Recommendation for Hotels/B&B close to Heathrow T5

Depends on your budget. You can choose Sofitel which is connected to Terminal 5. We usually book a more affordable one and choose either Holiday Inn or Premiere Inn that are also accessible by Hoppa bus from the terminal.

You can choose from among the list of hotels that are serviced by Hoppa bus from Terminal 5.

Is there a particular reason you want to stay out at Heathrow? Because having done it on a couple of occasions, my choice now is to always stay somewhere in Central London. The transport options are just too good for me to waste my time out there. Indeed, I like to say my favourite LHR hotel is the Hilton Paddington :D.

Silly me, wrong info. We are flying into LHR the day before our cruise. Wanted to stay somewhere close to the airport and take the Princess shuttle the next morning. We want to stay somewhere maybe in Slough where we could walk around (since it will be mid morning when our plane arrives.) Not a lot of time to go into central London and trying to make things easy. Been to London many times so we don't feel the need to go there for one night.

Thanks!!

If you can afford it the Sofitel is great, very comfortable with good food. The premiere inn terminal 5 is also comfortable and much less expensive but requires a bus ride.

I would suggest a bus to Windsor the afternoon you arrive. It is a lovely town and has lots of restaurants. Then back to the airport hotel.

Or take a taxi or local transportation to Kew gardens for a lovely garden walk.

Arriving mid-afternoon, I would hop straight on a coach to Southampton for the night. You would be there in time to freshen up and take a stroll to find somewhere nice for dinner and you may well wake up to see your ship through the window.

A National Express coach is a fraction of the price of a Princess transfer, and Southampton hotels are less expensive than their Heathrow counterparts. Even a private car for two will probably be cheaper than Princess.

Nothing in Slough really, not worth walking around.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the Betjeman poem, something about 'come friendly bombs and drop on Slough, it isn't fit for humans now'! Though the residents will probably object!

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a particular reason you want to stay out at Heathrow? Because having done it on a couple of occasions, my choice now is to always stay somewhere in Central London. The transport options are just too good for me to waste my time out there. Indeed, I like to say my favourite LHR hotel is the Hilton Paddington :D.

We will only stay at a Hilton based on the number of points we have. Why is the Paddington Hilton your favorite. As my wife is partially disabled, what is close to the hotel for sightseeing

I suspect the point Twickenham was making is that even though it is in central London, the Paddington Hilton can be regarded as an airport hotel - it is literally part of the station (you can walk out of the lobby onto the station concourse), with a 15 or 20 minute comfortable (if expensive) Heathrow Express transfer to the airport terminals, which is quicker and more convenient than the Hotel Hoppa from many airport hotels.

You would need to take a short tube or cab ride to get to the sights, depending on what you want to see, but obviously more convenient for all that than staying out at the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums