Future Carnival Vacations certificate - good news

habby

Here's a timeline of our experience:

11/25/09 - booked cruise for 04/25/09 on the Legend

01/30/10 - purchased Future Carnival Vacations certificate while on board the Conquest

03/05/10 - mailed FCV certificate to Carnival

03/11/10 - received confirmation from post office that FCV had been received by Carnival; checked My Documents - $100 on board credit!:) No credit posted to credit card yet.

You just made my day......so worried about all the conflicting info....PVP says you can book 1st, then get certs and apply them.....the guys at the Future Cruise desk on the Splendor said "NO", must be for trips NOT YET BOOKED. But I bought some and want to apply them to cruises booked already for 2011....phew! Will send them in this weekend! THANK YOU!

I'm happy for you that your on-board credit has posted already. I haven't been as lucky. I mailed my Future Cruise Certificate in mid-January and I received the green certified card back from Carnival that the certificate was received on January 19, 2010. Well, I have called Carnival two times in the past few weeks because my credit still doesn't show. My cruise isn't until May 23rd, but my final payment was made on March 8, 2010 and it shows that I still owe a balance of $100.00. Because the Promo Department has not credited me, I cannot open my documents on the Carnival website since to them, I am not paid in full! My PVP even intervened on my behalf, and the department still won't budge on taking care of my certificate. I sure would like to print my luggage tags, etc. I guess I'll have to wait until the Promo Department gets around to crediting my account...

You just made my day......so worried about all the conflicting info....PVP says you can book 1st, then get certs and apply them.....the guys at the Future Cruise desk on the Splendor said "NO", must be for trips NOT YET BOOKED. But I bought some and want to apply them to cruises booked already for 2011....phew! Will send them in this weekend! THANK YOU!

Happy to help. We were told at the Future Cruise Desk on the Conquest when we bought the certificates that they were only good for new bookings. Then last week I read here that someone was able to get credit on a cruise they had booked already. I called Carnival and was told that yes in fact I could submit the cert for our upcoming cruise.

You DO need to book first so that you have a booking number to fill in on the certificate. I just wasn't sure if I would be able to use it on a cruise that we had booked before we bought the certificate. So far, so good here.

FYI The certificate says you can only redeem one cert per cabin.

Good luck! Hope things work out as well for you as they have for us so far.

I'm happy for you that your on-board credit has posted already. I haven't been as lucky. I mailed my Future Cruise Certificate in mid-January and I received the green certified card back from Carnival that the certificate was received on January 19, 2010. Well, I have called Carnival two times in the past few weeks because my credit still doesn't show. My cruise isn't until May 23rd, but my final payment was made on March 8, 2010 and it shows that I still owe a balance of $100.00. Because the Promo Department has not credited me, I cannot open my documents on the Carnival website since to them, I am not paid in full! My PVP even intervened on my behalf, and the department still won't budge on taking care of my certificate. I sure would like to print my luggage tags, etc. I guess I'll have to wait until the Promo Department gets around to crediting my account...

Ouch. I sure hope things get straightened out for you. I can't imagine the frustration you're going through. Please let us know that someone finally gets applause for taking care of this for you.

What are Future Cruise Certificates?? Going on our 14th Carnival cruise in 2011.

The certificates are available on a number of ships at this time.

This is the way I understand it. Basically you're giving Carnival $100 up front, promising that you're going to book a cruise sometime in the next five years. Then, when you book a cruise, you mail in the certificate with your booking number, and they apply the $100 you gave them to either your final payment or give you a credit on your credit card if you're already past final payment, so you break even at this point. Then, they give you $100 onboard credit, which means you end $100 ahead!

As I stated earlier, I haven't seen a credit posted to my credit card yet, but with the $100 on board credit, we are at the break-even point right now.

• 1 month later...

This is the way I understand it. Basically you're giving Carnival $100 up front, promising that you're going to book a cruise sometime in the next five years. Then, when you book a cruise, you mail in the certificate with your booking number, and they apply the $100 you gave them to either your final payment or give you a credit on your credit card if you're already past final payment, so you break even at this point. Then, they give you $100 onboard credit, which means you end $100 ahead!

As I stated earlier, I haven't seen a credit posted to my credit card yet, but with the $100 on board credit, we are at the break-even point right now.

Interesting. Do you still pay the $250 ( for a 7 day) per person booking fee when you book the cruise?

I can not undrestand why you have to mail them in...other cruislines tie the credit to your past guest number in thier computers.

:confused:

So, let me get this straight. I am booked for 2 cruises right now. One in May 2010, then March 2011. If I buy one of these certificates in May, I spend $100.00. Then I return home, fill out the paper with my booking # for the March 2011 cruise. For that cruise then, I will receive $100.00 on board credit, then my cruise fare will also decrease by $100.00 (instead of 6xx.xx, cruise fare, it will be 5xx.xx)? So I pay $100, and get $200?

If this is the case, does your cruise fare have to be paid in full, and they refund $100 on your credit card? Or can they just knock the $100.00 off of your fare and you just not pay that amount?

Sorry for so many questions, but I am addicted to cruising and loyal to Carnival. If I can get some of these amazing vacations even cheaper, I'm all over it :D

Happy to help. We were told at the Future Cruise Desk on the Conquest when we bought the certificates that they were only good for new bookings. Then last week I read here that someone was able to get credit on a cruise they had booked already. I called Carnival and was told that yes in fact I could submit the cert for our upcoming cruise.

You DO need to book first so that you have a booking number to fill in on the certificate. I just wasn't sure if I would be able to use it on a cruise that we had booked before we bought the certificate. So far, so good here.

FYI The certificate says you can only redeem one cert per cabin.

Good luck! Hope things work out as well for you as they have for us so far.

I booked my next cruise for 1/22/11 on 1/28/10. At that time there was no FCC desk on Miracle.

We then went on our cruise 2/24/10 (had bought FCC in 2009).

Miracle finally has the FCC Desk so I was able to buy a FCC. Vivienne said that I could use it on my already booked cruise as long as I had not made final payment. On the back of the certificate it does say not for pre-existing bookings, but she said as long I had not paid the balance I'd be OK.

I sent the FCC a month ago and I know they received it because I called to see when it would be posted on my account. She said it would be a while before it is posted because my cruise isn't till 2011. They're working on April, May, & June right now.

Not to hijack, but can you use this in conjunction with a stockholders $100 OBC?

Yes... as the other posters have mentioned... I've had OBC from a group cruise, the Future Cruise Cert OBC, and Shareholders... and even on one cruise, an additional OBC from Carnival, because of a mistake... Nice!!!! :D

So, let me get this straight. I am booked for 2 cruises right now. One in May 2010, then March 2011. If I buy one of these certificates in May, I spend $100.00. Then I return home, fill out the paper with my booking # for the March 2011 cruise. For that cruise then, I will receive $100.00 on board credit, then my cruise fare will also decrease by $100.00 (instead of 6xx.xx, cruise fare, it will be 5xx.xx)? So I pay $100, and get $200? Yep.

If this is the case, does your cruise fare have to be paid in full, and they refund $100 on your credit card? Or can they just knock the $100.00 off of your fare and you just not pay that amount? The way I understand it, if you have not paid in full yet they take $100 off final payment.

Sorry for so many questions, but I am addicted to cruising and loyal to Carnival. If I can get some of these amazing vacations even cheaper, I'm all over it :D

Questions are good. This is your hard-earned money you're spending.

I booked my next cruise for 1/22/11 on 1/28/10. At that time there was no FCC desk on Miracle.

We then went on our cruise 2/24/10 (had bought FCC in 2009).

Miracle finally has the FCC Desk so I was able to buy a FCC. Vivienne said that I could use it on my already booked cruise as long as I had not made final payment. On the back of the certificate it does say not for pre-existing bookings, but she said as long I had not paid the balance I'd be OK.

I sent the FCC a month ago and I know they received it because I called to see when it would be posted on my account. She said it would be a while before it is posted because my cruise isn't till 2011. They're working on April, May, & June right now.

My understanding at first was that you couldn't use the certificates on a cruise that was already booked when you bought the certificate. Turns out I was wrong. We had not made final payment on our April cruise when we bought the certificate. I sent the FCC in after we made final payment, and got credit on our credit card and our cruise docs show OBC.

Here's a timeline of our experience:

11/25/09 - booked cruise for 04/25/09 on the Legend - oops meant 04/25/10

01/30/10 - purchased Future Carnival Vacations certificate while on board the Conquest

03/05/10 - mailed FCV certificate to Carnival

03/11/10 - received confirmation from post office that FCV had been received by Carnival; checked My Documents - $100 on board credit!:) No credit posted to credit card yet.

Oh, and we did get credit posted to our credit card on 03/12/10.

So if you booked through a TA do you still just send in the cert to Carnival? I have one I'm planning on using for my October cruise..

I believe your TA has to send it in, but yes it can be done. I would definitely call the number on the certificate to make sure of the proper procedure.

Just to claify something else...I believe the total amount of OBC has to do with the length of the cruise. 3 or 4 day cruises only received $50...7 day cruises receive $100...and 10 or longer may be more, but on that I am not sure.

We have a cruise booked on the Dream for next September, and my Carnival PVP said we didn't need to mail it in until closer to our final payment date. I'll probably mail it off to Carnival in the Spring of next year...certified mail, of course! My PVP said it would be a good idea to make a copy of the certificate before sending it in.

I really like the program, and hope that all ships will start to offer this. I am going on the Sensation again in June, and it is not offered there. Even so, I will go to either Guest services or to the cruise consultant on the ship and ask...you never know!

The booking number has to be written on the certificate and it has to be mailed back to Carnival via certified mail. its 100.00 for 7 day and 200 for a 12 day or longer cruise. I just mailed mine out today...100.00 comes off your cruise balance and the other amount depending on the length of your cruise goes as on board credit on your sail and sign card! hope this helps:)

Archived