Alaska 2013 season begins

narsibvl

I'm on the Island Princess starting May 13 for a B2B. Its always fun to be on one of the first trips of the season, lotso f snow still on the mountains and the tour/shop operators are glad to see us.

We will be on the Disney Wonder in July. Will we see snow capped mountains and will there be ice in the water when we sail Tracy Arm?

Most likely yes to both questions. I have sailed AK in both July and August and saw snow on the mountaintops that are the highest along with the glaciers. When we sailed in August we did Tracy Arm and there was some floating ice. Our ship had been the first of the season to actually get right up to the glacier, usually the fjord is blocked with ice. I am going in June this year, so am looking forward to seeing the difference.

Have fun!

I will be on the Carnival Miracle May 28, 2013. Can't wait! First time to Alaska.

Me too! Same ship, date and first time to Alaska! I am like a kid on Christmas Eve and its still a month away!

We are sailing June 11th! We were there in June 2009. Cruised Tracey arm and saw all the sea lions giving birth on the icebergs. Also the eagles would land and eat some of the afterbirth (kinda gross I know, but also cool in a way) AMAZING EXPERIENCE!:D

Archived