Another Sanctuary Question

mklions

I am sure this question has popped up many time before but I can't see where, so apologies in advance.

We have three continuous days at sea coming up on our Australia and New Zealand cruise next month and would like to book all three days in the sanctuary.

We are elite passengers so will be able to board early.

My question is can we book the three sea days in the Sanctuary when we first board or do we have to make a booking for the whole week? to guarantee places.

I read somewhere that to book individual days you have to queue up each morning and any availability will be on a first come first serve basis.

Thanks.

Mklions.

I am sure this question has popped up many time before but I can't see where, so apologies in advance.

We have three continuous days at sea coming up on our Australia and New Zealand cruise next month and would like to book all three days in the sanctuary.

My question is can we book the three sea days in the Sanctuary when we first board or do we have to make a booking for the whole week? to guarantee places.

I read somewhere that to book individual days you have to queue up each morning and any availability will be on a first come first serve basis.

Thanks.

Mklions.

The policy MAY vary by ship and who is in charge of the Sanctuary, but on our last few trips on the Regal, we had great luck with our booking. We raced up immediately upon boarding and were able to book just the 3 sea days in advance, and did not have to go back each morning. We are platinum now, so we get up there pretty early, while the seat selection is still pretty good.

This policy definitely has changed in the last few years. When we first started sailing Princess about 5 years ago, it was not possible to do this and was as you say, you had to try and book each morning, which usually made for some very early wake-up calls and standing in line

Good luck and have a GREAT cruise

Thank you for the responses, we are sailing on the Princess and are the costs to use the sanctuary still $40 a day PP.

Thanks,

Mklions

You are quite welcome. Unless Princess has recently hiked the price (as they have done with some other shipboard services), then yes the price should still be $40 per day, per person, $20 per half day, $30 per day if booking for the entire cruise. It used to be much cheaper.

We are joining the Emerald at Perth on 8th November, which is the final week before the cruise completes its long voyage from Southampton.

I,m starting to think that the sanctuary may get fully booked up for the three sea days that we want by the passengers already on the ship.

The Perth to Sydney week is sold out and the Roll Call is non existent, suggesting that not many people will be joining the ship at Perth.

Thanks.

Mklions.

You can only book the whole cruise not just 3 days.

Just off the Star (Hawaii). We wanted to book the Sanctuary for just 3 days, too. We went straightaway upon boarding, and was told we could book for the whole cruise there and then, or we would have to come back on the days we wanted, early morning, or early afternoon (for a half day) and book then.

I actually said to him that on the last cruise we were able to book ahead for individual days, but he smiled and said those were the official rules, nothing he could do.

So there you go, it varies ship to ship so worth an ask on boarding. I should also say that the Sanctuary was EMPTY the 3 afternoons we used it, despite all 3 being hot, sunny days. The price hike seems to have put people off, so there was definitely no queueing involved. We walked right up and in.

What do you "book" at the sanctuary?? Lounges?? What is in the sanctuary?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here you go:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/wellness/ Includes a short video of the Sanctuary

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/The-Sanctuary-An-Ocean-of-Calm-on-Princess-Ships.html

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2284

There's also nunerous YouTube videos of the Sanctuary...

Hope that helps..

It depends. I have been on ships where you have to book the entire week or wait in line in the morning to book just for that day.

I have been on other ships where you can book single days in advance.

It really depends on the ships and the Hotel Director.

Thanks I will check out those links. Considering booking the Crown for next January. Thoughts on the ship??? Have never cruised princess before. It will be my husband and I in our early 50s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's hundreds of reviews of Crown here in CruiseCritic, perhaps take a look at those. Great ship, just like all Princess ships. It's in good shape, lots to do and enjoy, etc

Happy sails.

You can only book the whole cruise not just 3 days.

So if you are lucky enough to be on a world cruise that would be a lot of bucks!

Why does each ship have its own rules, surely if l want to book for three days then they should be happy with that, I don't want to use the sanctuary on port days,.

So if you are lucky enough to be on a world cruise that would be a lot of bucks!

Why does each ship have its own rules, surely if l want to book for three days then they should be happy with that, I don't want to use the sanctuary on port days,.

The policies are not consistent and are left to the Sanctuary manager. Just like dining room management is up to the Maitre D'. You can book for just the three days but it's best to find out right after boarding what the policy is for that ship and cruise. There's no way to know ahead of time whether there'll be lounger(s) available for you to book if you wait until the day you want book.