VIP Self Assist COMMON SENSE!!!

LHP

Ok...I am just going to post this here and vent...

why is it that people lose all common sense during VIP Self Assist???

On the Conquest last month, they had VIP Self Assist meet in the Main Dining Room...

common sense...when you walk in, go to either side to the END of the line.

Do not stop at the door ... blocking everyone else trying to come in.

On the Elation yesterday....they had VIP Self Assist in the Cover Band Lounge..

Do not stop at the door ... come on in and move to the END of the line.

Because if you think it is bad now...wait until they add another 150 FTTF.....

No one should have to tell people to move to the end of the line....

In the future with more and more FTTF, this will become a mess. Unless I need to catch a plane, I'll just wait until the ship is almost empty. Maniacs in such a hurry to get off the ship, fill the elevators and landings, block the stairs and landings . . . getting insane.

On our cruise on the Pride early this year the self assist was crazy, they started calling zone 1 and everyone started for the exit. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen! One of the exits were so busy they started sending everyone to another exit and all of the people at the end of the "line" started that way so that those that had already been waiting were just stuck. On our upcoming cruise on the Pride I plan to wait at least an hour after the first call to even try to get off. I cant imagine that the VIP's getting off of the Pride had an easy time of it.

Sounds great .. but on my conquest the debarkation ramp/arm broke .. so everyone who did what they were supposed to .. went to the END of the line on either side .. .. a hour later.. by now its really crowded .. they took us out the BACK of the MDR .. so those in last were the first who could get out the back door .. we went down 3 decks to the crew deck from there.

Dont complain.. mine was worse.. when things go wrong.. carnival always lets those who got there last go first from my experiences...

On the Conquest last month, they had VIP Self Assist meet in the Main Dining Room...

I don't know how many RUDE and PUSHY people ran my kid over or pushed him over with their luggage last time as they raced to get off the ship!

No manners of care in the world.

I will say that if you want to take the Carnival shuttle to the airport you shouldn't waste time. By the time we got off the ship almost two weeks ago (the Fascination) and got our luggage and mhelped my mom and stepfather (he's handicapped) into their car we had missed the last shuttle! The guy in charge was great though and had one come back for us so it worked out but now I understand why some rush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Triumph last September, it was headed to drydock so most of the staff were off the ship.

The poor Security Chief that was running the VIP Self Assist was trying to do 13,000 things at once because all the folks who usually do this were the first ones off the ship. (crew get off first)

Anyway, she asked if I would mind handling the VIP Self Assist as they came into the Main Dining Room...and I said sure....

and my greeting was...."come on it...pick either side and go to the END of the line...."

over and over and over again....

that worked...but it is sad that you have to even TELL people to do that....

Why in the world people want to be the first to get off is beyond me anyway. Just wait awhile, enjoy a cup of tea and get off when the mad rush of all the important people are through.

These are probably the people who booked a 10am flight home.........

Glad to know that I was not the only one who thought that yesterday when I was trying to disembark from the Elation.

Things were exactly the same 40 years ago...people just don't remember. I was an air hostess and the exact same shoving and pushing that occurs today was the normal back then....everyone wanted off the plane and no one was concerned about anyone but themselves.

If the crowds at self-assist bother you...don't do it. We here at CC know the problems so we should be the ones to just sit back and relax and wait for the lines to clear. We should know not to book an early flight and we should definitely not be concerned with being the first ones into our cars and heading home.

Just find a nice and comfy chair and enjoy the last moments of your vacation.

Even worse when people in walkers and self assist think they shoulddo self assist.

Why in the world people want to be the first to get off is beyond me anyway. Just wait awhile, enjoy a cup of tea and get off when the mad rush of all the important people are through.

Some of us have long distances to get home and want to hit the road. However courtesy is courtesy.

When FTTF folks are added, will VIP self-assist disembark FIRST??? I hope we get to wait in a separate lounge and get off first! It's bad enough as it is.

Self assist should be limited to ONE PIECE OF LUGGAGE. It's just crazy to see people try to schlep 2 suitcases, a carry-on, laptop, purse and bottles of liquor. Seriously???

Herd mentality, me first, and everyone for themselves... Some aspects of "human nature" have not evolved as far as we'd like to think.

The more advanced and "civilized" we become, the more glaring those primal tendencies are when they surface, and surface they do.

Tom

In the future with more and more FTTF, this will become a mess. Unless I need to catch a plane, I'll just wait until the ship is almost empty. Maniacs in such a hurry to get off the ship, fill the elevators and landings, block the stairs and landings . . . getting insane.

We've finally learned to just sit back and debark towards the end of the masses. Much less stressful that way (the preferred way to end a vacation).

Tom

and my greeting was...."come on it...pick either side and go to the END of the line...."

over and over and over again....

that worked...but it is sad that you have to even TELL people to do that....

Linda - they need to make you an honorary crew member! :D

Tom

Things were exactly the same 40 years ago...people just don't remember. I was an air hostess and the exact same shoving and pushing that occurs today was the normal back then....everyone wanted off the plane and no one was concerned about anyone but themselves.

I can imagine how annoying that is, time after time. A while ago, before I had my Kindle, I learned to get a window seat so I can wait until almost everyone had left.

I fell asleep waiting, and jerked myself awake just as I started to snore...lol.

If the crowds at self-assist bother you...don't do it. We here at CC know the problems so we should be the ones to just sit back and relax and wait for the lines to clear. We should know not to book an early flight and we should definitely not be concerned with being the first ones into our cars and heading home.

Just find a nice and comfy chair and enjoy the last moments of your vacation.

We do not have that option.

We have a son with Autism who would have a melt down standing for over an hour in the Customs line once you get off the ship....

so we MUST use VIP self assist....

When FTTF folks are added, will VIP self-assist disembark FIRST??? I hope we get to wait in a separate lounge and get off first! It's bad enough as it is.

Self assist should be limited to ONE PIECE OF LUGGAGE. It's just crazy to see people try to schlep 2 suitcases, a carry-on, laptop, purse and bottles of liquor. Seriously???

ROFLMAO..... sorry, but no way will Carnival handle that correctly...

oh they SAY that they will...but we all know it is going to be even a bigger cluster....

Glad to know that I was not the only one who thought that yesterday when I was trying to disembark from the Elation.

Sadly it isn't just the Elation....

we cruise 7 times a year on Carnival and every VIP Self Assist is the same.

Although the good news is that we had a good time on the cruise!!!

Karaoke ROCKED!!

Archived