Barcelona Hotels Prior To Cruise

Does anyone have affordable and clean hotel suggestions for Barcelona prior to our cruise?

Also, we are a senior citizen party of four; one member has had knee surgeries and was wondering how far it is from drop off at the cruise port terminal to check-in at Barcelona?

Any info hiven will be appreciated!

Thank you, 6rugrats. Had already checked Trip Advisor and Barcelona Port website for nearby hotels.

Just thought perhaps someone might have personal recommendation.

For affordability looks like it will be Holiday Inn Express on Calle Pallars!!

In Barcelona there are several cruise terminals, one for each ship. Your documentation will tell you which one you have to go to. Drop off is at the entrance doors of the terminal and, unless there is a huge queue all checking in at once, there isn't that much walking or standing required.

We stayed at Hotel Espana and used mydriver dot com for pick up at cruise port and dropoff at airport 4 days later, very reasonable and informative drivers.

Thank you, Cool Cruiser for your suggestion! I will check rates at that hotel right now!

Looking so forward to the western Mediterranean cruise on the Reflection!

HappyCamper49 (Cindy and Ralph Willcutt)

In Barcelona there are several cruise terminals, one for each ship. Your documentation will tell you which one you have to go to. Drop off is at the entrance doors of the terminal and, unless there is a huge queue all checking in at once, there isn't that much walking or standing required.

Thank you, OzKiwiJJ!! We have a member of our party of four who cannot walk great distances so this will be good news for him! Our cruise is not until Sept. 30, 2019, so I was just lining up things.

We've stayed a few times at Hotel Barcelona Universal -- We enjoyed the area & hotel. We also stayed in a small place off Las Ramblas - but cannot remember the name.

Thank you, Von and John! I looked at the hotel on-line and it is very impressive! Checking rates now.

Lucinda and Ralph Willcutt (HappyCamper49)

We've stayed 3 times at the Hotel Curious (pronounded koo ree oos) (just 1/2 block off Las Ramblas). The taxi driver will drop you right at the door and will pick you up from there to take you to the port. We love the Hotel Curious - they have a lovely breakfast every morning and you couldn't find more personable people at the front desk!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks to all who responded with Barcelona hotel suggestions. I am learning this site and do not know how to reply from the Roll Call. If I find it on a Thread I can reply.

Please do not think I am not appreciative or unfriendly! Perhaps if we meet on the Reflection's "Meet and Greet" you can school me!

Happy Camper49