Colo Cruiser Caribbean Princess August 18-25

Colo Cruiser

How is St Martin after the hurricane? Is there still a lot of damage?

Looks much better than St Thomas did yesterday. We did not see much damage. ST looks pretty bad IMO. The main street in ST lost many business’s and looks like it has a long way to go to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Keith...somehow I missed the start of your Live & will catch up now. I've been preoccupied reading about the affects of Hurricane Lane. :(

You are welcome Frank. It was started by another poster and was reduced down. I am not doing an intensive one like in the past. Hope others will keep adding to it as there are many staying on and new ones getting on Saturday.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

How is St Martin after the hurricane? Is there still a lot of damage?

Looks much better than St Thomas did yesterday. We did not see much damage. ST looks pretty bad IMO. The main street in ST lost many business’s and looks like it has a long way to go to recover.

Dunno… we docked at both in the beginning of June. We did a tour of St. Maarten that basically circled the island and it was heartbreaking. Over three quarters of the houses that we saw were damaged. Some were just gone. There were still boats underwater in the harbor at Marigot. We stopped at Grand Case beach and only one restaurant was open. Every other building on the beach was basically shuttered. IMHO, St. Thomas looked much better or at least farther along on the road to recovery.

3805f688fa1b4bed3e36f892a21c5098.jpg

Does this taste as good as it looks? Hope they have them on the Ruby in December. Keith the photos are great. Thanks for taking the time to post about the trip.

Joe