Summit Deck 2- Really that bad??

MichLeBlanc

We booked a guarantee OV cabin and have been allocated room 2179 (adjoining room with the other couple travelling with us). Is Deck 2 (aft section) really that bad? I would like feedback from other travelers that have stayed on deck 2 of this ship (or any other ship). TIA.

We stayed under that demonstration kitchen a few years ago and outside of an occasional bump or a rolling cart type noise I can't remember it being an issue. Certainly not a daily occurrence. Worst room for noise I can remember was a room under the pool deck. Noise of lounge chairs being slid around above every morning at about 4-5am and the cleaning of the decks before that.

We stayed under that demonstration kitchen a few years ago and outside of an occasional bump or a rolling cart type noise I can't remember it being an issue. Certainly not a daily occurrence. Worst room for noise I can remember was a room under the pool deck. Noise of lounge chairs being slid around above every morning at about 4-5am and the cleaning of the decks before that.

Well that is a little relief to hear. How did you find it being on Deck 2?

Well that is a little relief to hear. How did you find it being on Deck 2?

Well my wife won't let me take the elevators on any of our cruises to help burn those calories up so it was a lot of steps to the pool deck, buffet, and the gym. Otherwise close to everything else in the lower decks.

I have never stayed down there but I would worry about do you have a nice window or just a little port hole window. I would also worry about mechanical noise from all of the engines, generators etc that are below you. Hoping someone can answer those questions for you.

I haven't stayed in this particular cabin, but I have stayed in 2188 (roughly same location on opposite side) and 2137 (same side, closer to mid-ship elevators). No major issues being on deck 2. It's great for when you're coming back on board after being in port, just walk up a flight of stairs to get back to your room. 2188 was a connecting cabin, I was impressed with how quiet it was with having a neighbor next door.

I haven't stayed in this particular cabin, but I have stayed in 2188 (roughly same location on opposite side) and 2137 (same side, closer to mid-ship elevators). No major issues being on deck 2. It's great for when you're coming back on board after being in port, just walk up a flight of stairs to get back to your room. 2188 was a connecting cabin, I was impressed with how quiet it was with having a neighbor next door.

That really is comforting to hear!!! Did you have any issues with noise / roaring from engine or mechanism, etc?

We are not people that spend alot of time in our rooms, except to sleep and get ready and we are usually up and out of our rooms by 8 am. As for the connecting cabin, that won't be an issue for us because it is the other couple that we are travelling with that will be occupying the adjoining room. So all good there!!

Just trying to ease our worries about being on deck 2. Thanks again!!

That really is comforting to hear!!! Did you have any issues with noise / roaring from engine or mechanism, etc?

We are not people that spend alot of time in our rooms, except to sleep and get ready and we are usually up and out of our rooms by 8 am. As for the connecting cabin, that won't be an issue for us because it is the other couple that we are travelling with that will be occupying the adjoining room. So all good there!!

Just trying to ease our worries about being on deck 2. Thanks again!!

In 2137 we did have a small issue with the AC, it was really loud. Stateroom attendant banged on it a couple times and that seemed to have fixed it lol. Being in the engineering field, that’s what we professionals call a “manual calibration” haha

Other than that, never any discernible noise/vibration from the engines or ships equipment. We did notice that it was extremely steady down there when sailing. There was one day that my wife and I were in the room for a bit reading/napping. We barely noticed any movement of the ship. We got on the elevator to go up to the buffet and a woman on the elevator was comparing about how much the ship was moving. My wife and I exchanged bemused glances until we were actually up the buffet and you could definitely feel the ship moving.

Overall, I think you’ll be fine! We enjoyed the cabins on deck 2. Pricing was great too, so we’ll definitely sail in those cabins again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In 2137 we did have a small issue with the AC, it was really loud. Stateroom attendant banged on it a couple times and that seemed to have fixed it lol. Being in the engineering field, that’s what we professionals call a “manual calibration” haha

Other than that, never any discernible noise/vibration from the engines or ships equipment. We did notice that it was extremely steady down there when sailing. There was one day that my wife and I were in the room for a bit reading/napping. We barely noticed any movement of the ship. We got on the elevator to go up to the buffet and a woman on the elevator was comparing about how much the ship was moving. My wife and I exchanged bemused glances until we were actually up the buffet and you could definitely feel the ship moving.

Overall, I think you’ll be fine! We enjoyed the cabins on deck 2. Pricing was great too, so we’ll definitely sail in those cabins again!!

Thanks dadraftsman....we also got a great price in going with OV Guarantee....thanks for your input it's reassuring.

Confirming DadDraftman's view as well. I sailed in Cabin 2172 on the Summit last April. No issues about noise or ship motion. You do get the view of waves coming up almost to you, but it's also really nice view most of the time. Being close to stairs was helpful, especially during disembarkation on port stops.

We booked a guarantee OV cabin and have been allocated room 2179 (adjoining room with the other couple travelling with us). Is Deck 2 (aft section) really that bad? I would like feedback from other travelers that have stayed on deck 2 of this ship (or any other ship). TIA.

We have been in cabin 2077, 2081 and 2085 on the Summit with absolutely no problems. We are on deck 2 again this October. You have nothing to worry about.

We were on the Summit to Bermuda this past spring and we were on Deck 2 or maybe 3 aft and we found it very acceptable. We especially enjoyed it when we returned to the ship plus it was easy to walk up to the common areas. Would choose it again.