Discount Gift Cards?

bobnfl

Just saw discount gift cards on eBay for carnival, does princess ever put gift cards on sale? I have bought & used them on carnival and you can save some money. It would be nice to find some for princess.

Just saw discount gift cards on eBay for carnival, does princess ever put gift cards on sale? I have bought & used them on carnival and you can save some money. It would be nice to find some for princess.

I'm curious, why would Carnival (or Princess) sell any gift cards on eBay? Wouldn't they just sell them on their own respective websites? I always assumed eBay was either for independent individuals or companies who don't have their own website or people reselling things.

However, I'm not an eBay user so I could very well be wrong. ;):D

I'm curious, why would Carnival (or Princess) sell any gift cards on eBay? Wouldn't they just sell them on their own respective websites? I always assumed eBay was either for independent individuals or companies who don't have their own website or people reselling things.

However, I'm not an eBay user so I could very well be wrong. ;):D

By not looking at eBay you might be loosing out on some good deals. Maybe you might want to rethink it.

I did not look to see who was selling them I just saw them on there and it was not the 1st time either.

Current promotion from Princess:

Spend $250 get $10

Spend $500 get $25

Spend $1000 get $60

Wow. The last time I took advantage of one of those offers I spent $300 and got a $40 e-card. The $300 didn't expire but the $40 had a time limit. If they were offering that deal again I might be tempted but this one isn't as good. Of course, if one is spending money on a Princess cruise anyway... I do have 3 booked currently so perhaps it would be wise to go for it and use the credits immediately and just say, "Thanks!" for the little bit of freebie cash I would get. On the other hand, I have no real desire to spend the money right now for a cruise that is well in the future.

Wow. The last time I took advantage of one of those offers I spent $300 and got a $40 e-card. The $300 didn't expire but the $40 had a time limit. If they were offering that deal again I might be tempted but this one isn't as good. Of course, if one is spending money on a Princess cruise anyway... I do have 3 booked currently so perhaps it would be wise to go for it and use the credits immediately and just say, "Thanks!" for the little bit of freebie cash I would get. On the other hand, I have no real desire to spend the money right now for a cruise that is well in the future.

Yes, that was a better deal you got last time, but 6% is still decent if you have a cruise coming up...

Yes, that was a better deal you got last time, but 6% is still decent if you have a cruise coming up...

I DO have a Princess cruise coming up. Thank you Thank you Thank you for posting this. I bought the gift cards to pay off my balance on my cruise and i'll use the 'bonus' gift cards as OBC. It isn't much ... but it's free money. AND I get $$ cash back on my credit card I purchased the gift cards with. So ... pretty happy about it.

p.s. Just got $200 off of my pre-cruise hotel room, also. So, overall, a good deal.

Just throwing another way to get gift cards out: If you have an American Express card with membership rewards, you can use points to get Carnival Corporation gift cards. Those work on any Carnival line, including Princess.

They work great if you use them to pay for things over the phone, though Princess support reps sometimes need to ask for help in figuring out how to put them in the system.

Chase rewards only have carnival cruise lines gift cards, which cannot be redeemed on Princess. It is important to get the carnival corporation cards for Princess.

Just throwing another way to get gift cards out: If you have an American Express card with membership rewards, you can use points to get Carnival Corporation gift cards. Those work on any Carnival line, including Princess.

They work great if you use them to pay for things over the phone, though Princess support reps sometimes need to ask for help in figuring out how to put them in the system.

Chase rewards only have carnival cruise lines gift cards, which cannot be redeemed on Princess. It is important to get the carnival corporation cards for Princess.

I know your saying the Amex points can be used to buy the Carnival Gift Cards.

But also, the flipside: Amex card can be used to BUY the Carnival gift cards on Ebay ($100 Gift Card = Cost $85). AND EARN Amex points with the purchases. That would be good savings.

i know your saying the amex points can be used to buy the carnival gift cards.

But also, the flipside: Amex card can be used to buy the carnival gift cards on ebay ($100 gift card = cost $85). And earn amex points with the purchases. That would be good savings.

yup!

I know your saying the Amex points can be used to buy the Carnival Gift Cards.

But also, the flipside: Amex card can be used to BUY the Carnival gift cards on Ebay ($100 Gift Card = Cost $85). AND EARN Amex points with the purchases. That would be good savings.

Haha, yes! And if it is a new card with a signup bonus, you could do pretty well!

Haha, yes! And if it is a new card with a signup bonus, you could do pretty well!

I did that for my hotel this October before my cruise. So 2 nights cost $377.00 for both nights become $177 for both nights at the Marriott LAX. I think that's pretty good savings.

I DO have a Princess cruise coming up. Thank you Thank you Thank you for posting this. I bought the gift cards to pay off my balance on my cruise and i'll use the 'bonus' gift cards as OBC. It isn't much ... but it's free money. AND I get $$ cash back on my credit card I purchased the gift cards with. So ... pretty happy about it.

p.s. Just got $200 off of my pre-cruise hotel room, also. So, overall, a good deal.

A little problem in my Princess Gift Card purchase happy dance. I did not receive the $500 card that I purchased. I DID receive the $250 gc I purchased, AND the $10 bonus card. I have also received the $25 bonus card that comes with the $500 gc purchase, but NOT the actual $500 card. ???

I called Princess and apparently their computers are down and they can't help me except to tell me to send an email. So I forwarded my receipt for purchasing the $500 gc with the confirmation # on it and now it's wait and see.

Here it is, this is what I was seeing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263666308350?afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

It is expired but still the cards were discounted

Just in case anyone is wondering, the promotional value gift cards are expiring Aug 31, 2018. We sail end of July, so it works out for us. And you can only use them on-board, not to add to your personalizer account or purchase gifts/excursions prior to the cruise. The rep thinks they may be able to take the gift card as payment if I call after making reservations, so I may try that.

I have a B2B this summer, and wanted to break it down across the 2 cruises. Don't know if I will be able to do that.

Current promotion from Princess:

Spend $250 get $10

Spend $500 get $25

Spend $1000 get $60

I'm not seeing the promo when I go to Gift Cards on Princess site, am I looking ion the wrong place.

TIA for the help.

Sandi

I'm not seeing the promo when I go to Gift Cards on Princess site, am I looking ion the wrong place.

TIA for the help.

Sandi

It's on the front page of the website. Scroll down until you see Mothers Day. The 'discount' is in the form of a bonus gift card. For purchasing $250 gift card, you receive a $10 bonus gift card. For purchasing $500 gift card, you receive a $25 bonus gift card. For purchasing a $1,000 gift card, you get a $60 bonus gift card.

https://www.princess.com/