Review of Dream 10/1/17 Cruise from a First Time Cruiser

ElizabethR25

Your review was great! Overall, it sounds like you had a great time on your first cruise. Yay!

Highly recommend checking out NCL! I got my DH hooked on cruising via the NCL Epic, and he loves NCL. My parents also got hooked on cruising via NCL. But I found a great itinerary on the Glory, so we're checking out Carnival for our next cruise. NCL's itineraries were getting a little stale (and have all mostly changed now with the hurricanes), so we were ready to try something slightly different.

I couldn't agree more with you about the taste of the water served in the glasses in the MDR. I'll be bringing a bottled water to the dining room with me from now on. My last two cruises on the Miracle were the worst for foul tasting drinking water. (First world issues for sure.)

Thanks for the review and the photos.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Do the staterooms not have hair dryers?

There was one provided for us in our room but I had read several reviews that said it was not very good and I have somewhat long hair that can be a pain to dry so I just liked having my nice hair dryer that I always use. I was not pressed for space when packing and it made getting ready in the evenings a lot faster so I was glad I brought it. To be fair though, I never actually tried the hair dryer in our room.

Thank you for your review. We are sailing the Dream on Dec 31 and CANNOT WAIT!!! I bring my hairdryer as well, the ones in the cabin just don't do the trick for me either! I love bringing my lanyard to have my sign and sail card around my neck. Easy to use and not lose. Glad you had a great time!!

I couldn't agree more with you about the taste of the water served in the glasses in the MDR. I'll be bringing a bottled water to the dining room with me from now on. My last two cruises on the Miracle were the worst for foul tasting drinking water. (First world issues for sure.)

Thanks for the review and the photos.

We just order a bottle of San Pellegrino the 1st night in the MDR and it appears automatically on our table after that.

PART 2: Pros and Cons List

.......no coffee maker in the cabins - I would really have liked to have that so I could make my own in the mornings and not have to worry about ordering room service. It would also be nice to have it in the evenings without having to walk to the Lido Deck

We sail out of NOLA usually once a year as we live near Memphis and can drive down. We have sailed RCI/CCL/NCL from there over the last 20 years, but NCL is the only one having a coffee maker in the room. But that might not be all cabins on all of the NCL ships. Like you we appreciate the convenience of the in cabin coffee maker even though the coffee isn't the best. On non-NCL ships I used to just hike to the Lido or somewhere else to get coffee in our two insulated cups, but about two years ago we started using room service for coffee and a croissant in the morning. We are early risers, so always check the box for the earliest delivery, usually that's 0600-0630. We have had good luck so far....rarely has the coffee arrived after 0615. I think a nice tip and smile for the steward helps. Maybe there are few of us up at the time.....we are both around 70 years old!:cool:

Doug