BVE schedule fall/winter 2017

LMaxwell

Does anyone have a Port Everglades BVE schedule for this fall/winter season? I like to do them from time to time, sometimes for the future credit, sometimes for fun and to spend an afternoon checking out a ship I haven't been on yet. I've met some nice forum members who were on a cruise by helping them board first w me too.

Does anyone have a Port Everglades BVE schedule for this fall/winter season? I like to do them from time to time, sometimes for the future credit, sometimes for fun and to spend an afternoon checking out a ship I haven't been on yet. I've met some nice forum members who were on a cruise by helping them board first w me too.

I have one that covers the whole year. Got it from a post about BVEs. Someone on CC has access and posts the schedule.

Sorry, I didn't save the link for where it was posted.

If you send me an email, I'll scan it into my computer and send it to you. Or you can try the lousy search engine and see if it pops up.:(

gnj ferren at hot mail dot com (usual format, no spaces)

We enjoyed our BVE on the Regal last December after a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We did not book another cruise in time to take advantage of applying the cost to another cruise, but it was still worth the money.

We've done the BVE twice. Once to thank our son for driving us to SF (3 hours each way) and once because we "cleverly" ran out of FCD and wanted to purchase more. In that case we purchased several FCD each and used the $39 fee toward our next cruises. The only bad part of that one was leaving the ship before it sailed. :eek:

Off topic, sorry, but is the US the only place Princess offers the BVE package?

In Australia only passengers are allowed to board (on international voyages) and this has been the case for at least 30 years, and wondering where else this happens?

To be honest I am amazed that it's still offered, considering current world events and the security required these days.

Off topic, sorry, but is the US the only place Princess offers the BVE package?

In Australia only passengers are allowed to board (on international voyages) and this has been the case for at least 30 years, and wondering where else this happens?

To be honest I am amazed that it's still offered, considering current world events and the security required these days.

Based on the schedule referred to on Post #3, it appears only in US ports.

The BVE passengers go through the same process as other passengers--having to fill out the Cruise Personalizer with their details and then go through the security screening before boarding. Princess also offers guided ship tours to local travel agents. We saw one such group taking a tour in one of the ports on our British isles cruise last week.

• 4 weeks later...
Sure, I've done it every time I've done a BVE

Can you help me please? Do you find a sailing passenger to connect with first? I just called Princess to inquire about availability of specific BVE dates in Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades and was told I cannot independently book a BVE. I need to be associated with a sailing passenger booking who "sponsors" my visit to the ship. IDK if policy changed at some point, but I thought people could just book them independently and not just to accompany friends & family.

I am not looking for a free ride, but I suppose some booked passengers might be happy to pay for the BVE fee since they get priority boarding.

Anyway, I am just looking to clarify that you are seeking out passengers to be nice or aid them in priority boarding or is it for the reason I was told - that we MUST have a sailing passenger sponsor the visit. Thanks.

PS - Has anyone been able to book a BVE on their own without being tied to a sailing passenger?

Can you help me please? Do you find a sailing passenger to connect with first? I just called Princess to inquire about availability of specific BVE dates in Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades and was told I cannot independently book a BVE. I need to be associated with a sailing passenger booking who "sponsors" my visit to the ship. IDK if policy changed at some point, but I thought people could just book them independently and not just to accompany friends & family.

I am not looking for a free ride, but I suppose some booked passengers might be happy to pay for the BVE fee since they get priority boarding.

Anyway, I am just looking to clarify that you are seeking out passengers to be nice or aid them in priority boarding or is it for the reason I was told - that we MUST have a sailing passenger sponsor the visit. Thanks.

PS - Has anyone been able to book a BVE on their own without being tied to a sailing passenger?

Absolutely false. Almost every BVE "live from" posted on this board was from someone who booked it independently, not "seeing off" a sailing passenger.

This is one case where you hang up immediately and call back and see if you get the right answer. But I would suggest waiting until Monday as it is likely someone with specific knowledge of BVE booking you could escalate to only works normal business hours,.

Absolutely false. Almost every BVE "live from" posted on this board was from someone who booked it independently, not "seeing off" a sailing passenger.

This is one case where you hang up immediately and call back and see if you get the right answer. But I would suggest waiting until Monday as it is likely someone with specific knowledge of BVE booking you could escalate to only works normal business hours,.

I was going to say I got my own answer. I did call back before seeing your post and got transferred to BVE department. You do NOT have to be associated with any sailing passenger. And the guy said they couldn't do a 1-off for me on a sailing my wife and daughter are on (it's like the only date on the schedule missing, so crap for that one).

But wife and I can book any open BVE in November or early December while we are in south Florida. Going to do it for sure - such as visit the ISLAND ahead of our big 60-day trip.

Total BS. Another case of some Princess phone rep who has absolutely no clue at all. I have personally booked a BVE when not cruising and not associated with anybody else who was cruising. My wife and I "cleverly" ran out of FCD so we booked a BVE in order to purchase more.

Remember that most of the folks you get on the phone at Princess have never actually taken a cruise or even been on a ship.

I have always booked my BVE independent of any other traveling guest; there was no restriction. I find people who want priority boarding after the fact just for my own fun and to make someones day.

And I just found out about this thanks to Cruise Critic. I was always under the impression that you had to be with a sailing guest. I am getting my mini cruise fix on the Ruby out of L.A., then will do the Emerald and the Coral and the Pacific!! It's a great way to visit favorite ships and get a glimpse of ships you haven't been on before. But be prepared to be on the phone with Princess forever, it is a painful process as most reps have not been really trained on the BVE.

Yes, I agree with you all now!! The key is to make sure the phone agent you first get transfers you to the BVE office Just don't engage them in conversation or you get told all kinds of BS. I knew some of what I was told was wrong, and found old postings on CC that indicated independent booking and insist on transfer to BVE department. Only way to get the straight goods. The gentleman there was quite helpful and all is good. He had the booking stats and anything I asked about was still "wide open".

Looking forward to visiting the Island ahead of sailing her.

And will stock up like Thrak as I need additional FCD (to earn OBC).

I will have time to cancel and re-book one segment prior to final payment - whatever they need to do to replace my $100 deposit with a $100 FCD. (Assuming no price change and I am not blocked that way - no goodies to lose as it was a discount sale price).

What is a BVE?

BVE = Bon Voyage Experience.

Princess offers this from specific US ports (to name a few: Fort Lauderdale, NYC, LA, several others)

If you look at the schedule that's available on the first page...it shows the dates offered, the ships and the port.

BVE costs $39pp. If you book a cruise within 90 days (IIRC), the $39 is deducted from the cruise fare.

The BVE entitles you to board the ship before almost everyone else, lunch in the MDR with a glass of wine, a guided tour (or you can choose to DIY), the pool if you want ;), food at any open venue, etc. You're essentially a passenger for the time of boarding until about an hour before they close the gate.

In addition, since you're a "passenger", you can purchase Future Cruise Deposits (FCD). $100pp as a future deposit (that's your total deposit when you book a cruise) and you'll get On Board Credit for doing it. Great deal!!

BVEs are waaay fun. If you know someone who is going on the sailing and book the BVE (many cruisers pay the fee for the guest as a gift), the person who is cruising gets to board with you :D. That's why some will pay for the BVE as a gift.

We've done it both ways. Independently and paid for our son as a thank you for driving us to the port.

BVE = Bon Voyage Experience.

Princess offers this from specific US ports (to name a few: Fort Lauderdale, NYC, LA, several others)

If you look at the schedule that's available on the first page...it shows the dates offered, the ships and the port.

BVE costs $39pp. If you book a cruise within 90 days (IIRC), the $39 is deducted from the cruise fare.

The BVE entitles you to board the ship before almost everyone else, lunch in the MDR with a glass of wine, a guided tour (or you can choose to DIY), the pool if you want ;), food at any open venue, etc. You're essentially a passenger for the time of boarding until about an hour before they close the gate.

In addition, since you're a "passenger", you can purchase Future Cruise Deposits (FCD). $100pp as a future deposit (that's your total deposit when you book a cruise) and you'll get On Board Credit for doing it. Great deal!!

BVEs are waaay fun. If you know someone who is going on the sailing and book the BVE (many cruisers pay the fee for the guest as a gift), the person who is cruising gets to board with you :D. That's why some will pay for the BVE as a gift.

We've done it both ways. Independently and paid for our son as a thank you for driving us to the port.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums