Giants causeway

buddymum

We have an excursion booked with Princess to the giants causeway. Can anyone tell me if I will need to take my national trust card to gain free access or will the entrance fee, shuttle bus etc be covered by princess??

We have an excursion booked with Princess to the giants causeway. Can anyone tell me if I will need to take my national trust card to gain free access or will the entrance fee, shuttle bus etc be covered by princess??

Not answering your question but just in case you were not aware - you can actually access Giant's Causeway for free - the charge is for going into the National Trust's visitor's centre. There is a bit of controversy about the signs being misleading.

Not answering your question but just in case you were not aware - you can actually access Giant's Causeway for free - the charge is for going into the National Trust's visitor's centre. There is a bit of controversy about the signs being misleading.

So I would need my card to access the visitors centre?

We loved Giants Causeway, we did a private that also went to the rope bridge which also had dramatic and beautiful scenery. By having the visitor center card you will have access to more bathrooms. For those who did not have the visitor center admission there was only one toilet for each. Long lines as there were a lot of visitors!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved Giants Causeway, we did a private that also went to the rope bridge which also had dramatic and beautiful scenery. By having the visitor center card you will have access to more bathrooms. For those who did not have the visitor center admission there was only one toilet for each. Long lines as there were a lot of visitors!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you mind telling me about the walk down to the rope bridge? Is it as long a walk as it is to the Giant's causeway from the visitor's centre? We are visiting in September, and I am trying to determine what the walk to the bridge will be like (I know about the causeway as we've been there before). We are hoping to cross the bridge, but the walk to/from it will need to be taken into consideration for our group. Many thanks in advance!

Would you mind telling me about the walk down to the rope bridge? Is it as long a walk as it is to the Giant's causeway from the visitor's centre? We are visiting in September' date=' and I am trying to determine what the walk to the bridge will be like (I know about the causeway as we've been there before). We are hoping to cross the bridge, but the walk to/from it will need to be taken into consideration for our group. Many thanks in advance![/quote']

Really nice walk to the bridge with beautiful views over the sea towards Scotland. It is a bit of a trek, over a mile each way, mostly on a good path, but there are gravel covered steps which I negotiated with care. Easier coming back than going. One part is quite steep. Didn’t go over the bridge, have problem with heights!

Definitely not as bad as the walk to the causeway.

Did you listen to Jeremy Vine as well? Our guide was very clear where to walk when we visited.

Really nice walk to the bridge with beautiful views over the sea towards Scotland. It is a bit of a trek, over a mile each way, mostly on a good path, but there are gravel covered steps which I negotiated with care. Easier coming back than going. One part is quite steep. Didn’t go over the bridge, have problem with heights!

Definitely not as bad as the walk to the causeway.

Thank you! That's encouraging!!!! Maybe I'll suck it up and give it a shot! ;p

beaf2eff5668065a8a5401cc97ef5441.jpg40831b951a6290d54631fba8fb4083e9.jpg

I’d highly recommend the bridge - especially if it’s a nice day. It is a bit of a walk but well worth it if no issues with mobility. Both these views were taken from across the other side. You may have to zoom in but the path is along the cliff edge; the bridge shot gives a bit of perspective to height.

If you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask. We were there in June (pre-cruise, which was very fortunate for us as our ship couldn’t port into Belfast due to extreme wind conditions!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’d highly recommend the bridge - especially if it’s a nice day. It is a bit of a walk but well worth it if no issues with mobility. Both these views were taken from across the other side. You may have to zoom in but the path is along the cliff edge; the bridge shot gives a bit of perspective to height.

If you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask. We were there in June (pre-cruise, which was very fortunate for us as our ship couldn’t port into Belfast due to extreme wind conditions!).

Oh my goodness - it really is stunning! Thanks for posting them. :))

I took this Princess tour earlier this year. All costs were included, both the Visitor Center and the shuttle bus in both directions.

Would you mind telling me about the walk down to the rope bridge? Is it as long a walk as it is to the Giant's causeway from the visitor's centre? We are visiting in September' date=' and I am trying to determine what the walk to the bridge will be like (I know about the causeway as we've been there before). We are hoping to cross the bridge, but the walk to/from it will need to be taken into consideration for our group. Many thanks in advance![/quote']

Yes I would compare it about the same, however less people at rope bridge. Four people in our group actually did the bridge, we walked down and enjoyed the views then walked back. If you have your heart set on doing it make sure you choose a tour that allows enough time, we used a company called Odyssey Coach tours and would highly recommend. Smaller bus, great guide and excellent lunch stop in a little town!

Wow!! Great photos Thanks for sharing.

Tony

On our Princess tour, there was no time to do the walk. We simply stopped at the turn-off area above the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and took a few pictures, then we were loaded back on the bus. So if you want to walk it, make sure your tour specifies that you can. At that time, there were no restrooms or port-a-potties there at all. Not sure if it's still that way, but it's a long trip back from Giant's Causeway without being able to visit a restroom. ;)