Valuables?

Cherber

No safety deposit boxes but there is a small safe in your room. No cost.

I believe they do have (a few) safety deposit box's available for guest use...Just ask at Guest Services (Purser)...they are free to use but if you lose the key you will be charged a fee. However many of us feel safe to use the in cabin safe.

Does anyone know if there are safe deposit boxes on Brilliance of the Seas? If so, is there a cost? Thank you!

I thought there are safe deposit boxes on RCI, and they are available. This is from the website's FAQs:

Guests are encouraged to secure valuables either in their stateroom safe, or in a safety deposit box available at the Guest Relations Desk. Guest stateroom security is a shared responsibility.

Just want to add that if you plan to use the room safe, the tip of placing all of your items in a plastic bag is a good one. Many people inadvertently leave items behind in the safe. There is a lip that causes smaller items to be missed.

Edited by jmf123

I believe they do have (a few) safety deposit box's available for guest use...Just ask at Guest Services (Purser)...they are free to use but if you lose the key you will be charged a fee. However many of us feel safe to use the in cabin safe.

We always use the in cabin safe.

We always use the in cabin safe.

Yes...we do too...but I have actually seen someone asking for access to his safety deposit box at Guest Services...during the cruise I did happen to notice his DW and her "jewels" on formal night ;)

The room safes, while on the small side, are large enough for purses, wallets, passports, jewelry, cell phones, etc. They are key pad operated, to which you would set a numeric code to open and lock, and are typically located in the closet.

On Radiance last month the safe was in a cabinet over the TV. Not huge but big enough to fit wallets, cell phones, jewelry, passports and a net book. Used the zip loc bag idea (for everything but netbook) and very easy to make sure we didn't leave anything.

On Radiance last month the safe was in a cabinet over the TV. Not huge but big enough to fit wallets, cell phones, jewelry, passports and a net book. Used the zip loc bag idea (for everything but netbook) and very easy to make sure we didn't leave anything.

I've seen them in that or a similar location as well - varies by ship.

The safe use a card a magnetic strip like a credit card to open and close. I use a customer reward card instead.

It's a 4 digit code of your choosing you input each time the safe is opened (instructions for use is posted on the front of the safe)...just remember what you have used and make sure your cabin mate knows it too ;)

Does anyone know if there are safe deposit boxes on Brilliance of the Seas? If so, is there a cost? Thank you!

They do have them and they're free.

"Safety deposit boxes are available fleet-wide on Royal Caribbean vessels. They are available at the Guest Relations (Purser's) Desk. This service is free of charge unless the key is lost. A nominal fee will apply for any lost keys. Safety deposit boxes are available on a first-come, first-served basis."

http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Cabines&faqId=2674&faqSubjectId=320&faqType=faq&wuc=GBR

hth,

John

The boxes at guest services are larger than the ones in the cabin but they are limited. Not sure exactly how many, but not a lot.

In room safes will either be magnetic strip operated or numerical pad operated. They are transitioning fleet wide to one of the two but not sure which. On the same ship about 6 months apart I had one of each( different cabins although the same category)

IIRC my iPad only fit at an angle in the cabin safe so I just stuffed it under my unmentionables.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In room safes will either be magnetic strip operated or numerical pad operated. They are transitioning fleet wide to one of the two but not sure which. On the same ship about 6 months apart I had one of each( different cabins although the same category)

QUOTE] We have used the room safe on every cruise we have taken. Each ship had the 4 digit numeric pad. What cruise line uses a magnetic strip? That is rather scary to me.

... What cruise line uses a magnetic strip? That is rather scary to me.

Royal has had mag strip safes for years in the Sovereign & Vision class ships. Over time, these have been replaced by the keypad types, but there may still be a few around.

QUOTE] We have used the room safe on every cruise we have taken. Each ship had the 4 digit numeric pad. What cruise line uses a magnetic strip? That is rather scary to me.

it was a Royal ship. Grandeur to be specific.

Royal has had mag strip safes for years in the Sovereign & Vision class ships. Over time, these have been replaced by the keypad types, but there may still be a few around.

Guess we have never sailed that class ship. Do they furnish the magnetic strip card or is it your seapass card?

There aren't many of the magnetic strip safes left. Most are keypads that take a 4 digit code of your choice. Any magnetic strip card works on the other kind. We used an old hotel key card instead of a credit card or our room key and put it under stuff in a drawer.