Cruises leaving from Barcelona

this question is for anyone that has been on a cruise that has left from Barcelona. I do not speak any SpanIsh at all. Is that going to be a problem on the ship? My husband says the shows and all announcements will be in Spanish. I think he is incorrect. Can someone that has been on one of these cruises please let me know? Thank you.

If anything, Spanish speakers have a harder time on board. All announcements are in English (possibly followed by other languages). The daily program, advertising material, menus, etc. are produced in English (and then translated into other languages as needed). If the shows have any dialogue or text, it is only in English. And while the staff speak all kinds of languages, the only language they are all guaranteed/required to know is English.

NCL (with the exception of Norwegian Joy) still caters first and foremost for the English-speaking market(s).

Just off the Spirit embarking in a Barcelona. All staff speak English and announcements are in English. No worries! Great port!

THIS. Easy in Barcelona & shiponboard language, is same as if it left the USA.

Only prob we had in Barc., was the Taxi driver from the airport, spoke absolutely NO English.

I knew just enough spanish and we ended up getting a tour Downtown (since we had No

time before boarding the ship beforehand) Ended up being a Highlight of our trip!

With ME (and my 9th grade spanish) attempting to be interpreter between the Taxi Driver( Only Spanish),

and My Friend, (Only English)

Hysterical.:');p:D

this question is for anyone that has been on a cruise that has left from Barcelona. I do not speak any SpanIsh at all. Is that going to be a problem on the ship? My husband says the shows and all announcements will be in Spanish. I think he is incorrect. Can someone that has been on one of these cruises please let me know? Thank you.

Husband is incorrect. The language on the ship is English. Additional announcements are made in Spanish and German. All shows are in English. The tourist areas in Barcelona cater to english speakers. We have not had problems with taxis.

I believe everyone else has responded to the English on-board question. I just wanted to wish you a Fantabulous trip -- we've sailed out of Barcelona a couple of times & love it. We allow for time in Barcelona on both ends of the cruise. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!

I was on the Star, Spirit and Epic last year, and can confirm with NCL an AMERICAN company the primary language is English, Multiple translations, depending on demographics are done.

Ive never had too much trouble with Taxis in Barcelona, but English doesn’t come easy to a lot of them.

Getting to the ship has never been a problem, although it once took a while to clarify the difference between cruise port and airport. Using the ship name often helps.

If we are going to a hotel I make a point of having the hotel name and address written down and just show it to them in case of any problems.

I speak no Spanish at all and the taxis are the closest to an issue that I have ever had in Barcelona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took a 13-day Med cruise on the Epic from Barcelona in March of 2016 and had the time of our lives. Spent a day before and after in Barcelona, which is a warm, welcoming, wonderful city. We had no difficulty with the language barrier in the city or on board, and English is the primary language aboard the ship.

Have a magical time!!

Husband is incorrect. The language on the ship is English. Additional announcements are made in Spanish and German. All shows are in English. The tourist areas in Barcelona cater to english speakers. We have not had problems with taxis.

OP, why don't you trick your husband that he is correct? He'll be astounded and amazed when he boards the ship ... ;p:D;p:D