Just off the Emerald (California Coastal). Any questions?

Deesquared

Just got home after 10 lovely days on the Emerald. We had mostly great weather, especially for our port days at L.A., San Diego, Santa Barbara, and San Francisco.

I hope to post some photos when I get time, but I'd be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have!

Just got home after 10 lovely days on the Emerald. We had mostly great weather, especially for our port days at L.A., San Diego, Santa Barbara, and San Francisco.

I hope to post some photos when I get time, but I'd be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have!

We're on her in a couple weeks..

Wondering who the Band is, and whether they'll still be aboard in 3 weeks.

And cruise director, same question ..

Did you have a wonderful time? How does the ship look? Any sign of the new cocktail menus and wine lists by chance?

Thanks - hope you had a great trip..

We're on her in a couple weeks..

Wondering who the Band is, and whether they'll still be aboard in 3 weeks.

And cruise director, same question ..

Did you have a wonderful time? How does the ship look? Any sign of the new cocktail menus and wine lists by chance?

Thanks - hope you had a great trip..

The party band is Pinnacle. They played in Club Fusion most nights. There was also DJ Gonzolo Riff for sailaway parties.

CD is Jen Glancey. Nice lady, but not as colourful as P.J. on the Ruby! Entertainment Director is Matt Thompson, who was really fun and friendly.

My mom and I had a great time. She enjoyed listening to singer-pianist Funch at Crooners each night. I enjoyed trivia and karaoke.

The ship looks fine to me. There was often a wet spot on the floor outside of the Explorers Lounge, with drying fans running nearby. Must be a leak somewhere?

I'm not a drinker, so unfortunately I don't know anything about the cocktails and wine lists!:)😊

Ooh, excellent question.

I'll add one more: Are the PrincessConnect plans available, ie Surf, Social, Unlimited? Is Internet upgraded at all?

Thanks!!

Oooohhh...I don't know about that. It doesn't say anything in the Patters, and I didn't purchase any internet plans or such. If I see any reference to it in the Patters, I'll let you know!

Can you tell me who the Captain is, as well as the CD and Maitre D?

Thanks so much. Also, I know this is subjective, but how was the food in the MD?

Captain is Steven Lewis. He always had fun nautical facts at noon announcements.

CD is Jen Glancey. She lost her voice for a couple days, so Entertainment Director Matt Thompson and Amparo took over the Wake Show, and other events.

Maitre d'hotel is Rui Pereira.

We ate at DaVinci and Michelangelo MDR for dinner each night. It's very loud! Nice selection of food each night. The beef dishes were often chewy, but the beef wellington was very good. Presentation was always very nice, but the veggies were pretty bland. Desserts were wonderful! I always felt like the food was as good as you could expect when they are cooking for 3000 each night.

One of my mom's favorites was the night she ordered fried chicken and fries. It was delicious!

The party band is Pinnacle. They played in Club Fusion most nights. There was also DJ Gonzolo Riff for sailaway parties.

CD is Jen Glancey. Nice lady, but not as colourful as P.J. on the Ruby! Entertainment Director is Matt Thompson, who was really fun and friendly.

My mom and I had a great time. She enjoyed listening to singer-pianist Funch at Crooners each night. I enjoyed trivia and karaoke.

The ship looks fine to me. There was often a wet spot on the floor outside of the Explorers Lounge, with drying fans running nearby. Must be a leak somewhere?

I'm not a drinker, so unfortunately I don't know anything about the cocktails and wine lists!:)😊

Thanks so much! Really appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Glad you had a great time..

Club Class is deck 6, mid ship, starboard side.

The Internet is very slow... It requires patience.

On the Emerald in September in Alaska, I enjoyed the Disco production show, and also the I Got the Music in Me production show. These two shows were high energy and the Princess Dancers were fab:). Wow!

Don't miss Captain Lewis's noon announcements! Informative and entertaining.

Enjoy!

Captain is Steven Lewis. He always had fun nautical facts at noon announcements.

CD is Jen Glancey. She lost her voice for a couple days, so Entertainment Director Matt Thompson and Amparo took over the Wake Show, and other events.

Maitre d'hotel is Rui Pereira.

We ate at DaVinci and Michelangelo MDR for dinner each night. It's very loud! Nice selection of food each night. The beef dishes were often chewy, but the beef wellington was very good. Presentation was always very nice, but the veggies were pretty bland. Desserts were wonderful! I always felt like the food was as good as you could expect when they are cooking for 3000 each night.

One of my mom's favorites was the night she ordered fried chicken and fries. It was delicious!

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

My daughter and I were just on the same cruise. I have submitted a review which I hope will be posted soon. We found the ship very crowded. No one ever starved to death on a cruise but we especially enjoyed our dinner in the Crown Grill and went twice to the Saltydog Gastropub. Our favourite place was Vines. Considering everything, I gave the cruise 4 stars. I am annoyed with myself for not getting the name of the best cocktail I had which was made with ginger beer and lime. Got it in Club Fusion and it was really delicious.

My daughter and I were just on the same cruise. I have submitted a review which I hope will be posted soon. We found the ship very crowded. No one ever starved to death on a cruise but we especially enjoyed our dinner in the Crown Grill and went twice to the Saltydog Gastropub. Our favourite place was Vines. Considering everything, I gave the cruise 4 stars. I am annoyed with myself for not getting the name of the best cocktail I had which was made with ginger beer and lime. Got it in Club Fusion and it was really delicious.

The cocktail that you had made with ginger beer and lime, was it called “captains bounty”?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter and I were just on the same cruise. I have submitted a review which I hope will be posted soon. We found the ship very crowded. .

Oh my gosh, it was soooo crowded. We popped into the Princess Theatre for one of the shows, and it was already packed 45 minutes before the show began. We didn't even bother trying to go to any other shows.

The International Cafe was a gong show all the time. People were taking chairs, and dragging them around to make room for 10 people to sit at two small round tables. I even saw people drag a large glass-topped table over to the edge of the Piazza so they could eat their lunch while sitting on the ledge near the stage. :o

Darstamp and Deesquared:

Oh-no! I just booked the Emerald for the So-pacific RT/LA in 2020, choosing her over Island Princess due to all the negative opinions of too many people for the public space after her retrofit.

Aside from the space issue, can I ask what category room and/or deck you two stayed on? We have a midships obstructed oceanview...

We were also on this cruise and can agree with many of the previous comments.

The ship did seem to be very crowded, especially the Atrium area . I love the IC on all of Princess' ships but after 8 a.m. It was pretty hopeless to find a table. There were many large groups on board who seemed to take over the IC and stay for long periods of time. Yes, you did have to be seated in the theatre at least a half hour prior to the show, however I find this the case with all Princess ships. The Explorers Lounge was similar.

Generally entertainment was good but I did not care for the crooner Funch's show in the theatre. Voice of the Ocean show was fun, trivia was generally very good. I found the cruise director Jen to be a bit dull.

Food and service in the MDR was excellent, the buffet was just average and it was pretty hopeless to get a table...we generally had to sit outside which was often chilly. I found afternoon tea to be a bit hectic and felt rushed so we only did it once.

I found it very difficult to find a quiet place to read and relax on board on sea days, many had to resort to sitting in the theatre for some quiet time. Found myself wishing for some quiet Holland America time occasionally!

However all in all it was an enjoyable time and my only regret is that I ate too much!