Acs2653 Magic trip 17 DEC - 24 DEC 2016!

acs2653

Hello all! My name is Adam and this will be my first review. I have heard from everyone that they would like another Magic review and I am hear to answer the call. I have never done this before, so I hope I live up to some of the other reviews that we have all enjoyed reading. We are going to kick this trip review off early.

A little about me to get everyone acquainted. This is going to be and my Wife's 7th cruise. This is our 3rd on Carnival. We typically cruise 2-3x a year and switch between carnival and royal. Our next Royal cruise will be April 1st. Anyway, We are both in our mid-late 20s and live in Fort Polk, LA. I am an Army Officer and my wife is an assistant director at a child development center. We started cruising for our honeymoon in 2014 and have been hooked ever since. That's pretty much it. We don't have any kids yet which allows us the ability to take these trips! Lol.

Some may be asking why I'm posting so far in advance. Well, I'm starting from the moment I started packing. This leads into my first tip for new and seasoned cruisers. MAKE A CRUISE BINDER! Here's mine. be5d5e8db1504105576f4e55846d9867.jpg Now I am not an organized person. Feel free to ask my wife! But very operation needs a good plan. I have found that having all your documents for the trip in a binder makes it quick and easy to get what you need each day. It keeps the documents together and in a central location. This becomes crucial in a small cabin. I'll post again once I start packing tonight. Feel free to ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... nothing is packed yet!

We went to a birthday party yesterday and didn't get home until late. Clothes are washed (Thanks to my wife) but nothing else has been done. Looks like we have some work to do. Luckily, we aren't leaving until Thursday when DW gets off work. I am off all day so I will be responsible for ensuring we have everything loaded and taken care of. MTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the same trip with you! Only we are packed, doc's in order and last item will be to get cash for trip at the bank on Thursday.

We would typically leave NC Thursday afternoon and drive halfway (about 4 hrs) then finish trip Friday morning. BUT...DS has his middle school Christmas concert (Sax) Thursday evening at 6:30. Soooo, DH is trying to decide if we leave from there and drive through night (about 8.5 hrs) or get up at 4:00 and get on road asap to do the all day thing on Friday.

As long as we get there by Friday evening, I dont care! I so need this cruise and cannot wait for that first drink on my balcony! :D

We are on the same trip with you! Only we are packed, doc's in order and last item will be to get cash for trip at the bank on Thursday.

We would typically leave NC Thursday afternoon and drive halfway (about 4 hrs) then finish trip Friday morning. BUT...DS has his middle school Christmas concert (Sax) Thursday evening at 6:30. Soooo, DH is trying to decide if we leave from there and drive through night (about 8.5 hrs) or get up at 4:00 and get on road asap to do the all day thing on Friday.

As long as we get there by Friday evening, I dont care! I so need this cruise and cannot wait for that first drink on my balcony! :D

How old? I have a 12 yo DS who has his band concert (baritone) tomorrow night!