Britannia Club

tuvok37

Hello. Looking for something new to try in terms of cruise lines. We don't care much anymore about ports, but we've not felt "ready" for Cunard either. My signature block will describe what we've done over the last 20 years. But maybe, just maybe, it's time to try this line. I guess my biggest stumbling block is not having anytime dining...but can anyone tell me about the Britannia Club and how that differs? We have just done 2 Havens and a Yacht Club, and liked the intimacy and flexibility.

Thanks!

In Britannia Club you will have the same table for Breakfast, lunch and dinner if you want to use it at anytime the dining room is open.

So no waiting or making reservations, the same waiting staff and dining companions (if you opt for a shared table).

There is a small a la carte menu as well as the Britannia choices.

You'd probably save money by just booking specialty dining every night. The Kings Court evening specialty a la carte (Coriander, Bamboo, Aztec, La Piazza, Smokehouse, one available per night most nights) are $17.50, the Verandah is $49.95.

You are not required to sit at your assigned Britannia Club table for breakfast or lunch. On a TA last year my wife and I asked for a table for two every morning in the main Britannia dining room and were accommodated without fail.

You are not required to sit at your assigned Britannia Club table for breakfast or lunch. On a TA last year my wife and I asked for a table for two every morning in the main Britannia dining room and were accommodated without fail.

Since you are not asked for your room number at breakfast of lunch, no one would not what class you were travelling.

No, you don't have to but it's available if you want to use it.

Tuvok37, we experienced the Club Britannia Cat twice in the past and also next year we are also booked.

We enjoy the extra service and dining times. We also do eat in the Britannia Club mainly for breakfast & dinner

with lunch as a wild card. Since we like to experience the Pub and Kings Court as an alternative.

We consider Britannia Club dining as a Pre Grill Experience. Britannia MDR Menu with the Grill A la Carte Menu.

Actually we mostly used the A la Carte menu choices.

Even last year we had Flambes each night as a dessert and our Maitre even offered entrees prepared tableside.

Being Diamond Status in Club Britannia also gives us a possible upgrade opportunity.

I am curious with an assigned table and servers who are (hopefully) familiar with your preferences at the ready, why do people eat breakfast and lunch in the regular Britannia?

Ditto? Faster, mix with other people, experience larger room, miss the Old Room, I agree with you.

Ah, a good question Foodsvcmgr. Yes the staff at our BC table quickly became very atuned to our dining tastes and routines. However, we were at a table for 6, all be it a very enjoyable one, but in the mornings at breakfast my wife and I would use that time to review and finalize our schedule for the day. We felt it would be rude to just ignore our usual tablemates and we also wanted to be able to have a private discussion. Getting a table for two in the MDR gave us exactly what we wanted. Also, by day three the Maitre' D had our table for two waiting without us needing to ask.

Keep in mind that the extra money you pay for Britannia Club is basically for the separate dining room. The staterooms are exactly like regular Britannia ones.

I assumed that the main benefit was to have “anytime” dining, as with regular cabins you are on fixed dining. That was the reason we originally booked a Britannia Club cabin for our upcoming TA. We want to eat when it’s convenient for us and not the cruise line!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello. Looking for something new to try in terms of cruise lines. We don't care much anymore about ports, but we've not felt "ready" for Cunard either. My signature block will describe what we've done over the last 20 years. But maybe, just maybe, it's time to try this line. I guess my biggest stumbling block is not having anytime dining...but can anyone tell me about the Britannia Club and how that differs? We have just done 2 Havens and a Yacht Club, and liked the intimacy and flexibility.

Thanks!

Our Host is better equipped to comment than myself but the Club dining room on the Queen Victoria is a wonderful place to be - I would say it outshines the Grills in terms of ambience.

Our Host is better equipped to comment than myself but the Club dining room on the Queen Victoria is a wonderful place to be - I would say it outshines the Grills in terms of ambience.
We were only in the Club dining room on Queen Victoria for 4 days but it's lovely and I was pleasantly surprised by the menu.

Back to Britannia for our next trip though !

As said earlier, our reasons for booking Club Britannia is of course the Private Dining Room with an A la Carte Menu as a optional choice - a Pre Grill experience, location of the Cabin on a higher deck (Deck 12) versus a lower deck and Cabin does have a upper level interior and amenities over the Britannia Grade.

We feel more comfortable having the same table for the three meals even thought we do also experience the Pub and Kings Court. We have enjoyed the A la Carte mostly on the last two sailings. Also Flambe for dessert is a treat while sailing and our Maitre d offered prepared tableside entrees.

Thought others may like the experience, we were assigned a Club cabin on the new Deck 13 last year. While it is one of the brand new additions to the ship, we found it too far forward. Especially with your restaurant on Deck 2 by D elevator bank Aft, its a long hike to Deck 13 extremely forward.