Haven Email with Sold Out Status

Joan18

I am new to the boards, but not new to cruising. I have only found threads that are quite old with this question.

We received an email today to bid on haven. Our sailing is this weekend. But the cabins are all being shown sold out. Both online and when I spoke to NCL cruise agent.

Why would they send out this email if they were full?

Thanks in advance.

Last minute emergency cancellation? They probably wouldn't choose to sell those rooms again at the last minute as they'd be highly unlikely to sell at the original rate. Better to give someone the opportunity to upgrade instead.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The bids are handled by an outside company which does not have access to the inventory list. They simply collect the data for NCL who then issues the upgrades as available.

Thanks! I am glad I booked the suite, because they also look sold out. We are planning on doing a similar trip again next year and will just book the haven ahead of time. Thanks again for your reply.

Last minute emergency cancellation? They probably wouldn't choose to sell those rooms again at the last minute as they'd be highly unlikely to sell at the original rate. Better to give someone the opportunity to upgrade instead.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This, for one reason!

Someone a few years ago probably got a very nice special offer (before "bidding") on a suite, when DH got sick less than 2 weeks before we were to leave home for a cruise and then land trip.

Fortunately, we had travel insurance (first time! whew!), so we got our money back.

But we were SO sorry to miss the trip.

GC

I am new to the boards, but not new to cruising. I have only found threads that are quite old with this question.

We received an email today to bid on haven. Our sailing is this weekend. But the cabins are all being shown sold out. Both online and when I spoke to NCL cruise agent.

Why would they send out this email if they were full?

Thanks in advance.

I have been on the Epic two times - both times booked in the Deluxe Owner's Suite and received multiple e mails regarding bidding for upgrades. Funny thing is there is no room to upgrade to! So I too am perplexed at some of the wisdom of this bidding thing.

We received an email today to bid on haven. Our sailing is this weekend. But the cabins are all being shown sold out. Both online and when I spoke to NCL cruise agent. Why would they send out this email if they were full? Thanks in advance.

at this point, cancellations.

Some Haven upgrades are done on Monday prior to departure. The final upgrades Wednesday and Thursday (as late as 48 hours to cruise).

We Have cancelled twice on the week of cruise.

I had to cancel once after final payment on an Epic spa suite, Christmas week, because of illness (thank goodness we had trip insurance!). This was before the bidding days....I am one of those with bids in on two Haven categories (Haven is sold out for my sailing). I don't know whether to hope for a cancellation for selfish reasons or not to hope for one, because at this point (sail date 9/1/18) I would think it is not for a happy reason for whoever cancels.

There are a few reasons. First, there is always the chance of last-minute cancellations. Second, if someone gets upgraded to a higher category through the bid process, then their old room becomes available to others who have bid on that category, so even "sold out" categories can have vacancies once bids are processed. Third, data is incredibly valuable. Even if no bids are accepted, NCL can learn a lot about what customers are willing to pay for upgrades and higher categories, which can help them make future pricing decisions.

I have been on the Epic two times - both times booked in the Deluxe Owner's Suite and received multiple e mails regarding bidding for upgrades. Funny thing is there is no room to upgrade to! So I too am perplexed at some of the wisdom of this bidding thing.

Oh Chloe that isssss funny. :')