Check-In Time

ID Cruiser

My wife and I just booked a cruise last night for a cruise that leaves on Saturday, and the only check-in time was 2-2:30pm. Do we need to really check in at this time or can we arrive a couple hours earlier, I know we used to get emails telling us when to check-in, but it didn't seem to really matter if we got there early. Thanks.

My wife and I just booked a cruise last night for a cruise that leaves on Saturday, and the only check-in time was 2-2:30pm. Do we need to really check in at this time or can we arrive a couple hours earlier, I know we used to get emails telling us when to check-in, but it didn't seem to really matter if we got there early. Thanks.

They will not let you in till 2-230.

You can not arrive earlier than your check-in time.

• 1 month later...

When can you select a check in time? Can this not be done until cruise is paid in full? I booked this week for October and did online check it but cannot find where to select a check in time? I only put a deposit and have not paid in full yet. Thanks for info.

When can you select a check in time? Can this not be done until cruise is paid in full? I booked this week for October and did online check it but cannot find where to select a check in time? I only put a deposit and have not paid in full yet. Thanks for info.

It has nothing to do with final payment. When you go to the Carnival site to complete your online checkin, you should see an option to select a check-in time. This is now present in almost all Carnival ports although some ships are not showing this option yet. You should be able to do this as soon as you can log into Carnival.

For those ports/ships where you must select a check-in time, that is the time you will be allowed into the building to check in, get your S&S card etc. It is not directly related to when you will board, although logic says that the earlier you check in, the earlier you'll be onboard. The new process just prevents 2000 people from trying to cram into the check in building at the same time!

Weddings, VIPs and FTTF are exempt from their check-in time. They will still have to select a check in time but can arrive at the port any time they want.

Some cruises have them, some do not. You mentioned October, I have one for the 28th out of Galveston and there is no option. I have 7 booked right now, with balances due of $0 to a few thousand, and that does not matter - some have check in time some do not.

Keep checking though, it may appear.

I have had to select check in times in the past. However just booked my 2018 superbowl cruise out of NOLA on the triumph and am not getting a check-in time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I just called Carnival about our October cruise and was told you have to wait till 3 months before and then it will be available on their site to pick your check in time.

On phone now with Carnival, I have no place to select check in time. They do not allow check in times to be picked till 3 months before cruise.

Must be something new or it's different for each port. We've had our Long Beach check in times since October for our May cruise.

ETA-- and was just able to put in our check in time for our September Alaska cruise, also out of Long Beach.

I just called Carnival about our October cruise and was told you have to wait till 3 months before and then it will be available on their site to pick your check in time.

This is misinformation from Carnival, or something has changed in the last month... many people, myself included, were able to pick a check-in time as much as 10 months before their cruise... as stated in an earlier post, not all ships, in all ports, have rolled out the staggered check-in time yet so that may be another reason why you're not seeing it.

We booked the Breeze in August 16 for August 17 and were able to choose check-in time immediately.

We booked the Breeze last month for July of 18 and there is as of today no option for selecting check-in time. Galveston is home port for both cruises.

I will continue to check daily assuming the option will be added at some point.

We booked the Breeze in August 16 for August 17 and were able to choose check-in time immediately.

We booked the Breeze last month for July of 18 and there is as of today no option for selecting check-in time. Galveston is home port for both cruises.

I will continue to check daily assuming the option will be added at some point.

Good to know! It seems Carnival has changed the process and timeline for online checkin, delaying it til some time closer to sailing. It will be interesting to find out what that check in window is!

This is misinformation from Carnival, or something has changed in the last month... many people, myself included, were able to pick a check-in time as much as 10 months before their cruise... as stated in an earlier post, not all ships, in all ports, have rolled out the staggered check-in time yet so that may be another reason why you're not seeing it.

Thanks for the information-I will call my Carnival travel agent tomorrow. I want to get an early as possible check in time. I don't know why it is not showing up.

OKay I called again and he took me thru online to get to page for picking check in times and IT was NOT there, so he said that means that port and ship do not have the staggered check in times. I will call my agent tomorrow just in case.

OKay I called again and he took me thru online to get to page for picking check in times and IT was NOT there, so he said that means that port and ship do not have the staggered check in times. I will call my agent tomorrow just in case.

Which port?? It just might not be available yet. We have not been able to pick ours for the Pride in September. I just keep checking - Baltimore definitely has the staggered check in. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are plenty of cruises where the staggered check-in is available many months ahead and others where it has not been added yet.

There is really no need to "struggle" with this so much. At some point, it will be added. Just keep checking. Despite your calls and questions, there is nothing you can do until Cardinal adds it for your cruise.

I think some of this depends on the port. We went out of Charleston in February. We booked 9 days before the cruise and the check in time available was 12:30 to 1:00. We had a park and cruise hotel and the only shuttle time available was 11. We got to the port at about 11:45. I was convinced we would have to sit outside until our check in time. In reality, we just followed the crowd/lines, got to the check in desk about 12:15 and onboard by 12:30. Nobody even bothered to look at our check in time.