will it only be a select few?

If for example I knew that my current category "E" room on Dolphin Deck would retain it's original bath decor, but a Category D or C on another deck would get a bath refresh, even if keeping the tub, I'd pay more to move up. However if ALL rooms get the new bath decor I'll stay where I am and save a few $$$

One of the stories I heard was that the shower replacements were only going to be between the forward and rear elevators (so not the far forward or far aft cabins). However, I never heard anything first-hand from someone who would really know.

Any idea of the room #s of the rooms having tubs removed? Will the other bathroom units be updated?

Ideal for us would be a refreshed bathroom with the tub/shower remaining. The shower only units are beautiful, but I am traveling with my mother and the opaque curtain of the tub unit allows us to both to be in the bathroom at the same time. One at sink, one in shower, if needs be.

Hello! We have our very first cruise coming up at the end of July to Alaska. We are booked on the Amsterdam and received the following notice about our cabin:

This is to advise guests who've booked Ocean-view staterooms on board Amsterdam that during the April 2018 dry dock, the bathrooms in the below staterooms will be updated to a shower-only configuration:

Lower Promenade Deck: CA3332 - CA3363, D3330 - D3368.

Main Deck: C2564 - C2647.

Please note, this change does not affect all Ocean-view staterooms, only the

specific staterooms noted above.

Hello! We have our very first cruise coming up at the end of July to Alaska. We are booked on the Amsterdam and received the following notice about our cabin:

This is to advise guests who've booked Ocean-view staterooms on board Amsterdam that during the April 2018 dry dock, the bathrooms in the below staterooms will be updated to a shower-only configuration:

Thank you SO much for posting. Although I would love an updated bathroom, I am relieved my cabin on a upcoming longer cruise is not affected. I am a tub person!

Many thanks for the update as to which oceanview rooms will be come shower only with the full bathroom refresh package. It will be interesting to see if any bathrooms outside of those listed get updated with new wall panels, flooring, counters, etc or if they stay in their dated, tired pinkish-tan original scheme.

Have not been on R class ship for several years. Was recently on the Noordam. Any ideas how the buffet area will compare after Dry dock. Will it have the same station as the Noordam? If not what is missing?

Suites are getting shower only replacing the old bathtub/shower como

harry

Any chance that your info is wrong, pls, pls? Unless they make the showers much larger, We are going to be unhappy on our forthcoming Grand Asia.

Which ships already have the reconfigured shower only configuration, so I can see what they look like.

Go to the site which cannot be named that starts with "Hal" and gives "facts" about the ships. Click on R class and scroll through your class of cabins to look for pictures of the bathrooms.

If the showers are anything like those on the K, they are wonderful.

I just looked at the post May, 2018, descriptions of the Vista Suites, and they describe those cabins as having tub/shower combinations. I did look at the bathroom diagram of the post-drydock Rotterdam, and it appeared to show a big, walk-in shower for the Vista Suites.

BTW, my fingers are crossed, Mame42!

I just looked at the post May, 2018, descriptions of the Vista Suites, and they describe those cabins as having tub/shower combinations. I did look at the bathroom diagram of the post-drydock Rotterdam, and it appeared to show a big, walk-in shower for the Vista Suites.

BTW, my fingers are crossed, Mame42!

Thank you !

By know it is completed

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

sorry I don't understand.. what is completed...the list/ the removal of the bath tubs? I am really interested in if any of the suites had their bath tubs exchanged for a large shower...wishful thinking i am sure!

Go to the site which cannot be named that starts with "Hal" and gives "facts" about the ships. Click on R class and scroll through your class of cabins to look for pictures of the bathrooms.

Tried that but all the pictures of the bathrooms seem to be pre-retrofit. Have tub/shower combo.

Tried that but all the pictures of the bathrooms seem to be pre-retrofit. Have tub/shower combo.

Look for cabins on the sister ships; some will show the upgraded bathrooms. A least that is true for the Lanais.

DaveOKC-

Do above steps (Hal and facts.)

Then go to Pinnacle Class heading.

Then Koningsdam (2016) underneath Pinnacle Class heading.

Then scroll down to Deck 5 - Gershwin cabin 5009

Although there are other cabin listings showing the upgrade, this one gives the best pictures of the upgraded bathrooms.

DaveOKC-

Do above steps (Hal and facts.)

Then go to Pinnacle Class heading.

Then Koningsdam (2016) underneath Pinnacle Class heading.

Then scroll down to Deck 5 - Gershwin cabin 5009

Although there are other cabin listings showing the upgrade, this one gives the best pictures of the upgraded bathrooms.

Looks nice. I hope the Amsterdam Vistas come out as well.

This is just a thought that might be helpful for those who are looking for more information regarding Amsterdam's dry dock and bathroom refresh:

CC members Bill and Mary Ann (WCB), who have just completed the Grand World Voyage on Amsterdam, are currently in Fort Lauderdale awaiting Amsterdam's dry dock completion, at which point they will rejoin the ship, and continue through the Panama Canal on their way home to the San Francisco area. Perhaps, when they are on Amsterdam again in a few days (May 10th is embarkation), anyone who might be interested could pose questions about the renovations.

Here is a link to their thread. I've linked to the last page, because the entire thread is very long:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2578780&page=23

Here is the link to their blog, which has the photos:

http://cruisingwithbillandmaryann.blogspot.com