11:20 flight from MCO...too early to make after Liberty disembarkation?

momof4girls

Ehhh... it's possible you can make it. I think we usually do like a 1-2 p.m. flight and make it with time to grab some lunch. To me, it's not always so much the drive to MCO from the port, but more often it's the lines at MCO. We've had to wait in long lines a few times, depending on the day of the week and time of year. I'm sure some will say go for it, and others will say it's cutting it close. For me, personally, I'd stay with the 4 p.m. flight and just take my time, but that's the way I prefer.

Back Plan it

Departs at 11:20

Starts boarding at 10:45

30 minutes to get thru security so at TSA by 10:15

in check in line and checking luggage by 9:45

1 hour drive from Cocoa Cocoa Beach - In car outside ship area by 8:45

In line to clear Immigration by 8:30

In line getting off ship by 8:00

You tell us if (not only you can make it) can you deal with the stre4ss 48 hours left in your vacation when you start stressing "Will we make it"?

What your back up plan? That 4:05 flight is now full and sold out.

I paid an extra $400 for my family to take an afternoon flight out of MCO instead of a late morning flight, simply because I don't want the stress. I've flown out of MCO before and know it's a bigger risk than I'm willing to take.

MCO is headache worst lines of almost any airport I have been to. I have family that live there and fly often I absolutely hate it.

Good to know! I haven’t flown enough to know if the super long line we encountered there last October was “normal” or not. Guess that answers my question!:o

Thank you all for talking me out of what would have been a serious headache! I will stick with the 4pm flight and happily use the credit towards a future flight (prices were cheaper today).

Good choice. That would be cutting it close and you know "Murphy's Law". At least with the 4 pm flight you can take your time and relax at the airport. The stress the other way would ruin what was a great vacation.

MCO is a notoriously tough airport because of the nature of the typical traveler (vacationing families with lots of luggage, some of whom travel infrequently). Wise decision.

So true! Even flying down there can be a headache IMO. Depending on the time of year, the plan can be loaded with little kids. Whereas, when we took our son to Key West a few years ago, I commented to him on the plane from ATL to KW that he was the ONLY kid on the entire plane, and it was full! LOL! But I get it, MCO is a destination for families with little ones. We did it once, for our daughter's Make-a-Wish, which certainly made some of that easier! ;)