Live from the Maasdam-14 night Alaska

maureencruiser

Hello, everyone!

Saturday

As per my usual tomfoolery, I really didn't start to pack until the night before the cruise. Luckily for me, my suitcase seems to pack itself.

[

Do the ziplock work well for you? I'm still on the fence about buying some packing cubes or not. (I'm almost 100% on a couple for our carry-ons - for the emergency outfit & pre-cruise so we don't have to un pack everything outfits.)

Do the ziplock work well for you? I'm still on the fence about buying some packing cubes or not. (I'm almost 100% on a couple for our carry-ons - for the emergency outfit & pre-cruise so we don't have to un pack everything outfits.)

Hi,

I'm not Maureen but I have done the Alaska cruise/tour. When we did it, being there were three of us. I used one suitcase for just the clothes we would use on the land portion of the trip and used the other two for all the rest of our clothes. This way we only had to worry about one suitcase and the other two went straight to the ship.

Also I always use the zip-lock bags for my clothes when I pack whether on a cruise or a coach tour and they have always worked good. Especially for going through customs when on a European tour.

The best thing to do as far as cold weather clothing is to layer and don't forget the wet weather gear (you never know when it will rain). The weather went from warm in Fairbanks to cold and wet in Denali, so all the extra things came in handy. And of course when you view the glaciers it will be cold, so layer up.

Enjoy your cruise.

Traveling Dot :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Maureen,

I just read your report and really loved it! So much fun to read and beautiful pictures.

I was looking for reviews/reports from this cruise, since we booked ours for August/September next year. So looking forward to this cruise.

Did you book your excursions through HAL or also local??

Thank you very much for the good read!

Gina

The Netherlands

• 9 months later...