Colo Cruiser Caribbean Princess August 18-25

Colo Cruiser

I should add to the information provided above about changing to port time one caveat: for Roatan, we remained on "Central Time" (one hour behind FLL, I mean) even though Roatan is on "Mountain Time" (two hours behind FLL right now). So ship time was one hour ahead of port time in Roatan. In Costa Maya and Cozumel, the ship and local time were the same.

Gary, if they weren't confused before, they sure are now. :D

Silly question - I noticed it said on the internet picture you posted "unlimited one device" That means one at a time, correct? I have 2 I need to check for work through the week. Thanks!

I would recommend getting clarification from Princess before making a decision to purchase additional internet packages but from my experience, that usually means one specific device and you will most probably have to acquire a package for the second device.

Every device has its own unique address and when you log in, the service will capture that address and prevent you from logging in with a different one unless you have the appropriate internet package(s). Some of the larger hotel chains have been operating like that for some time by limiting your account to a specific number of devices.

I would recommend getting clarification from Princess before making a decision to purchase additional internet packages but from my experience, that usually means one specific device and you will most probably have to acquire a package for the second device.

Every device has its own unique address and when you log in, the service will capture that address and prevent you from logging in with a different one unless you have the appropriate internet package(s). Some of the larger hotel chains have been operating like that for some time by limiting your account to a specific number of devices.

Great advice.

I am currently on board using the wifi unlimited loyalty plan.

Yes it is one device that can be logged in at one time.

I have 3 devices and when we log into one it disconnects me from the device i was last using instantly.

Very impressed

Silly question - I noticed it said on the internet picture you posted "unlimited one device" That means one at a time, correct? I have 2 I need to check for work through the week. Thanks!

I have been using the MedallionNet since the 8/11 cruise when it was debuted. You can use one device per account. That means that if you want to use a second device on that account you connect the second device and you get the message that you already have a device connected and do you want to switch to the new device. Click yes and the connection switches. Note that if there are two of you in the cabin, both get an account. Since 8/11 I have had my phone connected to my account and my DH's account has the the laptop. One of the good things about the new internet program is that once connected, the device stays connected until you sign off.

It's fast and good. Almost like home.

The internet package is free for elites/platinum. If you are purchasing, you can prepay or wait until you get onboard. The two cruises that we've had it, there has been a special price the first day to purchase for the week. The reduced price has been $69 something or 9.99 per day.

Here s a question regarding the "ship time". Does the ship stay on Eastern time thru out the voyage or do they change the ship time based on the local time in the port? We ll be doing the Western Caribbean in the next week. We re scheduled to be in Honduras at 12 noon, and have an excursion that says meeting time is 10:30 local time.

There are two alternating western itineraries. The one on 8/11 had one time change and the poster that said we were one hour ahead when we got to Roatan was correct. That cruise stopped in Costa May instead of Belize so that meant 2 MX ports so only one time change.

The 2nd itinerary which is the one next week 8/25 has two time changes because on that cruise you go to Belize which is why there is a 2nd time change and the ship is on the same time as the ports. The time was set back 1 hr the first night and one hr the 2nd night (Grand Cayman).

Hope this helps.

Vickie

I read where you walked to Ross from pier #2, isn't that where Walgreens is?

Can you please tell me how far a walk it is? Is it a smooth walk or with lots

of traffic. Thanks.

From pier 2 walgreens is just at the corner of 17th street. Ross is across the street and a few blocks down.

For us it takes about 20 min to walk to ross. There is a lot if traffic on 17th street but there are street lights to cross safetly at.

You can easily get a taxi or uber as well.

Thank you Vickie. I'm on a 25 Europe cruise then staying on for the 20 day Caribbean

In case wanted/needed something thought I would walk to Walgreen's if had to. Just

didn't know how far or easy.

Glad your relaxing and having fun on your cruises.

Edited by Belle