Wait Listed

runner15km

When I booked I was placed on a wait list for 6 PM MDR and was given Select Dining (Anytime). Today I was sent a new invoice and the dining choice was listed as CEL SLCT(6:00 PM). Am I still wait listed or do I have the 6PM slot in the MDR.

Celebrity has been doing this for years, I don't know why. We have always gotten early seating after being wait-listed,can't figure out why they do this to pax.

J.

When I booked I was placed on a wait list for 6 PM MDR and was given Select Dining (Anytime). Today I was sent a new invoice and the dining choice was listed as CEL SLCT(6:00 PM). Am I still wait listed or do I have the 6PM slot in the MDR.

What category cabin are you in, that looks like the way its written on Aqua or Suite cabins.

What category cabin are you in, that looks like the way its written on Aqua or Suite cabins.

I wish ! :D I booked the Summit April 2018 Cat 11 Inside and sailing as a solo in October 2018. You would think as a solo, X would have one seat available for the 6PM seating. :confused: Maybe they are just waiting to seat me with other solo's/singles.

Believe it means that you have a 6:00pm reservation in Select Dining. Suggest you check it with hostess when you board.

This is not true. Select Dining time will not show on the booking even if you reserve it online. The bracketed time is the Wait List time.

OP...Is it the time that is an issue or that you want an assigned MDR table?

If it's just the time, can't you just book the time you want under Select Dining in your cruise Planner? Then when you arrive ask to be seated with others? At least you have your time secured.

We booked Select for the first time for an upcoming EDGE cruise, and picked a time for each night in an MDR. We then printed out the Confirmed times...Our res Conf just reads "CEL SLCT". We are 2 but would agree to join others if need be...

It used to be much easier!

Edited by hcat

We always select Select Dining and make reservations before the cruise. We also always select table for 2. We have never had any issues. We generally pick 6 pm on at sea days and 6:30 on port days. Even if we are a bit early or late, we always get seated right away.

Edited by HardyVA
Spelling

Good to know... we chose 6 pm for 2 nights in each of the 4 MDRs on EDGE and 6:30`for one night at Specialty Dining....Booking was very easy

Big change from BLU, but we are looking forward to it..

Hope OP gets her MDR choice..stressful having to wait until one boards to sort it out.

We're in Aqua and listed as traditional late dining even though Blu is dine when you want. I've been told that the X website has no mechanism to identify that with Blu. It's been that way on every cruise in Aqua class.

I have not sailed on X for six years so maybe I do not understand what Select Dining is. I am sailing solo and prefer a set time with the same guests each night. I only want to explain one time why my spouse is not sailing with me. ;)

I have not sailed on X for six years so maybe I do not understand what Select Dining is. I am sailing solo and prefer a set time with the same guests each night. I only want to explain one time why my spouse is not sailing with me. ;)

"Select dining" means you won't be at a certain table each night, unless you are traveling with a group and your reservations are linked. If you want the same table and same people and same time each night, you need to call and ask if they have a table for you at 6 pm seating, now that it's closer to your cruise. Our friends cruising with us were waitlisted for our October cruise, but they called this week and now they're assigned to the same time as we have. Best of luck!

Then it sounds like you don’t want Select Dining. Call Celebrity and see if you can be moved to either the early or late dining options. And if you can then you can request a table size. Otherwise, I’m Select Dining, even if you go at the same time each evening and request a shared table, you will have different seat mates each night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you need to have set dining at the same time each night call captain's club and tell them. DH is diabetic and has to eat at set intervals to keep his levels...first time I was wait listed for set dining I called CC and explained the situation and it was immediately changed to early dining and now when I book a cruise I am automatically given early dining, ranging between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. due to medical reasons.

• 4 weeks later...