Question on Changing Ships

seacrystal

I am seeking information on the best way to disembark one ship and board another. We will be disembarking at Ft. Lauderdale from the Coral Princess and boarding the Pacific Princess the same morning. For those of you who have done this, how did you get to the next terminal for boarding? Does Princess provide a shuttle from one ship to another.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

I am seeking information on the best way to disembark one ship and board another. We will be disembarking at Ft. Lauderdale from the Coral Princess and boarding the Pacific Princess the same morning. For those of you who have done this, how did you get to the next terminal for boarding? Does Princess provide a shuttle from one ship to another.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

If both ships are at adjacent piers, for example piers 2 & 4 or both at a mid port pier then just walk over. If one is at the mid port and one at the north port then Princess may have a shuttle or you can just take a cab. The fare has been $10 for an in port transfer.

If both ships are at adjacent piers, for example piers 2 & 4 or both at a mid port pier then just walk over. If one is at the mid port and one at the north port then Princess may have a shuttle or you can just take a cab. The fare has been $10 for an in port transfer.

Thanks for your info. I figured a taxi driver would be miffed at such a short ride and then waiting in the taxi line again. We will have more luggage than usual so it is a matter of logistics.

You can ask at the Purser's desk while onboard Coral if they can put your luggage, or yourselves, or both onto a crew shuttle.

Saturday December 22 is a full house of eight ships at Port Everglades. And since Pacific Princess is returning from a Transatlantic rather than a closed loop cruise there is no basis to put her at the same berth she departed from, nor to offer a shuttle to distant parking areas. Meaning Royal Princess will be at Terminal 2; Terminals 4 and 19 will probably be split among Coral Princess and Carnival Conquest; leaving Pacific Princess likely at Terminal 26. Which though not as bad as exile at Terminal 29, will not be walkable with more than hand luggage.

So just be prepared to flash a big tip at the driver as you tell them how short a ride you only need.

You can ask at the Purser's desk while onboard Coral if they can put your luggage, or yourselves, or both onto a crew shuttle.

Saturday December 22 is a full house of eight ships at Port Everglades. And since Pacific Princess is returning from a Transatlantic rather than a closed loop cruise there is no basis to put her at the same berth she departed from, nor to offer a shuttle to distant parking areas. Meaning Royal Princess will be at Terminal 2; Terminals 4 and 19 will split among Coral Princess and Carnival Conquest; leaving Pacific Princess likely at Terminal 26. Which though not as bad as exile at Terminal 29, will not be walkable with more than hand luggage.

So just be prepared to flash a big tip at the driver as you tell them how short a ride you only need.

Thank you (I think:(). I hadn't checked the ship traffic for that day. We have never boarded under such conditions. My DH is semi-handicapped and that is why I am trying to find help. I will see what begging does for us at the Purser's Desk or if all else fails, wave the "green" flag at the pier.

I remember a couple years ago we were doing a B2B and there were other people waiting with us to get off for the turnaround who were going on a different Princess ship. They got off when we did. We turned around and got back on our ship so I don't know how they were taken to the other ship. So, ask at Customer Service, you may be accomodated.

We will be disembarking at Ft. Lauderdale from the Coral Princess and boarding the Pacific Princess the same morning.

Since the Pacific Princess will be returning from overseas after a long absence from the USA, there will likely be a US Coast Guard inspection of the ship. Usually boarding cannot start until that inspection is over, so be prepared for a wait until you can board the ship. It could be several hours.

I got off the first ship at like 945am went through customs then hopped on to a complimentary shuttle to the other pier. Very easy. By the time I arrived at the second ship they we're already starting check in and didn't have a line.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 9:36 PM, caribill said:

Since the Pacific Princess will be returning from overseas after a long absence from the USA, there will likely be a US Coast Guard inspection of the ship. Usually boarding cannot start until that inspection is over, so be prepared for a wait until you can board the ship. It could be several hours.

Thanks for the heads up. I will see if we can get the latest disembarkation time off the Coral. 

On 10/9/2018 at 12:39 AM, Crystal04 said:

I got off the first ship at like 945am went through customs then hopped on to a complimentary shuttle to the other pier. Very easy. By the time I arrived at the second ship they we're already starting check in and didn't have a line.

Thanks for your reply. How did you arrange for the complimentary shuttle?

17 minutes ago, seacrystal said:

Thanks for the heads up. I will see if we can get the latest disembarkation time off the Coral. 

Thanks for your reply. How did you arrange for the complimentary shuttle?

You don't arrange it. Sometimes Princess provides one and sometimes they don't.

We never count on one and take Uber/Lyft etc.

I didn't have to arrange it. I have done it twice now and it's been there both times many people use it to get to the different garages. They had multiple shuttles running each time. I think it is consistent.  After you go through customs there is usually an agent asking you where are you going and points you in the right direction.

On 10/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, Mud_Shark said:

Often they have a free shuttle to take you to the parking garage (which is beside terminal 2), so if that is the direction you might need, you can just hop on it.

Don

Thank you. I had heard about the shuttle but not sure if we could get it to the next ship. Is there a sign where you stand for pickup outside the ship?

I

30 minutes ago, seacrystal said:

Not so. I just posted this on October 8. Maybe there was a post a long time ago but it probably wouldn’t have enough current information for me. 

I think they accidentally looked at your date joined instead of posting date.

Thanks all for the info on moving between different terminals in FLL.  On our November cruise, we leave out of 2 and return to 21.  Since we drive to FLL, do you suggest I wait at 2 w luggage (we are carry on people) while husband drops auto at 21 and shuttles back to me and boarding?  Where does he find the shuttle?  Is it well marked and near the parking garage?  Will it be there at 9:30 or 10 which is when we usually arrive at terminal 2.  Luv, luv Cruise Critic and all the help and info provided. 

Here's another idea if your 2nd ship is at the other end of Port Everglades.

You could take a cab over to it, drop off your luggage  (keeping your carry-on) and have the same cab take you to Galleria Mall or elsewhere to kill a few hours. It's what we did a few years ago going from Princess to HAL.