Favorite things to do in the Neptune Lounge

SeaSharp

We just returned from the Mexican Riveria Trip on the Oosterdam. The Neptune Lounge is a wonderful perk. We went there as soon as we boarded the ship. We left our carry on bags there until our room was ready. Evelyn and Gary, the concierges, are incredible!They had a nice welcome board party there with champagne.The coffee machine is the best and I really miss it! I was there every morning for lattes and juice and every afternoon for lattes and wonderful little treats. They made all our reservations for the spa, Pinnacle, excursions, etc. Gary even mailed my postcards to my 2 grandsons for me. They were always smiling and wonderful and couldn't do enough for us. It was a great place to go sit and be quiet or watch the news or visit with friends. I don't think a day went by w/o using the services. One afternoon I mentioned we were having our tablemates in for cocktails and Gary suggested he order the h'ourdvres. It was little things like that, that made us feel special. Our cabin was also right down the hall which made it very convienent. After being in a suite, I don't think we will be able to go back to a reg verandah room. LOL!

We always very much enjoy the Welcome Aboard party usually run the day we embark.

Not a day goes by that we don't have several coffees from the wonderful coffee maker.

My DH likes some of the late afternoon nibbles. He likes just a little snack to hold him until dinner.

The coffee machine .. and tea selections.

wonderful chocolates

afternoon snacks .. yummy little sandwiches and mini sweets .. just right!

The service is efficient and professional .. warm and gracious

We didn't spend a lot of time in the lounge, but we did visit daily .. I suspect if we were on a longer cruise it may be a nice spot to sit and play a board game or read a book .. It's a very warm and inviting room.

Peggy Sue

Did anyone mention the coffee machine? You push the button and out pops Cappuchino! Push it again, another cappuchino! I tried to smuggle it out, but they caught me. All three times...:rolleyes:

It's also a great place to set for a few moments, and chat with other experienced cruisers. You don't find people "camping out" there, so it's rarely "crowded", but there's usually someone else (or two) around - typically another java-fiend (did I mention the coffee machine?)

But, Dave, how do you like the coffee? :rolleyes:

I thought it was better than the coffee in the DR or the Windstar, about the same as the Pinnacle.

Speaking of coffee, did you know that Starbucks now has "drinking chocolate?" Not "Hot chocolate" or cocoa, but real drinking chocolate? It's called Chantico. :cool:

expresso in the morning, latte mid day, de-caf cappachino in the afternoon....got seriously attached to the coffee machine and the sweets....

loved the mueseli and the fruit every morning for the early verandah pre-hot breakfast breakfast

loved taking care of all of the reservations in one place right after boarding sitting in a comfortable chair (while drinking coffee and eating chocolate covered strawberries) with the help of really great concierge staff.

It's going to be hard getting me off the verandah, but that coffee machine will certainly be calling my name!! Nothing better than a good cup of coffee!!

We've been fortunate enough to experience a HAL suite several times, but never had the opportunity to enjoy the Neptune. Sounds fantastic!!

Is there a bar in there where you can purchase cocktails, etc.?

No bar. It's not that kind of a lounge. Just a quiet place to enjoy a continental breakfast, snacks throughout the day, hors d'ouevres, coffees, and juices or to have the concierge help you with any and all possible arrangements or problems. Also a nice selection of magazines and newspapers, comfortable couches and chairs and a large screen tv.

We wouldn't have our suite anywhere but very near the Neptune! ;)

I also love the above mentioned things, but the reason I enjoy the Neptune Lounge is the other passengers that you meet. It is so nice to sit across from a fellow passenger over a cup of tea and get to know them. I also enjoy the Concierges. We have been fortunate to have the same ones for a couple of sailings now, and they have become like family. If you are on the Volendam, stop in and ask Theresa about her soon to be little three year old son. She has some wonderful pictures of him which she will be delighted to show you.

Photos of the corner suite of her twin Zuidy are in my sig below.

Anyone Going On The Oosterdam In Next Few Months Or Recently Beennonnher That Has An S Grade Aft Ciorner Suites Can Send Any Good Pics Of This Suite.

I Have 4180

Is there a coffee shop on the Volendam for the average joe ? not only the neptune lounge :o

As Dakrewser stated it is available 24 hours in the Lido. If you are a very early riser and go to the Lido to bring coffee back to your cabin, taste it first. It will save you a trip back to the Lido. A couple of times it was left over and sitting for hours. :eek: If this is the case , just get someone to start a fresh pot or check the opposite side of the Lido.

I requested & received a room service coffeepot and took it to the Neptune every morning (and many afternoons) for a pot of cappacinos or lattes and took it back to our suite to drink on the verandah.

Love being able to grab a quick breakfast or lunch there whenever we are in a hurry. Love to watch the big screen TV whenever there is a breaking news story - seems like something is always happening on a cruise.

Love having a concierge take care of small things - make change - turn in shore excursions - make Pinnacle reservations.

We couldn't go on a ship without that Lounge perk.

Archived