World Cruise amenities?

basor

We are looking at a world cruise in 2018 or 2019 and trying to compare different cruise line offerings...it will be a 3 generation sailing with daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters (home/ship school with an opportunity to see the word first hand)

Does Princess offer any additional amenities/perks to people booking the entire cruise?

Other cruise lines offer free gratuities, free laundry, free medical care, free internet, free first class airfare, free pre night hotel and all transfers, etc....but are more expensive.

So need to add the cost of these amenities to be sure comparing apples to apples.

Also, comparing booking world cruise as 5 segments with sip and sail adding up OBC, elite internet minutes, etc.

We like Princess World cruise itinerary visiting Europe instead of Africa so hoping it pencils out...

You'll get free gratuities and if you book early enough you will get $1000 OBC per person for balcony and above and $500 pp for inside and ocean view. For the 2017 WC you had to book my March 2016 to get the OBC.

Forgot to mention that if you are eligible for free internet minutes you will get the amount you are entitled to for each segment and the same goes for the mini bar set up.

Edited by cactusrose

Also if you have stock you will only get the OBC once. The same for the miliary OBC.

That is if you book it as one cruise.

If you book each segment separately, you can get those OBCs each segment.

Of course you would not get any special amenities that come with booking it all as one cruise.

We would do the LAX - LAX cruise (short hop down from Oregon)....

2018:

Looking at the OBC - booking by segments is a much better deal - total of $2700 as world cruise.....$3500 as 5 segments (total of OBC, military, AMEX platinum and CCL shareholder)

Add in the sip/sail ...value of an appalling $12,509.70 (AIPB for 2 adults for 111 days) :eek:

Apparently mini bar set up and internet minutes are the same either way..

If gratuities are included in the world, that makes it a closer call ....

Edited by basor

You implied that you are elite which would mean free laundry.

I think that free gratuities or AIBP would depend on when you book.

We got a mail flyer offering $1000 off the cruise fare and gratuities included along with some OBC. Sorry, I tossed it and don't remember the amount of OBC. I did a quick calculation of the per diem cost and decided that it really wasn't a good deal!

Edited by moki'smommy

• 4 months later...

i, too wondered about laundry. i'm doing the world from LAX to LAX. my 2nd on princess, no suite, wanted a rear facing balcony which i got. i will have been a widow for nearly 3 years and will be traveling alone. i'm looking forward to reading posts with questions and answers and from experienced world cruisers.

milly

i, too wondered about laundry. i'm doing the world from LAX to LAX. my 2nd on princess, no suite, wanted a rear facing balcony which i got. i will have been a widow for nearly 3 years and will be traveling alone. i'm looking forward to reading posts with questions and answers and from experienced world cruisers.

milly

We are also on this world cruise from LAX to LAX. Come over to the roll call where there is a lot of information. It's a great place to get to know the people that you'll be living with for four months.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2229888

We are looking at a world cruise in 2018 or 2019 and trying to compare different cruise line offerings...it will be a 3 generation sailing with daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters (home/ship school with an opportunity to see the word first hand)

Does Princess offer any additional amenities/perks to people booking the entire cruise?

Other cruise lines offer free gratuities, free laundry, free medical care, free internet, free first class airfare, free pre night hotel and all transfers, etc....but are more expensive.

So need to add the cost of these amenities to be sure comparing apples to apples.

Also, comparing booking world cruise as 5 segments with sip and sail adding up OBC, elite internet minutes, etc.

We like Princess World cruise itinerary visiting Europe instead of Africa so hoping it pencils out...

What they offer at any given time varies.

I do not know how many segments make up this world cruise, but you will receive two cruise credits per segment since you will be the only one in your cabin.

Sometime during the cruise you should reach Platinum status at the end of one of the segments. Speak with the Captain's Circle rep to make sure you get the Platinum benefits once you are eligible.