Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:37 AM.
Massachusetts
96 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
We just received the email today for our feb. Sailing. We are in a BA and bid on the penthouse..
I know it’s a vacation week and we probably won’t get it.. But, it would be awesome if we did..
we had to cancel last year because my husband found out he had cancer.. he’s cancer free now and to be in the haven would just make it even better!!!
Longview, Texas
428 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by punkinlr
Has anyone bid on and been either approved or denied for the 02/11/18 Pearl sailing out of New Orleans?

Good luck to those who have bids and are waiting to hear.

Happy New Year!
Was on NOLA Pearl sailing Oct 21 and Dec 14. Bid but no upgrade. Sailings have been FULL. Unless going from BA to suite, if still available ? Don't expect an upgrade.
Out of both sailings. I have not come across anyone that won a bid.
Longview, Texas
428 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Just checked Pearl Feb 11 bookings. Suites are available. A few balconies are available. Looks better than Feb 18 sailing which I have booked.
Gloucester Twp NJ
206 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Sailing Gem 1/13 10 day Caribbean, originally booked guaranteed balcony
Bid on most havens and penthouses (no mini suites).
All bids in poor range except for H3 & H2, very low fair bids
Today 11 days prior to sailing Bid for SE forward penthouse accepted $850pp
Even with paying that we are still over $1000 below what it would have cost to book originally

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Kim - Da'seamans's (Mike's)wife

Carnival Triump....... June 2002 ........Canada
NCL Sea ................ May 2003 ........New England & Canada
NCL Dream.............. January 2005 ...Mexico
NCL Pearl ................August 2007.....Alaska
NCL Gem .................March 2009 .....Florida & Bahamas
NCL Jewel................January 2011 ....Eastern Carribean
NCL Star..................April 2012 ........Bermuda
NCL Gem".................November 2013..Caribbean
NCL Breakaway..........January 2015......Caribbean
NCL Breakaway ..........February 2017.....Florida & Bahamas
Gloucester Twp NJ
206 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by davy jones
Can late bookings (30 days out) bid on upgrades?
Yes, once you book log into NCL. We booked directly with them on 12/20. On 12/21 we bid our cruise is 1/13.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Kim - Da'seamans's (Mike's)wife

Carnival Triump....... June 2002 ........Canada
NCL Sea ................ May 2003 ........New England & Canada
NCL Dream.............. January 2005 ...Mexico
NCL Pearl ................August 2007.....Alaska
NCL Gem .................March 2009 .....Florida & Bahamas
NCL Jewel................January 2011 ....Eastern Carribean
NCL Star..................April 2012 ........Bermuda
NCL Gem".................November 2013..Caribbean
NCL Breakaway..........January 2015......Caribbean
NCL Breakaway ..........February 2017.....Florida & Bahamas
Syracuse, New York
50,894 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by davy jones
Can late bookings (30 days out) bid on upgrades?

I've gotten upgrade offers booking less than a week ahead. Email came the next day after booking. Just happened on last month's Breakaway.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Alaska travels

[email protected]
Boston
454 Posts
Joined May 2006
Hello cruisers,
We just got our upgrade and our bid was accepted on the Breakaway for Jan 19th.
We had a mini suite and bid on a Haven Spa Suite with balcony based on our experience on the Gem in the 2 bedroom Haven suite last January. We love the spa and feel that having both luxuries will be a delightful way to spend two weeks. We live in Boston and have been hit with a deep freeze and a huge Noreaster is on the way.
So our mini suite is available and someone will enjoy their upgrade.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mexican Riviera

[IMG]http://www.***************/ticker/image.php?code=0XT1328dd8Xk4Xs11XOur 4th NCL cruise[/IMG]

NCL Norway 01, Majesty 02, Spirit 06; RCL Vision 07,Explorer of the Seas 08,NCL Gem March 09, Spirit Sept.09

New York
328 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Has anyone paid for an upgrade because pricing went down and then bid for a category above that and gotten the new category? I bid on a balcony and mini suite and then the pricing for the balcony went down lower than I was offering for the bid. So I canceled my bid for the balcony but kept my mini suite bid. NCl canceled my bid for the mini suite twice. So I bid again and so far nothing. We sail in 31 days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Gem 2/3/2018, NCL Epic 11/19/16, NCL Dawn 8/26/16, NCL Gem 11/23/15, NCL Breakaway 11/09/14,
NCL Gem 11/16/12, Disney Wonder - 11/04/10, Caribbean Princess - 4/22/06 - Eastern
397 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Originally posted by 3rdtimecruising
Hello cruisers,
We just got our upgrade and our bid was accepted on the Breakaway for Jan 19th.
We had a mini suite and bid on a Haven Spa Suite with balcony based on our experience on the Gem in the 2 bedroom Haven suite last January. We love the spa and feel that having both luxuries will be a delightful way to spend two weeks. We live in Boston and have been hit with a deep freeze and a huge Noreaster is on the way.
So our mini suite is available and someone will enjoy their upgrade.

Congrats, if you don't mind what was the cost? We got the same deal you did, mini to H9 on the Jan 5 sailing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked.................................................. ..................................Sailed
Jan 2018 NCL - Breakaway - Southern Caribbean..................................June 2017 NCL - Escape - Western Caribbean
June 2019 NCL - Dawn - NE/Canada............................................ ........ October 2016 RCCL - Oasis of The Seas - Western Caribbean
.................................................. .................................................. ............August 2015 RCCL - Liberty Of The Seas - Bermuda
.................................................. .................................................. ............August 2004 Carnival - Spirit - Alaska
Minnesota
2 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by Jewellss
Sailing on January 28th also. We made multiple bids and have not heard anything. We are anxious to find out and have been told we may not find out until the week of the trip. - Good luck and hopefully we will see you in the Haven!

We are also sailing the Getaway that same sailing. We have a couple bids in to upgrade to the Haven area proper (we are in a haven spa suite already) and also have not heard anything. At the same time we are tempted to cancel our bids and keep with the room we originally booked. If we decide to keep our bid I will let you know if/when we are awarded the upgrade or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
35 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by Loganpaulsmom
We just received the email today for our feb. Sailing. We are in a BA and bid on the penthouse..
I know it’s a vacation week and we probably won’t get it.. But, it would be awesome if we did..
we had to cancel last year because my husband found out he had cancer.. he’s cancer free now and to be in the haven would just make it even better!!!
Which week?
Rochester, NY
34 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by JGJT
We are also sailing the Getaway that same sailing. We have a couple bids in to upgrade to the Haven area proper (we are in a haven spa suite already) and also have not heard anything. At the same time we are tempted to cancel our bids and keep with the room we originally booked. If we decide to keep our bid I will let you know if/when we are awarded the upgrade or not!

We are on the same sailing and we bid on four different Haven upgrades. I'm not feeling hopeful at this point. Haven spa suites and aft facing penthouse show as sold out on a mock booking. We bid on courtyard penthouse, spa suite, aft facing penthouse and forward facing penthouse. We didn't bid on a mini-suite because it's not that different from a balcony and we like out location for the balcony. We will be fine if we don't get the upgrade, but I really want it!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grandeur of the Seas- June 13 2014
Carnival Imagination- October 2014
Norweigian Breakaway- March 2 2015
Regal Princess- February 2017
RCCL Allure of the Seas July 9 2017
Norwegian Getaway January 29 2018
Minnesota
2 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by Junes
We are on the same sailing and we bid on four different Haven upgrades. I'm not feeling hopeful at this point. Haven spa suites and aft facing penthouse show as sold out on a mock booking. We bid on courtyard penthouse, spa suite, aft facing penthouse and forward facing penthouse. We didn't bid on a mini-suite because it's not that different from a balcony and we like out location for the balcony. We will be fine if we don't get the upgrade, but I really want it!!!!

Well we are in a haven spa suite and we bid on another haven suite... if we get our bid you might get our spa suite.... so it could be a win win. Lol

Rochester, NY
34 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by JGJT
Well we are in a haven spa suite and we bid on another haven suite... if we get our bid you might get our spa suite.... so it could be a win win. Lol

Yes! Hope to see you at the Meet and Greet! All I really care about now is getting out of this freezer that is called Upstate New York!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grandeur of the Seas- June 13 2014
Carnival Imagination- October 2014
Norweigian Breakaway- March 2 2015
Regal Princess- February 2017
RCCL Allure of the Seas July 9 2017
Norwegian Getaway January 29 2018
Boston
454 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by tgloersen
Congrats, if you don't mind what was the cost? We got the same deal you did, mini to H9 on the Jan 5 sailing.
Our upgrade bid of $1,000 each was accepted and we were delighted... IT IS TRULY WORTH IT... Are you on Breakaway Jan. 19th also?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mexican Riviera

[IMG]http://www.***************/ticker/image.php?code=0XT1328dd8Xk4Xs11XOur 4th NCL cruise[/IMG]

NCL Norway 01, Majesty 02, Spirit 06; RCL Vision 07,Explorer of the Seas 08,NCL Gem March 09, Spirit Sept.09

Boston
454 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by 3rdtimecruising
Our upgrade bid of $1,000 each was accepted and we were delighted... IT IS TRULY WORTH IT... Are you on Breakaway Jan. 19th also?

OOPS... just saw your date. Have a great time and it will be wonderful to get out of this weather...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mexican Riviera

77 Posts
Joined May 2011
I just got the decline email so I figured I'll share the details.

Ship: NCL Escape
Sail Date: 1/6/18
Original room: Interior (IC)
Bid for: Balcony
Bid amount: $55-65/pp. Fluctuated a few time but settled on $65.

RESULT: Declined 48 hours before sailing

Obviously I would have loved to surprise my brother with a balcony for his first cruise but we will have a great trip regardless and will just have more reason to spend as much time as possible exploring all the ship has to offer. And I just made $130 that I had already spent in my mind so that's a nice bonus. There were a lot of balcony and mini suite rooms available for booking as of a few days ago so I thought there was a chance we'd get it.
109 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Originally posted by coasterbrad
I just got the decline email so I figured I'll share the details.

Ship: NCL Escape
Sail Date: 1/6/18
Original room: Interior (IC)
Bid for: Balcony
Bid amount: $55-65/pp. Fluctuated a few time but settled on $65.

RESULT: Declined 48 hours before sailing

Obviously I would have loved to surprise my brother with a balcony for his first cruise but we will have a great trip regardless and will just have more reason to spend as much time as possible exploring all the ship has to offer. And I just made $130 that I had already spent in my mind so that's a nice bonus. There were a lot of balcony and mini suite rooms available for booking as of a few days ago so I thought there was a chance we'd get it.
Smart. I wouldn't go more than $50-75 for a balcony from inside.