Price of Regal Sanctuary

redcruzer

Does anyone know the price of the Regal sanctuary?

Can you book 1/2 days and if so what is the time frame for each session.

thanks

Sanctuary is same price across the fleet. $40 full day, $20 half day, $30 per day if booked for full cruise.

Half day hours are generally 8-12 and 1-5, give or take...

Enjoy

thanks

We think its still $40 for a full day and $20 for a half day. Not sure of the actual times for the half days. Ships have been known to sometimes "adjust" these prices to better meet supply and demand. For example, it is not likely you would be able to get a $20 half day rental during a transit of the Panama Canal.

Hank

I'm new to Princess, my first sailing, so sorry if this has been asked.

I'm on the Regal December 10th sailing and enjoying researching and reading reviews.

I booked a Guarantee BF Cat. My travel agent called a few days ago, they assigned me D220. An upgrade to a Deluxe Balcony, which means we get a couch now.

So my questions are, will we have to sprint up to the Sanctuary? I want to book 3 half days for our sea days. How do they know, you're there only half a day? Bracelet, specific sections, etc.

Will there be waiter service for drinks, not food?

On the NCL Escape, we arrived at the pier 930a to get group 1 boarding. A group of us walked briskly to get Vibe passes before they sold out. The Vibe made our cruise.

Just wanted to know if Princess boarding process similar? May have to arrive at the port early.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

So my questions are, will we have to sprint up to the Sanctuary? I want to book 3 half days for our sea days. How do they know, you're there only half a day? Bracelet, specific sections, etc.

Will there be waiter service for drinks, not food?

On the NCL Escape, we arrived at the pier 930a to get group 1 boarding. A group of us walked briskly to get Vibe passes before they sold out. The Vibe made our cruise.

Just wanted to know if Princess boarding process similar? May have to arrive at the port early.

Since you want to book just three half-days, you don't have to sprint up to the Sanctuary to book them. On most ships (I don't know if the Regal is the same), you book a half day on the day you want it. You might be able to book a half-day the afternoon before. When you book, you select "your" lounger. No one else can use that lounger for the period you booked it. The attendants know who booked which lounger(s). The booked loungers are made up with towels so it's easy to see which are available. The attendants will bring you food and drinks. There's a menu. Food delivery is $3/order. Drinks are charged at normal prices. If you have a drink package, then that applies. Ice water is always available for free. Afternoon tea is served at about 3:30pm and is included. Wonderful pastries, finger sandwiches, scones, etc. plus tea.

Have no idea what a Vibe pass is. On Princess, check-in opens at about 10:30am and boarding starts at about 11:30am. First to board are Elite and then Platinum passengers. How long this takes depends on the number of Elite and Platinum passengers. Then general boarding in the order in which passengers check in. No one can purchase the ability to board earlier than others. Boarding is pretty fast. Normally, cabins are available as soon as you board although I've heard that on some sailings out of FLL, there can be a delay to get to cabins. There was no delay on our Royal cruise in April.

Edited by Pam in CA

Is the sanctuary located under a retractable roof on the Regal?

Going on it soon to cold weather locations

No...it's a fixed roof probably because being at the front of the ship it'd be very windy without the roof.

I've never seen the retractable roof over the Calypso Pool ever open in any type of weather.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Since you want to book just three half-days, you don't have to sprint up to the Sanctuary to book them. On most ships (I don't know if the Regal is the same), you book a half day on the day you want it. You might be able to book a half-day the afternoon before. When you book, you select "your" lounger. No one else can use that lounger for the period you booked it. The attendants know who booked which lounger(s). The booked loungers are made up with towels so it's easy to see which are available. The attendants will bring you food and drinks. There's a menu. Food delivery is $3/order. Drinks are charged at normal prices. If you have a drink package, then that applies. Ice water is always available for free. Afternoon tea is served at about 3:30pm and is included. Wonderful pastries, finger sandwiches, scones, etc. plus tea.

Have no idea what a Vibe pass is. On Princess, check-in opens at about 10:30am and boarding starts at about 11:30am. First to board are Elite and then Platinum passengers. How long this takes depends on the number of Elite and Platinum passengers. Then general boarding in the order in which passengers check in. No one can purchase the ability to board earlier than others. Boarding is pretty fast. Normally, cabins are available as soon as you board although I've heard that on some sailings out of FLL, there can be a delay to get to cabins. There was no delay on our Royal cruise in April.

Thank you for the information.

Vibe is on the NCL Escape, a quiet, exclusive area with padded chairs, jacuzzi, waiters, bar area, etc. Theres a fee and you have to book for the week. Theres only a set number sold. And its first come, first serve. Hence, the sprint. You had a card to open the door to this area and it was the highlight of my cruise. I was there morning to late afternoon every sea day.

It's similar to the Santuary. However, the Sanctuary looks more elegant.

We'll head up there before lunch to check it out.

Thanks again

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

We'll head up there before lunch to check it out.
Good idea. Ask what their booking policy is for half or full days if you don't book for the whole cruise. I've found that the booking policy is not consistent and depends on the Sanctuary manager.

A certain percentage of the loungers are set aside for per-diem booking. In other words, not all the loungers are available for booking the whole cruise.

A section of the Sanctuary has a canvas shade which provides some shade but it's not total shade. The rest of the loungers are in the sun. The attendants will move your lounger to get more shade or sun, as you wish.

Good idea. Ask what their booking policy is for half or full days if you don't book for the whole cruise. I've found that the booking policy is not consistent and depends on the Sanctuary manager.

A certain percentage of the loungers are set aside for per-diem booking. In other words, not all the loungers are available for booking the whole cruise.

A section of the Sanctuary has a canvas shade which provides some shade but it's not total shade. The rest of the loungers are in the sun. The attendants will move your lounger to get more shade or sun, as you wish.

OK, will do that.

Thanks so much for the info.

thanks

It's $20/half day. $40/full day. My advice is GET there once you board!!! It's very popular. Do check carefully the lounger you choose. Some are in direct sunlight or get really blasted by the wind.

Strangely(shhh!)we never got charged for the food, only the drinks. We found the Sanctuary worth every cent.

Although we do think the Sanctuary is very nice, we are bothered (just a little) by the concept. On some Princess vessels the Sanctuary is about the only place where you can get peace and quiet (MUTS ended that at the main pool area). Paying for a lounger with service and quiet is actually a very old sea tradition. For those that cruised the Liners back in the 40s and 50s...it was the norm to be assigned your own deck chair where you were served by a steward (who you tipped well). It was only when the Caribbean cruise market began to open...that the tradition of having an assigned deck chair died.

But what bothers me is that we need to pay to find a quiet pleasant place on some cruises. And then to add insult to injury (financial) we are supposed to pay $3 for food (after having paid ($60-$80 per couple for just chairs). When Princess decided to make "Movies Under the Stars" also "Lots of Noise Under the Sun" they created their own need to something like the Sanctuary. Seems to me the Sanctuary should be free and they should charge (at least $100 a day) for those that want to be blasted by MUTS. That high cost could be called the noise pollution tax.

Hank