Is anything too small?

helpthejuggler

Over the years I have seen threads on the most minute detail which are often debated at astonishing length.

The precise brand of creamer, what type of ketchup is available and today a discussion on the changed carpet design on QM2.

What is the most trivial topic you have seen?

I am beginning to feel that some passengers have too much time on their hands to worry about such details.

Maybe they are researching their complaints in advance - how my cruise from hell was down to the wrong type of toilet paper....

Are they the kind of people you want to be on a ship with?

when i first started to cruise and the mints/candies were on the pillow or wherever--i heard "complaints" as to what kind they were and where they were placed:eek:

i think some PEOPLE just complain about everything from the beginning to the end and NO these are NOT people i want to be on a cruise with:mad:!!

since we found NCL we dont have to worry about being seated with

COMPLAINERS:p

:D

Over the years I have seen threads on the most minute detail which are often debated at astonishing length.

The precise brand of creamer, what type of ketchup is available and today a discussion on the changed carpet design on QM2.

What is the most trivial topic you have seen?

I am beginning to feel that some passengers have too much time on their hands to worry about such details.

Maybe they are researching their complaints in advance - how my cruise from hell was down to the wrong type of toilet paper....

Are they the kind of people you want to be on a ship with?

:D Some peeps are only happy when they are miserable!

Congrats on getting the "Royal" in your town's name,very well deserved.

LOL.

It must have been the week from hell.

You will never know.

Didn't last the week.

Got off at the first port.

And I didn't have a pasport, so I couldn't fly home.

Left all of my bottled water on the ship, almost died of dehydration.

I've seen questions about the roughness of ship toilet paper. I've also seen a parent ask what the maximum number of hours they can keep their kids in the kids club without getting into trouble with the cruise line.

:D

:D Some peeps are only happy when they are miserable!

Congrats on getting the "Royal" in your town's name,very well deserved.

Thanks for the reminder to change my CC profile.

It is an amazing honour that really belongs to those who serve their country with such bravery. The name ceremony was very thoughtfully performed.

I'm surprised to hear that news of our small town has reached so far, but happy that it does reach so many.

You will never know.

Didn't last the week.

Got off at the first port.

And I didn't have a pasport, so I couldn't fly home.

Left all of my bottled water on the ship, almost died of dehydration.

And of course your rum runner was stuck in the naughty room so there was no way to drown your sorrows.

Good morning! You CCers are hilarious - you've brightened up my Sunday morning :):):)

Royal Wootton Bassset - a fitting and well-deserved accreditation. We in Scotland are so proud of your town's quiet respect and dignity shown for our servicemen and women on their very sad final journey home.

The latest one is that the straw didn't reach the bottom of the cocktail glass!

I was so moved when I came on here this evening and saw the name of your town- a fitting reward for what you have all done over the last few years- my eyes are welling up as I write.

Jo.

There must be something about traveling on a ship and going on a cruise that is so not like any other kind of vacation. People seem to obsess WAY more over a cruise vacation than any other kind of vacation. Sometimes it's like, "what's the big deal?" It's a vacation for a week or two, you're not buying a house that you're going to live in for the rest of your life.

Example: Which do you think is better, a cabin on the port side, deck 7, or a cabin on the starboard side, deck 8,?" I've never had anyone ask me, "I'm going to Vegas and staying at the Venecian, do you think a room on the 7th floor near the left end of the hall way is better than the 3rd room on the right side of the hallway on the 6th floor? Another thing that gets me is when someone asks a question and after the first poster answers the question correctly, there's a dozen more posts with the SAME ANSWER! Why...just so you can have over 50K posts on these boards?

There must be something about traveling on a ship and going on a cruise that is so not like any other kind of vacation. People seem to obsess WAY more over a cruise vacation than any other kind of vacation. Sometimes it's like, "what's the big deal?" It's a vacation for a week or two, you're not buying a house that you're going to live in for the rest of your life.

Example: Which do you think is better, a cabin on the port side, deck 7, or a cabin on the starboard side, deck 8,?" I've never had anyone ask me, "I'm going to Vegas and staying at the Venecian, do you think a room on the 7th floor near the left end of the hall way is better than the 3rd room on the right side of the hallway on the 6th floor? Another thing that gets me is when someone asks a question and after the first poster answers the question correctly, there's a dozen more posts with the SAME ANSWER! Why...just so you can have over 50K posts on these boards?

Why do you read these posts if they annoy you so much??? I have great fun :) reading these posts (and I'm sure most CCers do) but usually never take them very seriously (as I'm sure most CCer's would agree) as some of them are a bit ridiculous but hey on a cold wet Scottish afternoon, some of them brighten up my day - like the posts on this thread. I apologise if I've got you wrong but that's how your post came across. I worked in the hotel industry for many years so I guess that's given me the view that in reading reviews and posts, I enjoy with a huge pinch of salt! And yes if you look at a well-known hotel review site, people do post and ask the most inane things on there as well! ;)

Would someone be kind enough to explain what happened at Royal Wooton Bassett? Thanks in advance.

The fallen Servicemen/women from the UK forces active in Iraq and Afghanistan are repatriated to the UK, their bodies are taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. Flights were temporarily diverted from RAF Brize Norton to RAF Lyneham which is close to Wootton Bassett.

The route to Oxford passes through the main street of Wootton Bassett. The coffins are covered with flags. Members of the Royal British Legion (the prominent UK veterans association) noted a procession and showed their respects. After inquiries they were informed of future repatriations and they started to attend each one. This grew as more local people joined them and friends, family and service colleagues attended. During repatriations the main street would become full of people. All this happened organically without official organisation. Further down the route others gathered as the cortege drove to Oxford. As the procession approaches Wootton Bassett they pause at St. Bartholomew’s church. The bell tolls as they move slowly to war memorial where people gather.

Until this year 355 Servicemen/women were honoured in over 150 repatriations. Earlier this year flights were returned to Brize Norton so the route no longer passes through Wootton Bassett.

Wootton Basset became Royal Wootton Bassett on 16-Oct-2011 when the honour was given to the town by Princess Anne. Over 14,000 people were present including the Prime Minister.

The Queen gave recognition for the way in which the town became the focus for the repatriations and has increased the support for those serving in the forces. This is the first ‘Royal’ award in over 100 years.

Archived