Symphony ... anything new?

Thanks for asking. I was wondering the same. I have been in Oasis and Harmony. I was booking another Christmas cruise for my family this December. The price difference between Harmony and Symphony for five people was way too big for me. I was looking for something really different and worth the up charge, other than knowing I was in the newest shop. I couldn’t find anything worth it for my family so we are headed back to Harmony.

I was also comparing Harmony price to Oasis and Allure but decided to pay more for Harmony bc my kids

Love they water slides, which you can only get on Harmony between those three.

I figure that Symphony prices will eventually come down when the next new ship is built.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When were you able to book shows? We are on the 10/14 in about 75 days and the entertainment has still not made it to our CP

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering this myself, as I have attempted to view the entertainment and start times several times on CP. This does indeed seem late as we are travelling with a 12yr old!

I would think there are earlier times too?

7:15pm is an awkward time to fit in dinner...either very early dinner (or rushed) or very late dinner.

yes I agree, certainly not the most convenient of timings:confused:

When were you able to book shows? We are on the 10/14 in about 75 days and the entertainment has still not made it to our CP

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked exactly 120 days out.

Show times in the Med are:

Hairspray

D1 8.30p

D2 4.30p

D3 7.15p

D1 8.45p

D1 10.45p

D2 8.00p

D3 8.30p

D3 10.30p

Flight

D6 8.30p

D6 10.45p

D7 5.00p

Hiro

D2 11.00p

D4 9.00p

D4 11.00p

D5 9.00p

D5 11.00p

That’s how we feel about Celebrity Edge. We’ll let it go around for a while before we book it. [emoji16]

Yep, my gf and I always wanted to try Celebrity but every time we are in a port day and they docked next to each other I see so many seniors on those ship. Nothing against it but I’m not really sure they focus on us that much ☹️

Hairspray

D1 8.30p

D2 4.30p

D3 7.15p

D1 8.45p

D1 10.45p

D2 8.00p

D3 8.30p

D3 10.30p

Flight

D6 8.30p

D6 10.45p

D7 5.00p

Hiro

D2 11.00p

D4 9.00p

D4 11.00p

D5 9.00p

D5 11.00p

Thanks so much, that is a great help!

Only around 75 ! days to sailing & still not available, will keep checking

Thanks so much, that is a great help!

Only around 75 ! days to sailing & still not available, will keep checking

We are probably on the same cruise 10/14. With so many long days in port they don’t have many options with the timing of shows. Other than Hairspray, most are not that long.

FYI there is a active roll call page and FB page as well

travellovers2: There are six shows that you will want to make reservations for:

1. Hairspray

2. Flight

3. Ice show

4. Aqua Theater show

5. Headliner

6. Comedy Club

That takes care of six out of seven days of your cruise!!!

P.S. You saw Hairspray on the Oasis. That was before the fall of 2014. Since then, the Broadway show has been Cats.

Great vital info. Just got the brainstorm today to go on a Symphony cruise at the end of November. Think I'm too late to get reservations for the above shows which I am told go fast. These shows are the reason I want this big ship. Also can I be a piggy and book the comedy club twice (I know I know the answer is now but I can hope).

Great vital info. Just got the brainstorm today to go on a Symphony cruise at the end of November. Think I'm too late to get reservations for the above shows which I am told go fast. These shows are the reason I want this big ship. Also can I be a piggy and book the comedy club twice (I know I know the answer is now but I can hope).

Chances are the reservations for the end of November haven’t even been released yet or if they have they won’t have been out for very long. I doubt that you will have any issues in bookingbthe shows.

Hairspray

D1 8.30p

D2 4.30p

D3 7.15p

D1 8.45p

D1 10.45p

D2 8.00p

D3 8.30p

D3 10.30p

Flight

D6 8.30p

D6 10.45p

D7 5.00p

Hiro

D2 11.00p

D4 9.00p

D4 11.00p

D5 9.00p

D5 11.00p

Anyone have any experience with how they map the shows when an Oasis class does a 4 night sailing?

I'm wondering if they have enough offerings everyone can get into the main shows at some point during cruise.

Anyone have any experience with how they map the shows when an Oasis class does a 4 night sailing?

I'm wondering if they have enough offerings everyone can get into the main shows at some point during cruise.

Here’s a 3 night compass

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/harmony_of_the_seas_3-night_bahamas/1?ff=true&e=2025714/40773099

Here’s a 5 night

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/merged.compressed__1_/1?ff=true&e=2025714/42662566

We're booked on Symphony for September. The headliner show is not available for reservations, but will be done twice on one night. Night 1 for us on our Civitavecchia embarkation.

We were able to book one performance of the Adult Standup Comedy, and we also booked the standup comedy show that is for all ages. The adult is only in the comedy theater, the general audience show is in the Royal Theater.

Barb

Even though we are super excited for the Symphony transatlantic cruise, I am disappointed that they chose Hairspray for entertainment. In my opinion and for a new ship, select a winner - mama Mia, Chicago, Saturday night fever, grease or the show that they have on anthem. All so much better (in my opinion) than cats or hairspray.

If you are thinking of booking the Nov. 24th sailing, the only cabins available at this time are junior suites and above. Entertainment reservations have not opened up as yet for that sailing.

We're booked on Symphony for September. The headliner show is not available for reservations, but will be done twice on one night. Night 1 for us on our Civitavecchia embarkation.

We were able to book one performance of the Adult Standup Comedy, and we also booked the standup comedy show that is for all ages. The adult is only in the comedy theater, the general audience show is in the Royal Theater.

Barb

We don’t have a headliner either to book for September out of Barcelona

On recent sailings it has been 4Ever who are like El Divo and are excellent so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, starting to wonder / worry about the entertainment bookings. We're 62 days until sailing on Symphony and I'm still not showing the option to book the shows etc on the Cruise Planner. I've been checking nearly daily for a few weeks now (since around 90 days out) hoping it would come up.

Any idea if this is the norm?

Hmmmm, starting to wonder / worry about the entertainment bookings. We're 62 days until sailing on Symphony and I'm still not showing the option to book the shows etc on the Cruise Planner. I've been checking nearly daily for a few weeks now (since around 90 days out) hoping it would come up.

Are you part of your roll call? This is one great reason to join. I don't know on the Oasis class if they do this differently when the ship is on its summer Med runs before coming over to the Caribbean.

There is no norm, entertainment reservations open at seemingly random times.

Are you part of your roll call? This is one great reason to join. I don't know on the Oasis class if they do this differently when the ship is on its summer Med runs before coming over to the Caribbean.

I'm on my roll call and I've sailed on an Oasis-class ship before, so I'm familiar with booking entertainment. I'm mostly just concerned why the entertainment hasn't been released yet. Is this something I should get in touch with Royal about, or do they often not release entertainment bookings before the 60 day mark?

Mine opened 120 days out exactly. Strange.