New to Carnival is this normal or did I waste money on FTTF

hollyberry

Just got this email. Do I still show up at 10:30 and expect to be in my cabin by 12 with FTTF or should I cancel it figuring I'll get to it when everyone is.

November 5, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Pride. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 1:30 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

Just got this email. Do I still show up at 10:30 and expect to be in my cabin by 12 with FTTF or should I cancel it figuring I'll get to it when everyone is.

November 5, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Pride. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 1:30 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

I'm wondering about this too - we bought FTTF and we are also sailing on the Pride. I look forward to others answers

Definitely ignore! We had FTTF in February on the Dream. We got to port really early. DH took the rental car back while I waited with our luggage. After a while (watching people depart the ship) a porter noticed me and took our luggage. I pointed out the FTTF logo. :D after DH got back we headed in and breezed thru security and check in. We went up to the special VIP, wedding, FTTF section. We waited a while and then were let on the ship. (Weddings, diamond, platinum went first) we went directly to our room , which was ready for us. This was around 11:00. So nice to drop off our carry ons! Went and had a drink and roamed around. Went back to our room around 12:15 and our luggage had been delivered. Can't say enough good things about FTTF!

Edited by kona_wahine

Definitely ignore! We had FTTF in February on the Dream. We got to port really early. DH took the rental car back while I waited with our luggage. After a while (watching people depart the ship) a porter noticed me and took our luggage. I pointed out the FTTF logo. :D after DH got back we headed in and breezed thru security and check in. We went up to the special VIP, wedding, FTTF section. We waited a while and then were let on the ship. (Weddings, diamond, platinum went first) we went directly to our room , which was ready for us. This was around 11:00. So nice to drop off our carry ons! Went and had a drink and roamed around. Went back to our room around 12:15 and our luggage had been delivered. Can't say enough good things about FTTF!

that's awesome. The main reason I want it is because I can't see walking around the ship forever with our carry-on and 3 kids! I'm planning on leaving our hotel around 10 or so. THere is a Ravens game (1:00) on the day we leave...I don't want to deal with traffic

Have never done FTTF and always boarded quickly and smoothly but most people swear by it. With 3 kids if you can do it easier then go for it. We are never in a hurry to get anywhere at any time so it is not a big deal to us to be on 15 mins before the next person. We have had a VIP boarding and never used it because we loved meeting new people and usually NEWBIES are in line and love to take part in their excitement of their first cruise. We are retired and no rush to do anything

Edited by Tbay-eh

Have never done FTTF and always boarded quickly and smoothly but most people swear by it. With 3 kids if you can do it easier then go for it. We are never in a hurry to get anywhere at any time so it is not a big deal to us to be on 15 mins before the next person. We have had a VIP boarding and never used it because we loved meeting new people and usually NEWBIES are in line and love to take part in their excitement of their first cruise. We are retired and no rush to do anything

it isn't so much the VIP boarding - it's having our stateroom ready when we board that is most important :)

FTTF totally rocks! Show up early, you'll be on as soon as they clear the ship. We were greeted by porters who took our bags and marked them for priority loading, breezed through embarkation and onto the ship and into our rooms. It was so nice to feel like we had the ship to ourselves, relatively speaking, for a couple of hours before everything opened up and the masses made their way on board.

November 5, 2013

Hi there:

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

THIS letter is the NORMAL letter (lol). I would go when you want. don't cancel the FTTF, you will be on board with a drink in hand before you know it!! Have a great time. If you had an email stating why...I would listen, but this is the normal one they give to some.

I totally agree. I personally do not think FTTF is worth it. I love meeting people in line that we see all week long. It is always such a happy group!

that's awesome. The main reason I want it is because I can't see walking around the ship forever with our carry-on and 3 kids! I'm planning on leaving our hotel around 10 or so. THere is a Ravens game (1:00) on the day we leave...I don't want to deal with traffic

:eek:Trust me you will still have traffic. The stadium is right by the cruise port.

FTTF is SO worth the money...we paid for it on our Freedom Cruise in May - which was our 9th cruise....we had someone drop us off at the port....and we literally felt like we had an extra day on the ship....it seemed like we were on the ship that long......I recommend it 100% ..... everyone gets the message about don't come until..whatever time.........don't worry about that.....I am cruise in 10 days and I will be Platinum so I don't have to pay that money....my husband was so excited about this! But unfortunately he passed away of a massive heart attack while at work (never sick at all) on September 10th....I thought about cancelling the cruise...but it was nonrefundable with even the tips paid....and I knew how mad he would be if I gave up the being platinum part (we were being grandfathered in if we took the 10th cruise before December 31st) .... not sure how my first cruise will be without him..........but I know he will be sailing with me in spirit.....he loved cruising!

FTTF totally rocks! Show up early, you'll be on as soon as they clear the ship. We were greeted by porters who took our bags and marked them for priority loading, breezed through embarkation and onto the ship and into our rooms. It was so nice to feel like we had the ship to ourselves, relatively speaking, for a couple of hours before everything opened up and the masses made their way on board.

Yes it does. I admit I don't like standing in long lines. And with kids, carry-ons, etc. I'm happy to pay for a chance to accelerate the process if possible. That email is sent to everyone. Get there when you originally planned to OP. If it's too early, they won't let you on anyway. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Ignore the email and save $50 on the over rated fttf.

I agree with ignore the e-mail. Let me put it this way about FTTF - You've paid to board the ship. Did you pay to stand in line in an uncomfortable warehouse setting or get on the ship? Do you like dragging around your carry-on until your cabin is ready? Do you like standing in line with hundreds of other people waiting to get on a tender to go ashore? There are more good things about FTTF than bad. If you've ever had it, you'll always want it in the future. We thought it was the best $49.95 we ever spent.

I agree with ignore the e-mail. Let me put it this way about FTTF - You've paid to board the ship. Did you pay to stand in line in an uncomfortable warehouse setting or get on the ship? Do you like dragging around your carry-on until your cabin is ready? Do you like standing in line with hundreds of other people waiting to get on a tender to go ashore? There are more good things about FTTF than bad. If you've ever had it, you'll always want it in the future. We thought it was the best $49.95 we ever spent.

I totally agree with this. We bought the FTTF for our last cruise, and will do so again. Definitely worth the money. Although we don't carry on cases of water or sodas (like we've seen some people do), it is nice to be able to drop off our carry-ons right away and not schlep them around for an hour or so waiting for our room to be ready. Like most everyone else, we head to the buffet for lunch soon after boarding, and it is so nice not trying to carry food and a carry-on while trying to find a table.:) Keep in mind, it is $49.95 PER CABIN, NOT PER PERSON, so everyone in your cabin will be able to benefit from it.;)

We had it on our Freedom cruise in August and just bought it again for our Dream cruise next July. On the Freedom, we had to go to guest services a few times; so glad we didn't have to wait in the long general-passenger line! I think that alone made it worth it to us. Looking forward to using it at Grand Cayman's tender port.