Resting Overnight in Miami - Best Accommodations?

teezfaith

Hello Fellow Cruisecritics!

We will be setting sail in a few months out of Miami and would like to find an affordable (<$125/night) hotel room to rest our head the night before embarkation. A hotel that offers airport and cruise terminal shuttles, and free breakfast would be ideal. If anyone has any hotel suggestions, please share. Thanks!

We will be setting sail in a few months out of Miami and would like to find an affordable (<$125/night) hotel room to rest our head the night before embarkation. A hotel that offers airport and cruise terminal shuttles, and free breakfast would be ideal. If anyone has any hotel suggestions, please share. Thanks!

You're kidding?

Six years ago, I stayed in La Quinta North, on the outskirts of Miami right at the Doral border. It was about $110 plus tax. The room was very basic, but it had a shuttle to both MIA and Port of Miami, and a simple breakfast. The neighborhood was meh, though. It was a little sketchy, and there was nowhere to easily walk to, except a few chain restaurants and a gas station. But the hotel served its purpose pretty well. And I was able walk around without feeling unsafe.

Hotels are quite pricey in Miami. On our first trip there, we had NO idea how large of an area "Miami" covers...booked a decently priced hotel. The hotel was nice, but in a horrible area...and a cab ride to ANYWHERE was about $40 each way! We rented a car for the next 2 days, so we could get around more easily, and to better places!

Since that expensive lesson, we stay at the Intercontinental for cruises. No shuttle or free breakfast, but a cab is only about $12 to port, and there are easily walkable places nearby. There is a Holiday Inn right across the street, which will be a bit less...both are "Holiday" properties. Bayside Marketplace is right there, by both hotels for shopping and restaurants.

We stayed at a Comfort Inn and Suites in 2016 that was a very nice room, included breakfast, shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to port. I think there was a $10-12 pp fee for shuttle from pier to airport at the end of the cruise, but pre-paid at the hotel before the cruise.

The hotel was behind a Days Inn and the area wasn't great, but we didn't have to drive. There was a decent local sports bar in easy walking distance (and didn't feel unsafe for the walk). Might have been an on-site restaurant too, and could order delivery if you don't feel like going out.

I think the price was around $150-$175 though. I don't think you'll find much with your budget. Another vote for Trip Advisor, pretty sure that's how I found ours.

I'd start by looking at a travel site such as Travelocity to get an idea of the hotels in the area.

I was curious myself so I did a quick search which you can see here for hotels in the port Miami area under $125 with free breakfast and airport transportation. As for transportation to the port you would need to check with the individual hotel websites for that info.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.